NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

What does UT mean and why is it important to some people ?

It means untrained. People tend to want it so they know they can EV train without any problems

I went to the Bristol event today, left disappointed. My US copy of the game couldn't see the mystery gift, so it was impossible to download a Celebi.

For a game which prides itself on being able to trade and battle with people all over the world, it seems very pathetic I couldn't even download from a machine about 2 metres away from me. :(

I went to the Bristol event today, left disappointed. My US copy of the game couldn't see the mystery gift, so it was impossible to download a Celebi.

For a game which prides itself on being able to trade and battle with people all over the world, it seems very pathetic I couldn't even download from a machine about 2 metres away from me. :(

Well that really shouldn't have happened. The gifts are typically language locked, not region locked

I tried a couple of times in different places in the shop, I got absolutely no signal where ever I stood. The Nintendo representative there seemed to think the problem was with having an imported copy.

Have people had any trouble in past events when using imported copies?

That's odd. I have Platinum, Diamond and my bro Pearl. All 3 are US. I have Soul Silver PAL and got a Celebii for each of them. One's mine, one's my bro's and 2 spare. Up for grabs if you want, but be aware I have no idea how the online trading works as I've never used it.

That's odd. I have Platinum, Diamond and my bro Pearl. All 3 are US. I have Soul Silver PAL and got a Celebii for each of them. One's mine, one's my bro's and 2 spare. Up for grabs if you want, but be aware I have no idea how the online trading works as I've never used it.

How was Pokemon Black and White I wanted to go to Liverpool to get a Celebi but I couldent please can I have one?

I'm off to Liverpool tomorrow with a friend to get me a Celebi - or 2. :laughing:

The event is on tomorrow too isn't it?

I'm off to Liverpool tomorrow with a friend to get me a Celebi - or 2. :laughing:

Same, I hope I'll be able to download it to my Soul Silver cartridge, it's a US version. Good thing I have a PAL Heart Gold if it fails.

Liberty Pass: So, apparently this is going to be active from day 1? HMV makes it sound like you need to actually pre-order it to get Victini though, any clarification on this?

Edited by Debug Mode

How was Pokemon Black and White I wanted to go to Liverpool to get a Celebi but I couldent please can I have one?

You should have given me your cartridge and I would have downloaded you a Celebi while I was in London earlier downloading Celebis to all my 4th Gen cartridges.

Didn't bother playing the Demo of Black/White-It's not long now till the Europe release and I can wait.

It's why I never import, keep it simple, PAL game + event in this contry = it works lol

My boyfriend had bought Sapphire on holiday years ago and for the GBA events he was told no because of 'bad eggs' and 'game wipe'.

:( he just drove over to my house and took my baby's away from me to get Celebi :'( if he looses them or anything I will castrate him :hug:

It's why I never import, keep it simple, PAL game + event in this contry = it works lol

My boyfriend had bought Sapphire on holiday years ago and for the GBA events he was told no because of 'bad eggs' and 'game wipe'.

:( he just drove over to my house and took my baby's away from me to get Celebi :'( if he looses them or anything I will castrate him :hug:

But TWO WEEKS was too long to wait D'=

Since the 3rd Gen I've sent my PAL Pokemon carts to USA for events and also used American Pokemon carts to download events in the UK. I've never had a problem, apart from when I tired to get the Munchlax track downloaded on a PAL cartridge of Pokemon Dash at an American event.

I had a problem with Soul Silver & Arceus last year, but I knew they were definitely going to refuse connections from US copies of HG&SS seeing as they weren't out in Europe at the time of the event.

Was awesome having a group ask me questions rather than the reps.

I tried a couple of times in different places in the shop, I got absolutely no signal where ever I stood. The Nintendo representative there seemed to think the problem was with having an imported copy.

Have people had any trouble in past events when using imported copies?

Worked fine on my US Diamond.

Same, I hope I'll be able to download it to my Soul Silver cartridge, it's a US version. Good thing I have a PAL Heart Gold if it fails.

Liberty Pass: So, apparently this is going to be active from day 1? HMV makes it sound like you need to actually pre-order it to get Victini though, any clarification on this?

It's a wifi event and some stores will be distributing it locally so it might depend on how long they are distributing it. The wifi event last until 22nd April though. You don't need to preorder the game to access it.

I had a problem with Soul Silver & Arceus last year, but I knew they were definitely going to refuse connections from US copies of HG&SS seeing as they weren't out in Europe at the time of the event.

Was awesome having a group ask me questions rather than the reps.

It was a DDPt only event, nothing to do with it being a US copy. The events can be programmed to only be accepted by certain games.

Edited by Ike

There is going to be a difference in events between BW in US and UK from now on. I'm unsure if US BW will be unable to get UK events, but the WiFi system is different, they're running off of different servers which is why we're getting the Liberty Pass for two weeks longer than America

Hmm sounds like it wasn't my US Diamond that was the problem then, but my DS Lite's wireless. that's ashame. All US copies of Diamond would be identical right?

If it's definitely the case that the US Diamond cart should work, I might pop in tomorrow with my old original DS.

And i wonder who this friend is! <cough> <cough> ;)

My US Platinum worked fine so it can't have been the fact that it's imported. Got three Celebi's now, may have to try and trade two for some of the legendaries that I've missed.

Shaymin, Arceus and Darkrai have all been available at some point right? Is it at all likely that they'll be available again in the near future?

If anyone has a spare Celebi (unlikely) and is willing to trade one (unlikelier still) for one of the 'Trio of Johto' (mega unlikely) then let me know...

... I'm not expecting any actual response, just putting it out there. :heh:

My US Platinum worked fine so it can't have been the fact that it's imported. Got three Celebi's now, may have to try and trade two for some of the legendaries that I've missed.

Shaymin, Arceus and Darkrai have all been available at some point right? Is it at all likely that they'll be available again in the near future?

Yes they have, but no it's not.