Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

just found this on the mirror's website:

Hours ahead of Apple’s top secret product launch of what’s believed to be its revolutionary tablet computer, a publishing boss in America has spilled the beans about the product.

In an interview on American business network CNBC, the chairman of publishing giant McGraw-Hill has let slip a handful of previously unknown facts about the computer, which he refers to as the ‘tablet’ and the ‘tabloid’.

“We have worked with Apple for quite a while - the tablet is going to be based on the iPhone operating system, and so it will be transferable,†said Terry McGraw.

“So what you're going to be able to do now... we have a consortium of ebooks - we have 95% of all our materials that are in ebook format on that one - so with the tabloid you're going to open up the higher education market, the professional market. The tabloid, the tablet is going to be just really terrific.â€

This leak won’t impress Apple head honcho Steve Jobs who, not only likes to keep his company’s secrets secret, but also has a fiery temper.

Maybe those ebooks won’t be making their way onto the new Apple device after all.

apple-tablet-mock-up-628775868.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/01/27/apple-itablet-details-leaked-by-publishing-boss-on-us-tv-video-115875-21998783/

I'm not sure what to make of it really. I didn't get an iphone because I fancied something different my phone offered enough other stuff to make it seem worth it. However I've been thinking about getting an ereader for a while. I have an ereader app on my phone and it works well enough and despite the screen being bigger than the iphone it is still a tad small. Also have my netbook for my computing needs and it serves me well. I dunno I'll wait and see if it offers enough to tempt me into buying.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooookay, I hope something more is coming... but I guess it's not?

How is this positioned in between an iPhone and a laptop?

It's got the functionality of an iPhone (minus the phone) and is the size of a laptop...

It's not in between, it's a retarded child.

I'll keep watching though.

Well... that's fine if it's what you wanted.

I can imagine it suiting a lot of people...

I just wanted something that had more open support for "real" programs.

I wanted it to replace the laptop, or at least come close to not needing one.

This is just... my iPhone but bigger - and without a phone.

I know it would be great for reading newspapers, having a large screen for books, etc.

But I'm not looking for that...

I'd be impressed if they'd actually done anything impressive. So far it's been pretty much the bare minimum expectation, especially given both the OS and the hardware use the same tired old iPhone design.

There were glimmers of better tablets at CES (although none were as far developed as Apple's).

Caris, it probably doesn't have flash. A couple of the sites report seeing the 'flash missing' icon when Jobs was browsing through the web.

Why the hell did they show the normal iPhone Facebook app small screen and double sized?! Looks weird like that and surely with a device with a proper screen area, you'd just go to the normal facebook site?

Gameloft game looks alright given that they had two weeks. Still do NOT like dual analog touch screen controls though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!