N-Europe

Demon's Souls

Pit-Jr

Yeah sounds good.

I'd add soul ray to that, it's great if they try to pussy away.

I made the North Regalia btw, just can't seem to finish Doran off though because he heals a lot. You could possibly help me out on that front.

Edited by dwarf

• 1 month later...
So just ordered the Black Phantom Edition European version.

12510143%20Contents.jpg

Still not sure I'm going to like this. The difficulty sounds...yeah.

It really isn't, it just throws you in the deep end without much explanation. Once you get over that stage, it's just a fairly hard RPG.

Some bosses can be bastards, but then again they all have AI flaws that can be exploited for lilt.

My D'sS has arrived today. Took it for a spin to see if i still remembered how to play it. I did. But the game also remembered how to give me a run for my souls. Aaaah... "congratulations, you died a stoopid death!"

Bye bye, life...

So just killed the first boss. Only died once in that tutorial bit.

I picked the Temple Knight...not sure if that was a good idea or not.

I LOVE the almost passive online; the messages left on the floor, the other souls running about. Really adds to the story's atmosphere. The threat of death is kind of stressful. :p I'm playing quite cautiously.

So just killed the first boss. Only died once in that tutorial bit.

I picked the Temple Knight...not sure if that was a good idea or not.

I LOVE the almost passive online; the messages left on the floor, the other souls running about. Really adds to the story's atmosphere. The threat of death is kind of stressful. :p I'm playing quite cautiously.

The online experience is insanely good, it remains awesome throughout the whole thing. The game saves almost constantly so if you quit abruptly you'll likely not lose much if any data.

As for class picking, it really doesn't matter.

Hmm, I think I might pick this up again now the PAL release has come about; I sent my Asian copy off to a worthy home a few months back.

Does anyone have any idea what brick-and-mortar availability is like? ShopTo are all out, so I might have to give the highstreet a try instead.

Hmm, I think I might pick this up again now the PAL release has come about; I sent my Asian copy off to a worthy home a few months back.

Does anyone have any idea what brick-and-mortar availability is like? ShopTo are all out, so I might have to give the highstreet a try instead.

I did the same thing Sam, I kinda regretted not giving the game a chance. So decided to get the Black Phantom Edition last week.

As for availability, they were out of stock at my local GAME on Saturday. I think stores under-estimated the demand for it, its debuted in the UK charts at number five..........just above Just Dance!

I actually made it to the penultimate boss in the Asian version, but then something happened that made me stop playing... possibly something save related, I can't quite remember.

As an aside, I know someone who's just bought the Euro release so they can make it their third Demon's Souls Platinum. You might say they like the game.

I've been meaning to get the trophies but when I tried a couple of weeks back I realised that I'd have to play through another 2 times to get certain souls for the All-miracles and the All-spells gold trophies. I think I may just come back to it at a later date. I'm working my way towards the rings trophy quite nicely though.

I'm going to have to get someone to do the 'best weapon of' trophies for me through online lending because they're ridiculous and crystal lizards are cock-ends.

It just saves when you return to the title screen I think.

It actually saves most of the time. :p

You can get around it (there's sometimes a short delay before it saves), but generally doing most things saves the game. Entering/exiting dungeons, or connecting to other players is a good example.

But yeah, if you select quit game it will always save your position and everything else (unless you're in a boss in which case it starts you just outside the boss area).

This game is possibly my favourite on the PS3. It's awesome. The online (PvP, messages, bloodstains), the gameplay, the lack of the gaming nanny culture with easy retries and a resilient main characters (who somehow take 20 times as many hits as your regular enemies).

Gah! I'm on that bridge after the Phalanx boss and I got to the end but those archers and the blue knight slaughtered me twice (the second time I forgot I was still in soul form and forgot to pick up my body :indeed: ). I don't want to back up too much and get roasted by the flame. There's such little space to manoeuvre....gah!!

Gah! I'm on that bridge after the Phalanx boss and I got to the end but those archers and the blue knight slaughtered me twice (the second time I forgot I was still in soul form and forgot to pick up my body :indeed: ). I don't want to back up too much and get roasted by the flame. There's such little space to manoeuvre....gah!!

You don't get your body back if you go to your soul, you just reclaim the souls that you've temporarily lost. Also, if you die again, you lose those souls forever. Btw there's 2 blue knights there. If you have magic you could use the horse cart as cover and keep popping in and out of it, picking them off as you do.

Ah right! Just levelled up so didn't have that many souls anyway, thank goodness. I have no magic. I'm a Temple Knight with a lance type thing. I could deal with the two knights normally it's just the added archers.

The knight parried me and insta-killed me. That hurt.

That happens, a lot. Not so much the parrying, just the instant kill. :P You get your soul back if you kill a boss, but when in body form you're susceptible to an invading player in any place bar the nexus and boss battles. If you find a rapier you could use that and your shield against the archers, as you can attack with it whilst your shield is raised, so you won't take damage at all.

You get your body back when you kill a boss. I guess that's what dwarf wanted to say.

That happens, a lot. Not so much the parrying, just the instant kill. :P You get your soul back if you kill a boss, but when in body form you're susceptible to an invading player in any place bar the nexus and boss battles. If you find a rapier you could use that and your shield against the archers, as you can attack with it whilst your shield is raised, so you won't take damage at all.

That's what I did say to be very frankly honest.

If you have any questions you can ask me, but if you read the thread I pretty much was as lost as you. I'd recommend giving it all a check.