NEurope
david.dakota

The Android Thread

So I bought a Bluetooth keyboard. It works.

The only problem...it has a QWERTZ layout (Germany) but whenever I write texts my Nexus uses the QWERTY layout, which is quite annoying since I want/have to use üäö.

Don't want to change the system language to German. I also have set the input language to "German QWERTZ". Doesn't work :(

Help.

Unfortunately, that's currently something overlooked for Android (it doesn't have the UK layout, either, but it's mostly the same as the USA). There's a fairly cheap app called External Keyboard Helper (with a demo available) which has lots of layouts.

Hey @Cube (I think you got this setup in the past) I was thinking of getting my Dualshock working on my Nexus 7 but without root, since I don't really want to go down that path. I read you need an OTG cable along with the standard charging cable for the pad, but I really wanted to get it working wireless.

I read here that you can pair the controller after connecting up your controller via wires if your system firmware is ice cream sandwhich or later. Have you managed to get it working wireless this way?

I use a wired 360 pad. I tried using the Dualshock for something, but then I reset my 7 to stock.

I've just read that there's apparently some issue with the second gen Nexus 7 on Android 4.3 and using OTG cables. Think I'll wait until KitKat and see if it's sorted.

Going to give a shout out to this cheeky chappy

moto-g-leaked-photo.jpg

Great specs sim free for £130! Sterling buy for those who don't need something as flashy as the Nexus 5.

As a side note: people talking about last year's N7 performing poorly - I think turn out to be a Google Currents (Or Pulse?) issue, or something like that? There was some app that seemed to be causing issues with 2012 Nexus 7's which I removed and now the thing runs like a dream again. Would love this years version but I can't justify the upgrade - mine's still running seamlessly.

I meant the UK. I don't know if you're referring to Ireland...

I believe it's America only, so, an all encompassing no there.

The phone I posted about above is the Moto G, to clear up any confusion. A moto x without the good bits, but I think the price is crazy.

Yeah it's a great price. Think my grandparents are going to pick it up for my cousin for Christmas. She wants an iPhone, and would be happy for a 4, but they're still going for twice the G second hand. It's ridiculous.

I've recommended it for my mum to get my sister for Christmas. Seems like the ideal kind of phone.

I got it on my Nexus 4 last night. Nothing on my Nuxes 7 though.

Battery dropped 40% overnight so hope that normalises.

Anyone got the KitKat roll out on their nexus 4/nexus 7?

Got on my new Nexus 7 but not Nexus 4 yet.

Updated my apps for the first time in ages last night. When did Chrome change so you can't swipe between tabs anymore?

Updated my apps for the first time in ages last night. When did Chrome change so you can't swipe between tabs anymore?

Hadn't even noticed! :o:(

Just got 4.4 on my Nexus 7 2013 model, my old model got it a couple of days ago...

New font takes a bit getting used to, but yeah. Not much changed. Favourite feature is the automatic phone number lookup but that only applies to phones.

Is anyone else finding problems with KitKat?

My Nexus 7 (2013 model) is now generally much slower... Chrome crashes a lot. There's a bug where when I change the volume, you don't see the volume indicator change live (but it's changed next time it comes up)

Also the white icons look shit and the "OK Google" function doesn't work without setting your language to English US.

The date format is also a mess on my homepage clock widget (no spaces sometimes).

Exactly what use is Android 4.4 so far?

Honestly, I'm getting pretty tired of Google and Android. I constantly find their websites are buggy, Android crashes, Chrome crashes....

Might be worth doing a reset or something? Or speak to Jordan :heh: Not had any problems so far myself.

I'm not happy with 4.4 either. One of the problems is the launcher I'm using, which uses the new transparency settings (which I don't want) and he has no intention of making it an option. Although I think I've found an alternative launcher.

I found the grey status a bit odd but I like it. Not found any slowness with my 2013 Nexus 7. About the most dramatic thing I have noticed is the sound effect when you click things (aside from on screen keyboard). Not much then. :p