N-Europe

Cant change my avatar

theBLUEBIRD

I need some help with my profile settings, and I was wondering where to post it.. Thought this was as good as any other place. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

But I can't edit my avatar. I just get a message saying it cant upload my picture. And I have been making sure it's not too big or anything like that.. I have also been trying multiple pictures, so I know it's nothing to do with the file. Is it because I'm such a fresh member that the servers arent properly set-up yet? I don't know.. That's why I'm asking you....

Is it because I'm such a fresh member that the servers arent properly set-up yet?

Couldn't resist.

Try hosting your avatar externally on a website such as imageshack and then copy the link they give you into the box labelled "Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website".

Right. I have solved it.

As it turns out with the hiccup re: server stuff we've had the folders where you dirty swines host your avatars on (how dare you :p) had its CHMOD permissions changed so you couldn't. Changed it (and profile pics and signatures).

However, the image you originally provided...where did you get it from? It said "the .png file was the wrong extension", which it should be as its a .gif...so I saved it as a .png and that worked.