N-Europe

Batman: The Brave And The Bold

Marcamillian

IGN Review 6.7

If The Brave and the Bold was a downloadable title I would buy it in an instant. But it's a full $40 game. There's a lot of flair and style with The Brave and the Bold, but it's a pretty mindless affair, even for a kids' game.

4lnj85.png

GameInformer 8.5

Tight controls and cheeky humor make Brave and the Bold an easy recommendation for bat and brawler fans alike. Accessible and entertaining, it’s also a perfect fit for –familyplay.

1up B+

If you know you're getting into an easy and simple brawler, then The Brave and The Bold is one heck of a ride. It's unapologetically simple and goofy, and it not only presents a good throwback to the 16-bit era, but also to a more lighthearted take on Batman in general. Overall, while it errs a bit too much toward simplicity, The Brave And The Bold is a great family-friendly Batman game, and is honestly my favorite Batman title not called Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Destructoid 8.0

It delivers a solid and enjoyable experience from beginning to end. It isn't going to win anyone over for its finger-blistering difficulty, either, so fans looking for an old-school challenge should check their expectations accordingly. But super sharp visuals and clever writing make this a collection of Batman adventures you won't want to miss.

GameSpot 7.0

A great sense of humor and flashy style make the Caped Crusader's latest adventure entertaining, despite the lack of challenge.

Joystiq 7.0

Genuine laughs and amusing scenarios await within, and if you can keep in mind that you're probably several times older than the target audience, it's a pretty solid option for co-op with your kid sibling -- or a drinking buddy, for that matter.

They should do a section with the Music Meister in it. Just so they can put NPH in it.

NPH?

Also, not seen much of the cartoon series, but I have seen, I've quite liked the style its in of not quite taking itself too seriously. However, it seems that as a video game, it's not doing enough to match up to its price tag, though I might be interested in checking it out to see how much of the humour has carried over, and probably on co-op even then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...