NEurope
gaggle64

F1 2010 from Codemasters

We have 4 definite 360 owners now if I can count Murr, I think the majority has swung.

360 for me please :)

PS3:

MadDog

Nicktendo

Noodleman

will

JonSt

Emerald Emblem

flameboy

Xbox360:

gaggle

Charlie

Goron_3

Murr

Ramar (Maybe)

Sexual Chocolate

Undecided:

Ganepark

Retro Link

This based on people I can safely say have picked or not. Either way there is a healthy number on each console.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Here's what I suggest - Each GP weekend we follow the calendar with our own parallel championships, a PS3 and an Xbox. 20 lap races on each circuit with realistic weather settings, or whatever setting most accurately resembles the actual weather faced. Points awarded as per the real F1 system. At the end of the year the winners of each championship go head-to-head via a Time Trail challenge on a randomly selected circuit. Winner takes all (ie. nothing.) :heh:

Retro is undecided too...

And gaggle that's a great idea. I really hope the multiplayer allows you to go through an entire season w/ qualy and practice, that would be epic. And gaggle as a fellow xbox user I hope you're up for frequent races!!

Hungary at 23secs?... looks lovely!

1:30 onwards talks a bit about multiplayer.

Does he say 8 or 80 laps?... because neither are appropriate!

Edited by Retro_Link

Hungary at 23secs?... looks lovely!

1:30 onwards talks a bit about multiplayer.

Does he say 8 or 80 laps?... because neither are appropriate!

Sounds like he says eigh'y to me, so 80 laps max.

I believe he said 8 laps, which would make sense as I understand that's about the length the "Grand Prix" online mode will be (a Q3 session followed by an 8 lap race with at least one pit stop, damage, track evolution & tyre wear turned on). You will be able to host your own custom games privately or publicly with whatever sessions you wish, presumably including the full real-life race distance. Personally I think the basic Q3 + 8 laps will be enough for me. :heh:

But with just 8 laps you wouldn't get any chance for the race to evolve... weather to change/things to go wrong... and there's no real reason to pit.

Also, I presume that in multiplayer all teams/drivers are equal?

But with just 8 laps you wouldn't get any chance for the race to evolve... weather to change/things to go wrong... and there's no real reason to pit.

Also, I presume that in multiplayer all teams/drivers are equal?

Well from what I've understood, the teams are still at the level they actually are, but you get extra xp for outperforming your hardware, say beat a Sauber with a Lotus you'd get some extra xp. The bigger the gap in hardware the more bonus xp you get.

If it's only 8 laps, that'd suck. It'd be like playing Need for Speed. You should be able to have a proper Grand Prix.

Well from what I've understood, the teams are still at the level they actually are, but you get extra xp for outperforming your hardware, say beat a Sauber with a Lotus you'd get some extra xp. The bigger the gap in hardware the more bonus xp you get.
Hmm... is that ever all that likely to happen?... surely the majoity of people playing online are going to want to win and so will all be argueing over the Red Bulls/Ferrari's/McLarens etc... in that case!

Hmm... is that ever all that likely to happen?... surely the majoity of people playing online are going to want to win and so will all be argueing over the Red Bulls/Ferrari's/McLarens etc... in that case!

There'll be plenty of Achievement/Trophy Hunters, as well as people who support certain teams and/or Drivers.

There'll be plenty of Achievement/Trophy Hunters, as well as people who support certain teams and/or Drivers.
I'd rather Murk a few people to finish 16th in a Hispania than Win in a McLaren or Red Bull.
Yeah both true.

If it's only 8 laps, that'd suck. It'd be like playing Need for Speed. You should be able to have a proper Grand Prix.

I'm sure you'll be able to set it so you can choose to either do like 8 laps, half race distance or full distance.

The issue I see with doing a full race distance online is that with the Q3 qualifying on top of it, you could be playing a single setting for around 2 hours, or even more in some cases. That's really not going to be the most enjoyable experience as it'll just drag and attention will drop with players if they're constantly driving the same route for that amount of time.

Still undecided on what platform to get this for, if I'm able to get it. Pretty evenly split between the two, so getting some decent N-E championships going would be easy enough. Doesn't really matter which I pick to be honest as it'll be the same game.

Full distance will probably be too much, but 50%. 30ish laps sounds good, under one hour.

Yeah a 30 minute race sounds about right to me tbh. On Forza I normally do 8/16 lap races, but then again it's easier to control those cars.

Just under 3 weeks left guys!!