N-Europe

Sonic Classic Collection

Dante

Aussie-nintendo.com -

The DS set to receive a Sonic Mega Collection style package? Can I end something else with a question mark? Perhaps. The Australian Classification Board has a new listing for such a mysterious thing.

sonicclassiccollectionrating.png

BBFC -

n/a SONIC CLASSIC COLLECTION

n/a SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (GAME)

n/a SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 (GAME)

n/a SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 3 (GAME)

n/a SONIC & KNUCKLES (GAME)

n/a KNUCKLES IN SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 (GAME)

n/a KNUCKLES IN SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 3 (GAME)

00:00:45:00 SONIC CHRONICLES - THE DARK BROTHERHOOD (VIDEO)

00:03:05:00 THE HISTORY OF SONIC (VIDEO)

n/a SONIC ART (IMAGE GALLERY)

00:05:15:00 SONIC CLASSIC COLLECTION CREDITS

n/a GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I honestly have no idea what makes Sonic CD so popular amongst some fans.

I guess maybe it's the fact it has more depth and replayability with the whole good future/bad future thing. For me though that means nothing and the game is full of flaws. Poor, messy level design, an unfitting soundtrack (I've only heard the Japanese/European one mind you) and above all...the worst jump sound effect from any game ever.

sonic cd was very good though. It had the best boss battles and the music in the american one was class. The graphics were colourful and despite what most people say are a gap over what the megadrive offered.

It was a little crazy at times. The first zone was rubbish but got better throughout.

Final boss battle is epic.. It's not overrated how could it possibly be overrated MOST people haven't heard of it!?

Sonic CD is a bit overrated. If you included the Mega Drive, Advance and Rush games then it's still probably the worst 2D Sonic.

and yes it's better than rush and the advance games. those just lost the point completely.

Guest Captain Falcon
Sonic Advance 1 was brilliant. The rest did indeed lose the plot. And the GBA Sonic The Hedgehog port was awful. The screen was too small on the system for a start.

Some portable DS Sonic should be good. As long as touch screen control is used sparingly!

Touch screen usage outside of menu's should nil. The only exception I would allow for is if you could touch the screen and it would result in Tails moving to that spot (like how you can move your partner in Castlevania: PoR). Useless during regular play for the most part I'm sure, but in Sonic 2 when those spider capture you, it would allow you to break free from that and it also may prove handy during boss fights.

Now what would be awesome (and as such is as never going to happen) is some kind of linkup where by two players could play through the single player game as Sonic and Tails on each machine. It might be tricky to stay together all the time, but a handy on screen marker showing in which direction your team mate is could make it easier. Even better could be some kind of trail left by your partner so you could see which way they went. It could employ some blurring shadow/ghosting type effect to keep with speed theme rather than something really basic.

No doubt we'll never see such a brilliant idea (well I think it's good anyway) in a Sonic game and I've turned my post into something more along the lines of "what I'd like to see in the next Sonic game" ..

Amazon.de has 5th March down as the release date. Seems like a long time for just a simple compilation.

I hope they're not remakes or anything, the original games look perfect.

Would be nice if they fixed certain glitches though.

sonic 2's excellent multiplayer is ridden with them.

also sonic 3's legendary drum part needs a fixing.

Box art (low res):

Box-Art.jpg

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (XX November, 2009) — SEGA Europe Ltd and SEGA of America, Inc. today announced that, for the first time ever, the original games from legendary gaming icon, Sonic The Hedgehog™ will be coming to the Nintendo DS™ system early 2010. Sonic Classic Collection™ gathers together the first four Sonic The Hedgehog adventures – Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles – introducing some of the most influential Sonic titles to a whole new generation of gamers exclusively for the DS.

Sonic Classic Collection allows fans both old and new to speed through the much loved zones of the four original Mega Drive adventures, in a bid to collect the chaos emeralds and save the world. Optimised to take full advantage of the Nintendo DS system, Sonic Classic Collection will feature a new save anywhere feature, a first in this original series, meaning that the games can be enjoyed anywhere, anytime! Gamers will also be given the chance to expand their knowledge with a wealth of extras including video and collectable pictures that are sure to be fan favourites.

“The phenomenal successes of the original Sonic games are the pillar of today’s Sonic brand recognition” commented Gary Knight, European Marketing Director SEGA Europe. “Sonic Classic Collection for DS will allow a new audience to enjoy a timeless collection of games, whilst older Sonic fans can revel in the nostalgia of playing their favourite Sonic titles. It’s a perfect amalgamation of heritage and new generation entertainment”

Sonic Classic Collection for the Nintendo DS™ system will hit stores in March 2010.

Save anytime feature can be easily abused I find, like trying to get the Chaos Emeralds, if you fail the special stage you can just reload.

Also: Huh?:

Screen-1.jpg

go on...

I wonder if MJ will be doing any remixes. Oh...wait... :sad:

See its hard to explain using this video but what you had to do was hold the direction button in the direction the barrel was moving...

and while it sounds easy and IS easy it came out of nowhere.. it really wasnt that easy to figure out back in the day and a lot of people got stuck there. I can see the ds version changing something there or adding arrows or shit.

Ah of course! I remember getting stuck there once and not remembering how the hell to do it...

Now MJ has gone do you think he will get a mention in the credits? Or do you think it's an urban myth. Some guy who remixed MJ's tracks reckons he has the original Sonic 3 soundtrack that MJ wrote.

Just a coincidence this is being released now? Surely SEGA wouldn't cash in on MJ's sad passing.

Making%20of%20Sonic%203.jpg

Edited by tapedeck

Box art (low res):

Box-Art.jpg

Save anytime feature can be easily abused I find, like trying to get the Chaos Emeralds, if you fail the special stage you can just reload.

Also: Huh?:

Screen-1.jpg

URGH sounds lame just the 4 games...

See its hard to explain using this video but what you had to do was hold the direction button in the direction the barrel was moving...

and while it sounds easy and IS easy it came out of nowhere.. it really wasnt that easy to figure out back in the day and a lot of people got stuck there. I can see the ds version changing something there or adding arrows or shit.

Yeah I got stuck there as a kid to was so confusing...

Ah of course! I remember getting stuck there once and not remembering how the hell to do it...

Now MJ has gone do you think he will get a mention in the credits? Or do you think it's an urban myth. Some guy who remixed MJ's tracks reckons he has the original Sonic 3 soundtrack that MJ wrote.

Just a coincidence this is being released now? Surely SEGA wouldn't cash in on MJ's sad passing.

Making%20of%20Sonic%203.jpg

It's not an urban myth it is fact some ex-Sega Producer admitted it was true.

URGH sounds lame just the 4 games...

Yeah I got stuck there as a kid to was so confusing...

It's not an urban myth it is fact some ex-Sega Producer admitted it was true.

In Fairness though It's 4 games but it looks like they have to improve certain things about the games. The 2 player in sonic 2 can't work the same and the 2 player in 3 cant idea so certain improvements will likely be made...

These games were never brought to handheld before(except sonic 1 on gba and....let's not talk about that)