Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

3DS Console Discussion

Dante

I'm going on Sunday so fingers crossed I can stay a lil longer :heh:

But we could be there for an hour, maybe have 2 different rooms that changes on each hour/half hour since 30 min isn't long.

/ambitious

I wonder if we will just get pointed to a booth or each person will get a personal demo by a person showing us what is what.....

I can scence mega rushes to the OoT and other good games booths =/ il be stuck with something shit like that football game.......

guess we will see how its done this weekend.

Everyone'll go for OoT. Mad mad rush. But bring on Saturday, want to see how this works.

*sigh* Another reason why I wish I made it into a London uni, would have been perfect opportunity to try out the 3DS. I can only hope Nintendo do an additional tour closer to release to the shopping centres (hopefully Brighton). Can't wait for people's comments about the handheld :)

*sigh* Another reason why I wish I made it into a London uni, would have been perfect opportunity to try out the 3DS. I can only hope Nintendo do an additional tour closer to release to the shopping centres (hopefully Brighton). Can't wait for people's comments about the handheld :)

There's another, public tour in March.

Geoff speaks to Reggie in NYC about the 3DS

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/113?ch=1&sd=1

Reggie and Geoff are always so awesome together! :D

Geoff brought it up in the Bonus Round, but now he asks Reggie... Steel Diver a full priced game?!... Really Reggie, Really?!

Some people say they'll be turning off the 3D and don't see what it adds.

6 Augmented Reality games come with it! Didn't know that! :D

I REALLY hope Nintendo and other developers release more cards over the year, perhaps including them in with their games occasionally... is that what's expected to happen?

I REALLY hope Nintendo and other developers release more cards over the year, perhaps including them in with their games occasionally... is that what's expected to happen?

It would be a bit strange to put so much focus on the cards and then never do anything with them ever again.

I eagerly anticipate hearing from the people who go to the 3DS events this weekend, just so I know what is in stock for me next week.

It would be a bit strange to put so much focus on the cards and then never do anything with them ever again.
Yeah but that's just the type of thing Nintendo is guilty of doing!

I actually want my 3DS as a complete surprise come launch. I can't wait to have the thing turn up in the post, un wrap it and give it a blast!

If Nintendo play AR right it could be the answer to Reggie's disposable games problem: free to the consumer, quick fire entertainment. Now, imagine advertisers get on board with AR games with these, posters, billboards, box art, insert cards and even the weekly shop having AR games . What would be cooler than flipping open the 3DS, pointing it to a poster in the street and that poster just come to life in a brief platform level - now that's an advertising opportunity, drawing people right into your advert like never before. Nintendo could, quite rightly, charge a premium for such stuff - its win all round; advertisers get really direct audience, gamers get free games and Nintendo a share of the advertising revenue.

I actually want my 3DS as a complete surprise come launch. I can't wait to have the thing turn up in the post, un wrap it and give it a blast!

I may give Zelda a wide berth tomorrow for this very reason. I'll happily just mess with the menus and stuff.

Just waiting at the event now. Seems surprisingly well organised.

The first part of the event was strange. 3D took a bit of getting used to - you kind of need to focus on it and adjust the slider to a comfortable level. It took me around half of a SSF4 round to get the correct settings. One I was in "the zone" it looked amazing.

I managed to play SSF4, Pilotwings, Ridge Racer, Super Monkey Ball, Mii Maker, AR and Face Raiders. I'll post more later.

Just waiting at the event now. Seems surprisingly well organised.

The first part of the event was strange. 3D took a bit of getting used to - you kind of need to focus on it and adjust the slider to a comfortable level. It took me around half of a SSF4 round to get the correct settings. One I was in "the zone" it looked amazing.

I managed to play SSF4, Pilotwings, Ridge Racer, Super Monkey Ball, Mii Maker, AR and Face Raiders. I'll post more later.

please explain how it was run, life if they just point you to a booth or you walk around or... >_< tell us all! I cant wait till next saturday!

please explain how it was run, life if they just point you to a booth or you walk around or... >_< tell us all! I cant wait till next saturday!

In short:

- Introduction with over-the-top wording (even the lady in the tight clothing who was saying it though it was rather silly and knew herself that it was very cringe-worthy.

- People playing out SSF4 and Resident Evil (unfortunately, I completely forgot that my phone has a HD camcorder)

-A trailer and a message from Wossy.

- First room. There were stands with all the "gamer" games: Zelda, Steel Driver, Pilotwings, SSF4, Resident Evil Mercenaries, Ridge Racer and Pro Evo. There are about 5-8 consoles for each of the games. You get 10 minutes in this room.

- Second Room was the more "casual" stuff: Nintencats, Rabbids, Super Monkey Ball, Mii Maker (the Mii it made for me looked....special), Face Raiders, the AR games and a few video-only demos (I had a quick glance and saw a few clips from Paper Mario and Mario Kart). 10 minutes in here.

Then it was over.

In short:

- Introduction with over-the-top wording (even the lady in the tight clothing who was saying it though it was rather silly and knew herself that it was very cringe-worthy.

- People playing out SSF4 and Resident Evil (unfortunately, I completely forgot that my phone has a HD camcorder)

-A trailer and a message from Wossy.

- First room. There were stands with all the "gamer" games: Zelda, Steel Driver, Pilotwings, SSF4, Resident Evil Mercenaries, Ridge Racer and Pro Evo. There are about 5-8 consoles for each of the games. You get 10 minutes in this room.

- Second Room was the more "casual" stuff: Nintencats, Rabbids, Super Monkey Ball, Mii Maker (the Mii it made for me looked....special), Face Raiders, the AR games and a few video-only demos (I had a quick glance and saw a few clips from Paper Mario and Mario Kart). 10 minutes in here.

Then it was over.

sounds pretty lame tbh

I was planning to go tomorrow, however now im not so sure its worth it :confused: Considering that you have to be over 18, book tickets in advance, and bring photo ID just to get into the venue in the first place it seems like a lot of work for just 20 minutes playing a 3DS (10 minutes in each room)...were there any freebies?

...were there any freebies?

No freebies. The event was really well put together, it's just a big shame they over estimated the amount of people who were going - they could have easily gotten everyone into hour-long slots and given everyone 25 minutes in each room.

I felt it was worth the time/cost (£3.30 train and 25minutes travel each way), mainly because I was really sceptical about the 3D.

I was expecting more, sounds good. Hopefully not many people in my group are Zelda fans

TBH, with the amount of time you have Zelda is probably one of the worst ones to go for.

No freebies. The event was really well put together, it's just a big shame they over estimated the amount of people who were going - they could have easily gotten everyone into hour-long slots and given everyone 25 minutes in each room.

I felt it was worth the time/cost (£3.30 train and 25minutes travel each way), mainly because I was really sceptical about the 3D.

TBH, with the amount of time you have Zelda is probably one of the worst ones to go for.

I don't think I would go if it was a long journey, but luckily it is only about 20 minutes each way, so I don't have anything to lose. The 3D is the real reason I'm going so it doesn't really matter which game I end up playing. Thanks for the tip though, I may just avoid OoT altogether, so that I have a bigger surprise if/when I buy it.