NEurope

I know that, woman! It's the Freak of Arabs who gets 3 months worth for 33 quid. :heh:

Sorry I was agreeing with you.. bad quote on my part but i was too lazy to find his post :P

Run, run and run some more.

I was doing that, now I'm swim, swim and swimming some more. But it seems that I lose fat off my arms and other places that are already skinny and not where I want. I thought there might be a more localized work out, but I guess there isn't, I'll just keep swimming.

What insane world do you live in to get 3 months membership for £33... You'd be very lucky to get that over here for 1 month.. o_O

lol :P I can call YOU insane for charging that kind of money on a 1 month membership.

The weird thing is, my friends here keep COMPLAINING that paying 33 for a 3-month membership is TOO MUCH.

Yeah you can, when you exercise, extra blood pumps the area you are exercising and take more energy from that area. Loads of people have told me that including fitness instructors.

Daft is right I'm afraid, I've read countless times you can't burn fat from a specific place. It's different from body to body.

Yeah you can, when you exercise, extra blood pumps the area you are exercising and take more energy from that area. Loads of people have told me that including fitness instructors.

It's about body fat percentage. The last place men tend to have most excess fat is on their stomach, with women it's on their bums.

You can't localise fat loss.

Sorry, decided to do a bit of research instead of just going by what I remember hearing. You're absolutely right. Good on ya ;)

Get some new fitness instuctors.

I just meant because you said they told you it was possable to loose weight in specific areas.

I dunno the only fitness instructors ive ever had shout and scream and threaten to beast me. So yeah they do help lol.

I just meant because you said they told you it was possable to loose weight in specific areas.

I dunno the only fitness instructors ive ever had shout and scream and threaten to beast me. So yeah they do help lol.

No I never had one, I just heard them talking on TV and to other people at gyms.

Sorry I was agreeing with you.. bad quote on my part but i was too lazy to find his post :P

Ok, you're forgiven. ;)

Hehe.

lol :P I can call YOU insane for charging that kind of money on a 1 month membership.

The weird thing is, my friends here keep COMPLAINING that paying 33 for a 3-month membership is TOO MUCH.

It is pretty damn expensive, haha. It's all relative though, and I don't know all that much about the standard of living in Eygpt when compared to the UK. I doubt you would be complaining about paying that price if you lived here, though. :D

Ok, ladies and gentlemen, I'm in need of some advice, but it's possible that nobody knows the answer, or even if there is a correct one. My new gym has a pool and I went there for a little while after my weightlifting session. I wasn't trying to beat any world records, so it wasn't at a blistering pace and I was knackered after my workout.

My question is, is it a good idea to swim after weightlifting? I've been researching around the net to try and find a definitive answer, and opinion seems to be divided. Some suggest that swimming will be good for stretching those muscles, and others suggest that swimming will waste all the work you've just done in your workout. I think as long as you don't overdo it, then it's not doing any harm?

I probably woudnt do it every session. I personally try to limit my self to 2 CV sessions a week. But then im trying to put weight on. But if you are just trying to stay tonned i guess its not as much of an issue.

I probably woudnt do it every session. I personally try to limit my self to 2 CV sessions a week. But then im trying to put weight on. But if you are just trying to stay tonned i guess its not as much of an issue.

I am trying to get into shape, but also trying to bulk up (although not to Arnold Schwarzeneggar proportions). It's about keeping in good shape and fit, so I don't want to do what I've seen a fair few people do and lift heavy weights but have a huge gut to boot. I think you're right when you say to not do it all the time. I think maybe swimming two times a week would be enough?

The risk is that over-exercising means you end up burning off the protein you need to grow the muscle. I'd say you should probably seperate the workouts - do Cardio 2 days a week and weights the other 3, alternating.

Can't you just eat more to compensate for the extra energy burn?

Aye, that's one other piece of advice that I've seen, which makes good sense. Apart from the extra energy loss, would it be harmful to my workout in any way? I doubt it would be, but I like to make sure.

The risk is that over-exercising means you end up burning off the protein you need to grow the muscle. I'd say you should probably seperate the workouts - do Cardio 2 days a week and weights the other 3, alternating.

That's pretty much what I wanted to know. Wouldn't it depend on the intensity of the exercise though? So, if I was to have a light swim after a workout, would it still be quite harmful? The only reason I ask is down to time management, because the gym is a little further away than the one I used to go to, meaning I may not be able to get to it on certain days after work, and such.

Is there such a thing as exercising too often providing you're working out different areas each time?

I went the gym Saturday, Sunday, Monday and tonight. Last night I played football and I will do tomorrow but then it will be the gym again on Friday.

Saturday was chest and triceps, Sunday I did cardio, Monday was back and biceps and tonight was shoulders and stomach.

I want to go a another day and do some leg work too.

Given there is a good few days between each muscle area being worked, that should be ok right?

Cheers for the help, fellas. It was very much appreciated and very helpful. Thanks.

Is there such a thing as exercising too often providing you're working out different areas each time?

I went the gym Saturday, Sunday, Monday and tonight. Last night I played football and I will do tomorrow but then it will be the gym again on Friday.

Saturday was chest and triceps, Sunday I did cardio, Monday was back and biceps and tonight was shoulders and stomach.

I want to go a another day and do some leg work too.

Given there is a good few days between each muscle area being worked, that should be ok right?

I've done a little browsing on the interwebs for you to try and find you an informative answer:

http://www.ironmagazine.com/viewarticle-4000.html

"The best advice on how often to train with weights is to skip the day after lifting for a particular muscle group.

For example, if you lift for your upper body one day, you should not train it on the following day. But if you want to lift for your upper body one day and then the lower body the next day, that’s fine. So long as your muscle groups are getting about forty-eight hours of rest in between workouts, this will allow your body to build muscle."

The rest periods are important, as that's when your body starts to build eetself and makes you into a killing machine, FALCON KICK.

I think the Saturday, Sunday and Monday routines were fine. Did you go Tuesday? I don't think you did after re-reading your post, so I think you'd probably be fine with doing the shoulders on Wednesdays. I try to alternate very much like you do. The only thing I would say is that you should have a rest day in there somewhere, where you're not exercising. Also, it stops you from getting over-tired, as that's quite a lot of exercise you're doing there.

Well Wednesday will normally be my resting day since I'm busy most of the time.

Yesterday was football so I wasn't doing any kind of lifting - nor will I be tomorrow.

Well Wednesday will normally be my resting day since I'm busy most of the time.

Yesterday was football so I wasn't doing any kind of lifting - nor will I be tomorrow.

It's still 7 days of continuous exercise, mind. Even football can take a lot out of you. I think maybe cutting that cardio day on the Sunday wouldn't be such a bad idea? Since you're getting some great exercise through football anyway twice a week.

Your supposed to have two gap days a week (with minimal strenuous exercise) to help your muscles recover or they won't increase in mass at all. They'll just break.

My mother has osteoarthritis in her knee from the damage she did doing sometimes up to 3 spin cycle classes a day. She's crippled and can do very little exercise now..