NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Pyoro is giving hints about what will be showing up at the Partner Direct. 

Spoiler

Ahh, finally, a real leaker :D

Guess we’ll be seeing Project Bloom here then? (Game Freak’s game they’re making with Private Division)…

… or maybe a port of that remake of Pocket Card Jockey that recently got released for Apple Arcade? I’d be well chuffed with that :D

Edited by Dcubed

22 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Some of the Xenoblade games were for a while.

I can't see a budget range appearing. Things like Greatest Hits/Platinum/Players Choice ranges don't seem to be a thing anymore. Just as well because those boxes were always hideous. :D

Lol I half agree, I actually loved the silver boxes of Players Choice at the time, but silver was cool to teens in the early 00's right? :laughing: My silver game on my silver CRT DVD combi using my silver GameCube controller, it's the future! As for the Wii, that range did and still does look horrific. 

The Switch is still doing well so maybe they won't happen this generation. I know with the GameCube they were fighting to stay ahead of Xbox and with the Wii they lost a lot of momentum after the first two years, as well as having software droughts, none of that applies to the Switch right now. 

@Cube I didn't consider that but with the amount of DLC for Smash and Mario Kart that's definitely an interesting option. I'm not sure they'd do Mario Kart right away as they seem to be getting a lot out of the Booster Course Pass by having it as an extra for NSO Expansion, as well as a few physical download code bundles, but I could definitely see a Smash Bros Ultimate Ultimate working, especially now all the DLC and amiibo are officially finished. 

3 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Ahh, finally, a real leaker :D

Guess we’ll be seeing Project Bloom here then? (Game Freak’s game they’re making with Private Division)…

… or maybe a port of that remake of Pocket Card Jockey that recently got released for Apple Arcade? I’d be well chuffed with that :D

Spoiler

Given that he is liking Tweets that mention Pocket Card Jockey, it looks like that could be on the cards...no pun intended.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

I'm not sure they'd do Mario Kart right away as they seem to be getting a lot out of the Booster Course Pass by having it as an extra for NSO Expansion

Actually, there is a physical version of that.

But it only goes to Wave 5 for stupid reasons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Actually, there is a physical version of that.

But it only goes to Wave 5 for stupid reasons.

That's crazy, I heard of the physical with the download code but didn't know there was already a semi complete one! I know they did similar with Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, only having part 1 of the dlc built in. Talk about jumping the gun 

At the start of the month, before this talk of a partner direct (say it ain't so) and Switch 2 in 2025 (why do Nintendo hate us), I quickly brainstormed what could come to pass in this year's Feb Direct for a potential hopes and predictions thread.*

nintendolphins is on the list.

I also surmised from my unimaginative ideas for Switch in 2024, that it can be a jampacked year if they want so successor in 2025—or later—stands to reason... from my point of view and reading of the situation anyway. Nintendo: "Please continue to enjoy buying additional Nintendo Switch Family of Systems for your relatives."

* Less than a mere three weeks ago I thought it would make for some fun chat. Now I'm fed up with the sight of speculation and self-styled Internet experts' "insight" and demands. Urgh.

49 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

nintendolphins is on the list.

A game where you collect GameCubes?

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

A game where you collect GameCubes?

Think Nintendogs but from our partners previously responsible for Seaman. 

That's before you get to all the run-of-the-mill possibilities like still-to-be-ported GameCube games. 

BTW, just clocked onto this, but today's Pokemon Legends ZA announcement basically confirms that the rumours of Switch 2 being pushed back to 2025 are almost certainly true now...

... we may well be looking at our first launch-day cross-gen title if Switch 2 is indeed coming out in March 2025.  Pokemon Of The Wild is probably a decent replacement for BOTW in this case.

Begs the question of what they're gonna do to fill that big Xmas shaped hole that they were originally gonna slot Switch 2 into... Time to release the remaining Wii U ports out of the Nintendo Vault?

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Nintendo sued the creators of the Yuzu Switch emulator and won via settlement.

Yuzu will pay $2.4 million in damages to Nintendo and shut down all operations involving the emulator.

Hell of a victory for Nintendo here.  I’m surprised that the emulator developers folded so easily, but I suppose once it was discovered that they were pirating ROMs and confidential Nintendo code/keys openly on their official discord server; they quickly realised that they were fucked.

