Dyson

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta feeling this is gonna be a good season

premier-league-badge.gif

Happenstance FC 3-0 MadDog United

Happenstance became the first promoted side to win a game and moved out of the relegation zone at the expense of fellow promotees MadDog. Happenstance were a side inspired and played with a great sense of team work. Alejo and Curtis scored from a free kick and a penalty early on as Happenstance won on every area of the pitch. United's 4-5-1 formation proved ineffectual as Happenstance's midfield were on fine form. Curtis headed in a second to make it 3-0, while Uniteds day got worse as youth Sedgewick on his first game made two rash tackles and was sent off. Happenstance were deserved winners and need to now keep momentum up, as for MadDog United they are in a must win game against Tin Can Club next.

Roostophe Rovers 1-1 Tin Can Club

This was a tale of two keepers as Rovers youth keeper Tsuzuki had a real mare of a game against a weakened Tin Can Club attack. While Tin Can's goalie Runarsson had a splendid game and was a huge credit to the game being a draw. Tin Can Club went ahead to the amazement of their fans as Unnarsson converted a spot kick given to them after the Rovers goalie upended a striker. Tin Can Clubs defense was supreme but all of Rovers pressure eventually paid off in the 2nd half when the captain Hapgood blasted home the ball from close range after some sustained attacking play. Moments later Rovers attacked again and Little a young striker for Rovers was pushed in the box, he stepped up to take the penalty and smashed it over the bar. He held his head in his hands as his older team mates gathered round him to comfort him. Tin Can Club made sure Rovers paid for this mistake and earned a fabulous draw, as for Rovers their season has yet to hit full stride and youth players are not making the best impression.

The Sixty Fourthers 2-3 Essex Elites

Elites seem to be the team that comes up with shocks just when they are needed. These two teams went back and forth with 64s scoring first via a graceful Tigris header. Gledhill proved his worth again as a new player as he thumped home an equalizer from outside the box. Hooke the Elites captain had a stunning game and set up their 2nd goal turning one player, weaving down the wing and curling in a ball for Carpenter to head home. 64's did have more chances though and made it 2-2 soon after as Yaketi flicked one in from a corner. The 2nd half was tight as both teams badly wanted a victory. It was the Elites though who had never beaten the 64s before today who stepped up and grabbed the points. Hooke floated forward a 30 yard pass over the 64s defense that Canham chested down in the box and hit in. The Elites are a team that noone can quite figure out bad results one week, incredible feats the next, truly the wildcards of the league. The 64s lost the championship last season because of results like this they need to finish games off when they get a lead.

Secret United 0-0 Haden United

Two teams that have come out the traps sprinting have been these two. Rather than a classic they both showed that they want the championship so much they are unwilling to risk anything at this point. Both teams played 4-4-2 and seemed to know each others moves off by heart. The result will probably be regarded as a triumph for Haden United as they were away. However it is the case of winning a battle rather than a war. Watch the return match these two have when the stakes will be much higher.

Analysis

Most Important Result: The 64s 2-3 Essex Elites, The Elites seem to turn up every time in this part of the awards, a great victory for them.

Turned on the Style Award: Happenstance FC, they needed to show some flair and they did can they build on this now?

Player of the Day: Tin Can Club, Birkir Runarsson, his heroics along with his defenses wonderful effort gained his team a incredible point.

Things are looking better now. A win and a draw against teams that were both in the relegation zone at the time. And now only the second worst player ^^' Maybe I will reach a career high of 7 one time :P

Does no one want to play the betting game or does no one know about it?

Riccardo Calacone would be a good sale. Or ... you have three 21-22 yr old defenders?

I'm assuming that you've tried to sell your 33/35 yr olds and they won't go.

I like to stagger ages and skills and have golden generations ready for the future. The player that is actually annoying me is the piece of garbage Harrington he was a 5 23 year old when he joined me! A 5!!! Hes progressed 2 bars in 10 years I've no idea how hes escaped my wrath all these years.

Ooooooh, a staggered generation system. I like a rolling system where as the older player falls off (sold/retires) a new 16/17/18 yr old comes in. I try to have 2/3 years between players - but with a new team it takes a while to get to that stage. At the mo I'm developing an excess of youth so I can sell some and buy highly skilled older players. Like ... next season I'll sell my two eldest forwards and Oliver to buy a big dude and an 18 4. Midfield may change too. Reserve keeper will get sold if he goes up a visible skill bar.

I'm a selling machine.

Edited by Mr_Odwin

Mcoy has returned from his break.

Mcot sat in his car and recieved a text message from Dud stating he had lost 3 - 0. Bollock Mcoy stated, Mcoy checked his match and actually sees his tactics were good but his players were underplaying so Mcoy is not too dissapointed, Mcoy may have just been a tad unlucky.

Mcoy thinks his goalkeeper is what is causing the problem as he only got 3 star performace!

Edited by Brian Mcoy