Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

yeeeeeeeessss! (X-Men 3 Trailer)

Dan_Dare

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i think so. im pretty sure the x men are gonna duke it out with the brotherhood and the acolytes this time.

with regards to the dark pheonix saga plot: has the brotherhood taken on the role of the hellfire club here? in the original comics the hellfire club used the illusions of mastermind in an attempt to control the pheonix. the attempt failed and the mental damage on the pheonix (newly granted a mind based on Jean Grey) broke it's mind, creating the dark pheonix.

given Mastermind's original affilation with the brotherhood back in the Lee/ Kirby days, could we expect a similar situation?

this shot is interesting, we have Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Rogue and 2 others. I assume that the girl is Jubilee :( but whose the guy?

X3-2.jpg

X3-1.jpg

Colossus, Wolverine, Rogue, Storm, Iceman, Kitty Pryde

Those of you hating on the trailer bear in mind that they went straight to an early full, this movie isn't out until May, which means they're probably only 80% through initial shooting and a third of that edited. Most movies would've had a teaser out first... I'm sure there will be better trailers to come.

Thanks for the link to the trailer, over a third of the way through buffering. 80%.... 90%.... Done. This trailer is great, it revealed enough to amp my interest but not enough to give away the plot. By the way am I the only one who wishes theyd done something involving Apocalypse? Mightbe the cliff hanger at the end of this film.

thing with apocalypse is he's....almost too big, too fantastic for the films. his bewst story arc involved the collapse of history. he just requires a hell of a lot of knowlage about the x-men to get the most out of him.

having said that, I think that a Mr Sinister is a character that just needs to be done in the movies. he's a scientist so he makes more sense than apocalypes and his story with the morlocks and gambit is just awesome. The crucifixion of Angel is the stuff of x men legend and obviously leads up to apocalypse....

I'm thinking that the part with the lazers is the danger room :yay: this is the best way to introduce sentinels (which if you go onto x3movie.com, the official site you can see in the intro) without having to go into detail about where they are from as the government seems quite mutant friendly in this film as beast appears to be quite high up politically.

I dont think the memorial is for jean as it is being led by storm instead of xavier, i've only ever seen storm leading the Xmen when two other characters have been out of commision so I think the memorial is for them. Also Moira McTaggart is in this film, maybe just to attend her friends funeral?

xcast18nd.jpgxcast18nd_1.jpg

Also, this hasnt been mentioned yet; the official pics of callisto and emma frost (who if I remember correctly was a pivotal part in the hellfire/dark phoenix saga and so may be used by magneto to control jean and is played by the incredibly hot Ashley Hartman) that are hidden in the files of the site. Bring on the morlocks too, Leech is also listed in the credits. Other favourites in the credits include multiple man, siryn, M, Jubilee and Omega Red! :bouncy:

im now certain that the hellfire club role in the dark pheonix saga has been replaced by the brotherhood.

frankly, the prospect of quasi victorian billionare mutant megalomaniacs isnt exactly fitting in singers x-men world. magneto is still the perfect villain for it, even 3 films in. he's just such and incredible character. easily my favourite badguy in comics. the green goblin is pretty awesome too.

Wow, it's really going epic on our arses. Dang, I really need to the X-men movies on DVD. I'm just hoping that we get another good dose of *BAMF* Nightcrawler *BAMF*. Although I've got a funny feeling he died at the end of X-men 2. I honestly can't remember, I havent seen it since it was in the cinema. I certainly remember some kind of tense situation involving a nuclear reactor or something. Screw Wolverine, why isn't Nightcrawler the star?

Wow, it's really going epic on our arses. Dang, I really need to the X-men movies on DVD. I'm just hoping that we get another good dose of *BAMF* Nightcrawler *BAMF*. Although I've got a funny feeling he died at the end of X-men 2. I honestly can't remember, I havent seen it since it was in the cinema. I certainly remember some kind of tense situation involving a nuclear reactor or something. Screw Wolverine, why isn't Nightcrawler the star?

To hell with all of them Gambit rules all!

When they talk about Wolverine being the reluctant leader, I think they mean just of the team that goes out and does things. Cyclops was the team leader up until now, but the movie makes it seem like Jean's death has led to him quitting the institute, which pretty much only leaves Wolverine or Storm to lead whoever is left.

Oh, and Colossus getting a bigger role is awesome.

Some people mentioned "hidden files" showing pics of emma frost - where are they?

Other favourites in the credits include multiple man, siryn, M, Jubilee and Omega Red! :bouncy:

Jubilee has been in the X movies since the first, she is an asian girl with big hoopy earrings. In the second movie she had a scene where she struggled briefly with her firework-powers in the museum but it was cut from the final release, its amongst DVD special features though.

Jubilee has been in the X movies since the first, she is an asian girl with big hoopy earrings. In the second movie she had a scene where she struggled briefly with her firework-powers in the museum but it was cut from the final release, its amongst DVD special features though.

yeah i'd wish they'd do more with Jubilee she should be more conected to Wolverine like the comics.

eugh, she's annoying. fireworks? that sucks.

it's a shame the movie rogue never got her extended powers. hopefully she might do the whole souping up the teams powers to kick ass thing. ive lost count of how many times she's clobbered goons with colossus' powers...

eugh, she's annoying. fireworks? that sucks.

it's a shame the movie rogue never got her extended powers. hopefully she might do the whole souping up the teams powers to kick ass thing. ive lost count of how many times she's clobbered goons with colossus' powers...

Yeah if I remember correctly Colossus is the only one that doesnt get hurt by Rogue. Also the comics wrote that she gained strength and flight which stuck with her for a very long time, I think from Ms Marvel originally. It would be nice to see her doing some damage :D Also having Bobby in costume in the trailer and pics suggests that we might finally see a real Iceman instead of... Frost-boy or whatever he's been so far.

*go-go cigarette extinguishing power!*, great.

Yeah if I remember correctly Colossus is the only one that doesnt get hurt by Rogue. Also the comics wrote that she gained strength and flight which stuck with her for a very long time, I think from Ms Marvel originally. It would be nice to see her doing some damage :D Also having Bobby in costume in the trailer and pics suggests that we might finally see a real Iceman instead of... Frost-boy or whatever he's been so far.

*go-go cigarette extinguishing power!*, great.

To be fair the AoA Magneto didnt either. Been a while since I read the story arc but I cant remember if Joseph ( Magneto clone fact fans ) could touch her without getting hurt..

To be fair the AoA Magneto didnt either. Been a while since I read the story arc but I cant remember if Joseph ( Magneto clone fact fans ) could touch her without getting hurt..

Ah yeah but I was referring to the aforementioned 'team' - which I assumed just included the X-Men.

jopseph did rig some sort of machine up at one point, but im not sure what.

never did explain why magneto could touch rogue in the AOA, im guessing it has something to do with his powers being strog enough to nullify hers or something. probably uses his forcefield, just incredibly thin.