Edited by Dcubed

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Oh, right forgot that was a thing (and that it’s March already). Was wondering if they were just going to randomly drop dates for those 2.

After the Peach game releases, there’s currently nothing we know about 1st party games wise for the rest of this year, is there?

24 minutes ago, Ike said:

After the Peach game releases, there’s currently nothing we know about 1st party games wise for the rest of this year, is there?

Is Endless Ocean classed as 1st party? Even still, its looking barren for the second half of the year. Saying that, given Nintendo's short release from reveal window, all it takes one Direct to change that.

I do wonder if they will actually have a big Winter game this year. Maybe Prime 4 and then launch a upgraded version of it on the next console? It could be that we finally see TP/WW HD and the Fire Emblem remake fill in the end of the year.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Is Endless Ocean classed as 1st party? Even still, its looking barren for the second half of the year. Saying that, given Nintendo's short release from reveal window, all it takes one Direct to change that.

I do wonder if they will actually have a big Winter game this year. Maybe Prime 4 and then launch a upgraded version of it on the next console? It could be that we finally see TP/WW HD and the Fire Emblem remake fill in the end of the year.

It's being published by Nintendo themselves, just like the two games on Wii, so yes.  It's a first party release.

Edited by Dcubed

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Nintendo sued the creators of the Yuzu Switch emulator and won via settlement.

Yuzu will pay $2.4 million in damages to Nintendo and shut down all operations involving the emulator.

Hell of a victory for Nintendo here.  I’m surprised that the emulator developers folded so easily, but I suppose once it was discovered that they were pirating ROMs and confidential Nintendo code/keys openly on their official discord server; they quickly realised that they were fucked.

I tend to stick to news on actual games, as I'm not that into the industry/business side of things these days, but this felt too big to pass up.

I've tried my best to sum it up with quotes from both parties:

https://www.n-europe.com/news/yuzu-emulator-discontinued/

EDIT: Though I imagine this story will be overshadowed by the huge new Switch release today.

Edited by Josh64
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Josh64 said:

I tend to stick to news on actual games, as I'm not that into the industry/business side of things these days, but this felt too big to pass up.

I've tried my best to sum it up with quotes from both parties:

https://www.n-europe.com/news/yuzu-emulator-discontinued/

Party A: We want to profit off our platform for playing the latest Nintendo Switch games.
Party B: We want to profit off our platform for playing the latest Nintendo Switch games.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort | Page 347 | TowersStreet Talk

2 hours ago, Josh64 said:

EDIT: Though I imagine this story will be overshadowed by the huge new Switch release today.

Which is?? I hadn't factored in for another big one this Tuesday too. :( 

19 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What is known is Peach Showtime, Endless Ocean, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario TTYD, Pokémon Legends: Z-A and Prime 4. Far as I remember, this time last year there was nothing on the slate post-TotK so I'm sure the back half of the year will take care of itself once again. Maybe Prime 4 for Christmas and with a smaller game or two in Oct/Nov and another in Jan. Maybe a Kirby. Maybe a Yoshi. Maybe give Mario 35 another run on NSO. Maybe Prime Blast Ball. Maybe got Rare checking over a DK game. As for Fire Emblem, at this rate, they'll be porting the 3DS games while mining that library for anything else to shore up the calendar with.

Aside from Peach Showtime which I'm curious about as it's something new, I don't know what Nintendo themselves could wheel out that'll have me there on release day. At least there's still two or three of their games I wouldn't mind circling back for if there's a dry period.

Edited by darksnowman
double post avoidance

23 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Aside from Peach Showtime which I'm curious about as it's something new, I don't know what Nintendo themselves could wheel out that'll have me there on release day. At least there's still two or three of their games I wouldn't mind circling back for if there's a dry period.

I'll probably pick up Peach Showtime. Not sure if it will be that lengthy though. Going by the previews, the game looks to be VERY easy. 

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'll probably pick up Peach Showtime. Not sure if it will be that lengthy though. Going by the previews, the game looks to be VERY easy. 

Maybe best give it a weekend then to see how you get on with it. :D 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Which is?? I hadn't factored in for another big one this Tuesday too. :( 

Plumbers don't wear ties :heh:

• Haha 1