N-Europe

Vancouver 2010 (Olympics)

Emasher

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the opening ceremony was really great, especially the projection work done on the floor, with the shifting ice sheets and then the whales, fantastic!

How embarassing was the women who sang the national anthem though! For some reason she was miming and clearly couldn't hear the music, so her lip sincing was WAY off... oops!!

Such upsetting news about the Georgian luge athlete, sounded like a really horrible accident, and the rest of the team looked really saddened when they walked out, shame they couldn't enjoy it, felt sorry for their loss and felt a bit sad.

REALLY looking forward to watching these winter games, the winter olympics are fantastic!!

I thought the opening ceremony was really great, especially the projection work done on the floor, with the shifting ice sheets and then the whales, fantastic!

How embarassing was the women who sang the national anthem though! For some reason she was miming and clearly couldn't hear the music, so her lip sincing was WAY off... oops!!

Such upsetting news about the Georgian luge athlete, sounded like a really horrible accident, and the rest of the team looked really saddened when they walked out, shame they couldn't enjoy it, felt sorry for their loss and felt a bit sad.

REALLY looking forward to watching these winter games, the winter olympics are fantastic!!

Agreed, there's justo something in my mind that just see's Canada and Winter Olympics going together.

Only just watching the opening ceremony now which I sky plused earlier. Loved the Snowboard video at the start then with the guy appearing in the stadium and boarding through the rings. Just up to the Canadian Anthem now.

Looking forward to the Snowboard, downhill Ski and Bobsleigh (remembers Cool Runnings) events.

Edit: Oh and Speed Skating, how'd I forget that, that's always awesome :)

Edited by Mokong

She was only 14 as well. One thing I will say though, the song she sang was barely the national anthem. The words were right, but the music was all wrong.

Now the real embarrassment was the hydraulic failure with the flame.

WTF??

I Sky Plus'ed a EuroSport broadcast of the Opening Cermeony that was on this morning (which I think was a repeat) and they took a break after Ghana came out, when the ads ended they were at Slovakia... WTF??? They cut out a ton of countries including Ireland and even Great Britain and about 36 other countries. I know it was a repeat but surely that can't be legal :heh:

Awesome opening ceremony, loved it when they pulled the fire and then it turns into ice, that sequence was amazing. But that's all I'll see of it, we're not into it over here and there isn't much coverage.

WTF??

I Sky Plus'ed a EuroSport broadcast of the Opening Cermeony that was on this morning (which I think was a repeat) and they took a break after Ghana came out, when the ads ended they were at Slovakia... WTF??? They cut out a ton of countries including Ireland and even Great Britain and about 36 other countries. I know it was a repeat but surely that can't be legal :heh:

Ghana has a winter Olympics team?!

Ghana has a winter Olympics team?!

Yes consisting of one Alpine Skiier, Kwame Nkrumah-Acheampong you might have heard of him refered to as the "Snow Leopard", the first Ghana Winter Olympic athlete.

Anyway, just woke up and watching some stuff I set Sky Plus to record for me. Watched the final of the Mens 1500m Speedskating, great race, near the end it looked like Korea was gonna win Gold, Silver and Bronze then on the final lap the guys in 2nd and 3rd crashed out, man that was harsh, that would have been pretty cool to see one country win all 3 medals and for the 2 guys to fall so near the line, can't imgine how bad they must feel:nono:

Watching the Womens Freestyle Skiing now. After only just a few months back skiing for myself for the very first time and feeling the weight in the books and skiies I'm even more amazed at how these guys can do all these flips and tricks wearing them.

Damn the Womens Freestyle Moguls were good. Some harsh falls but great to see them get back up and finish the run and still put off great 2nd jumps, especially Kristi Richards from Canada. Looked like she was gonna power down the hill, unlucky to fall on the mid section turns but just put her ski back on and performed a nice twitsing backflip. Probably could have finished in the medals if not for the fall.

Just finished watching the Snowboard Cross, all great races, the final was tense as hell. Was pulling for Robertson of Canada, so unlucky, he was the best out of all the races up to the final. But well done to Wescott retaining his Olympic gold.

Yeah, was a very good race. That Wescott guy seemed very cool throughout all the races, he just waited for his chance, or a mistake from someone ahead. Really enjoying the Winter Olympics.

Yes, the snowboard cross was awesome to watch, even if it got a bit late.

Bad start for Norway. I guess two silver and one bronze is better than most countries, but I expected better. I think most people were expecting gold in mens 10km sprint (biathlon)(5 time olympic champion Bjørndalen screwed up with four misses) and at yesterdays 15km cross country skiing.

Hopefully Svendsen will take the gold in men's pursuit today. He got silver in the sprint.

Great to see Canada have gotten a second Gold after being embarrassed the last 2 times they hosted the Olympics.

Enjoying the hockey at the moment. Hopefully Canada can out do USA would enjoy that.

And I'm even more eager that Britain comes away with something from the curling since everyone else seems to be doing quite crap at the moment!

Edited by Ellmeister