NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

Darksiders

Made this one a compulsive buy yesterday, but haven't had the time to boot it up due to a sick girlfriend (which means I have to do the coocking and the dishes and the caring) and GoW Collection arriving surprisingly early. Going to give it a try this weekend, even if we're going to have a 'guest' - a cat who we are going to look after for a while. Hey, it was moving in with us or a final trip to the vet. Yes, we are do-goodies. ;) Now where are the beasts that need slaughtering?

Edited by Strange Cookie

(which means I have to do the coocking and the dishes and the caring)
Even though your name is Cookie, you spelt Cooking wrong. TEH MIND. IT BOGGLES.

Anyway, enjoy the game :3 I'm having a lot of fun with it, although I don't really think it's anything like Zelda at all, with the exception of a few obvious aesthetic comparisons such as Z-Targeting and Heart Pieces.

How far are you into it? Because at first I didn't think it was like Zelda, but then as I got further in it just became well too obvious that Zelda was its inspiration.

Even though your name is Cookie, you spelt Cooking wrong. TEH MIND. IT BOGGLES.

Anyway, enjoy the game :3 I'm having a lot of fun with it, although I don't really think it's anything like Zelda at all, with the exception of a few obvious aesthetic comparisons such as Z-Targeting and Heart Pieces.

thats where your wrong he was actually trying to spell cocking!

I gave it some time between GoWIII and Bayonetta (Wow, it are violent times indeed...), and it's pretty good! The beginning is pretty generic (dare I say boring), but it gets a lot better along the way. The infuences are pretty obvious, though: GoW, Zelda...

It's not earthshattering and definitely no GotY-material, but it's not bad in any way. Just no revolution, but sometimes, familiar is good.

Oh, and it's got Mark Hammil in it. Genius, if very similar to his Joker-interpretation, which means awesome. Sorry, Ledger, that's a second place for you.

Just completed this. Loved it and loved the ending.

Three more trophies to get for the Platinum.

Really want to pick this up but just can't afford it at the moment, what with ME2, Bioshock 2 and a strange attraction to Dante's Inferno to finance.

I've both played the demo of dantes and watched it eurogamer expo and cannot see why anyone would want to buy it other this which looks awesome.

Looks like I may need to redirect my intended DI funds for this instead. I did actually enjoy the DI demo and if Vigil Games had been able/found the time to get a demo together for this I may have considered it sooner.

I should probably wait until I finally complete The Last Remnant (f'ing 6 bases :nono:) before stocking up on too many new games, barring ME2, of course.

The thing is about Darksiders is that it's pretty much Zelda, but with a way cooler story. And a WAY cooler horse.

You have a:

Boomerang

Hook Shot

Bomb Plants

Lifestones (Heart Pieces)

Dungeons with maps/compasses

A Horse

A fight with a Shadow version of yourself

Targeting system which goes into widescreen

Mark Hamill as your Navi/Fairy

In light of Zelda being so uninspired now, Darksiders is pretty damn wonderful.

Edited by Daft

Just bought this on eBay, I'm totally digging that Zelda vibe.

Well, it was between this and Disney's Up.

This was patched on the 360 yesterday and now looks much better, screen tearing is gone.

I'm currently playing this and I just had to come on N-E to assert that I was wrong before: apocalyptic is hard. But stupidly so. This spider sub-boss can kill me by jumping up and down and shaking the floor. Kill me, War, one of the four horseman of the apocalypse. That little tremor wouldn't even kill the irl me! I understand scaled damage from swords etc but spider-wobbles? That's just silly.

After the first boss I never thought it was too difficult, not that I didn't die. It's not too hard to avoid that attack although the camera gets a bit awkward when trying to hookshot the things.

Is there a New Game+? Can you start your game with the same health and levelled up weapons etc.

Just had a quite interesting glitch :hehe: During that fight where you grab a Small Key... sorry, Beholder's Key and then the floor starts to fall away, I went red-demon-dude and then fell off the edge. I didn't die from the fall, so I was just wandering around on clouds with nothing to do. So obviously, I loaded my most recent autosave, and it took me forward in the game! It took me to after that fight :heh: I feel like I've been cheated out of a bit of the game...

There isn't a New Game+ as such. You can only chose to wear the Abyssian Armour once you collect all pieces.

Another one joins the Darksiders club. Seeing as the screen tearing issue got patched I caved in and picked this up not this morning (along with ME2) so I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Now I've just got to make time to play it.

EDIT - Managed to give this a couple of hours last night and it's certainly looking like it's going to be an enjoyable experience.

Edited by ThePigMarcher

I've just started God of War, and this game steals loads from that too :D it's like a crossover of God of War and Zelda. Can't complain too much though, cos it's great fun.

Sign in to follow this