NEurope

Just come back from the gym now. Making dinner. When that's done I'm just going to collapse. Add the cycling in and it's insane. I've done over two and a half hours of exercise today (and any day I go to the gym).

I really need to eat more. Currently I am stuffing my face (with healthy food) and I'm still losing weight. I'm going to start making pack lunches as well.

Nice going Daft!

The best part of gym going comes in the morning, when the muscles are all tight and you stretch it out <3

Fairly sure that I've made my body really unbalanced. These days when I do bench presses it's my triceps I feel it in, with virtually none in the pecs. Fear that I may have overworked the pecs in relation to the tri's, so blitzed my tri's today. Struggling to hold my arms out to the keyboard! Spent an hour in the morning, then an hour and a half in the afternoon at the gym today. Good workout!

I'm very fit and I've never been to the gym. My exercise currently consists of running every morning, doing crunches and sets of 50+ push ups at a time (my record is 72, but I am just being lazy by sticking to 50). I usually do 4 sets of 50 push ups every other day. I don't really do as much exercise as I'd like to do, but I am too busy with other things at the moment.

Fitness for me is all about speed, stamina and having enough strength to master my own body. Big, bulky muscle is inefficient, energy hungry and gets tired very quickly. It also makes you slow. Over building your body's frame can also wreck your body in later life.

I suppose that I would like slightly larger biceps, purely due to my tricep muscles being out of proportion these days.. I have long stayed clear of weights, but I am going to get some next month in order to try them out for a couple of weeks. My body is probably fine as it is. It looks toned and muscular, but not ugly muscular. Too much muscle is kind of repulsive and it's probably doing more harm than good.

Nice going Daft!

The best part of gym going comes in the morning, when the muscles are all tight and you stretch it out <3

Fairly sure that I've made my body really unbalanced. These days when I do bench presses it's my triceps I feel it in, with virtually none in the pecs. Fear that I may have overworked the pecs in relation to the tri's, so blitzed my tri's today. Struggling to hold my arms out to the keyboard! Spent an hour in the morning, then an hour and a half in the afternoon at the gym today. Good workout!

The best thing about going to the gym is a toss up between that and legitimately being able to eat mountains of food. :D

That is a crazy amount of time in the gym. Must be bloody satisfying.

My left arm annoyingly is weaker than my right so I need to sort that out.

With the bench press I find it kind of hard to focus on making my pecs do the work. Not sure how I can sort that out.

I'm still feeling a bit under the weather at the moment, but popped to the gym yesterday and had a great little session there. Saw two friends from school who I've not seen in years there. They're both brothers, but the younger brother looks considerably bigger than the older one, who looks like a twig. It's quite weird, but I had a little chuckle at that.

The workout was fine, but I didn't do as much cardio work as I had hoped to do as I still wasn't feeling entirely well. Then, I had trouble sleeping because my bastard brother was snoring so loudly, and I could hear him through the walls. When I woke up this morning, I was feeling a bit sicky and meh again. :(

My main concern is getting this belly sorted. I'm making a much bigger effort to stop eating crap and to get some sort of balance in my diet. I'm hoping Ine can tell me whether or not the stomach looks different to when I last saw her (about 6 weeks or so ago). I reeeeeally want to play football and join up with a team. I remember doing 5-aside last Summer when I had a little stint at the gym, and found that it was so incredibly tough. So, I'd like to have another game to see how I compare to then.

The best thing about going to the gym is a toss up between that and legitimately being able to eat mountains of food. :D

That is a crazy amount of time in the gym. Must be bloody satisfying.

My left arm annoyingly is weaker than my right so I need to sort that out.

With the bench press I find it kind of hard to focus on making my pecs do the work. Not sure how I can sort that out.

Yeah, it was awesome. Gonna go again tomorrow, not for so long though. Maybe just the afternoon session.

One arm being weaker than the other is fairly common. You don't need to worry about trying to balance it: as long as you make sure to do the same amount of exercise on each arm (ie dont stop short of your right arm total with your left - either only do as many as your left can handle, or really push the left) then they should atuomatically balance over time. Its only if you let yourself do more with one arm that it remains a problem.

I think it's a wider grip to focus more on the pecs. I could be making that up though. If oyu have an iPhone or iPod Touch, theres a free app called "SixPack App" or something. It was in the top 25 free apps not too long ago, basiclaly has a list of different exercises for all the muscle groups with pictures, instructions and details on what it exercises.

I think it's a wider grip to focus more on the pecs. I could be making that up though. If oyu have an iPhone or iPod Touch, theres a free app called "SixPack App" or something. It was in the top 25 free apps not too long ago, basiclaly has a list of different exercises for all the muscle groups with pictures, instructions and details on what it exercises.

There's a few things that a trainer taught me when I had a free personal trainer session recently. It's good to use a wider grip, but a close grip is also pretty good for working the inner chest muscles. They're also pretty great for the triceps. Likewise, you can do the same thing with push-ups (using a wide and close grip/hand positioning).

Also, a lot of people tend to bring down the bar til it's sitting on the chest. As soon as you do that, you're taking a lot of the tension away from your chest and you place unneccesary strain on your shoulder joints. I see so many people doing that.

@ Gizmo

Yeah, my gym buddy (although we've turned into a group now) said to keep the weights the same. Stupid left arm. Man up!! :heh:

I'll check that app out! Cheers!

I'm just going to cycle tomorrow, as usual.

I went on a run tonight, as I hate my body and generally how I feel like the ugliest person in most rooms I'm in.

It just gave me a massive headache.

I went on a run tonight, as I hate my body and generally how I feel like the ugliest person in most rooms I'm in.

It just gave me a massive headache.

Awesomes, how far did you run? Or for how long?

I've often thought about running in the early morning or something. But, there isn't what you would call a scenic view here...in Newport. :(

Aye, I went on a run tonight too. Was frightfully cold outside. Plus its gotten really dark so I'm not willing to take my usual route as things lurk in the pitch darkness.

Awesomes, how far did you run? Or for how long?

I've often thought about running in the early morning or something. But, there isn't what you would call a scenic view here...in Newport. :(

I say run, but I really mean jog for spurts, then walk a bit, then jog some more. About half an hour/however long it took to encircle the big park behind my house.

Anyone looking for a gym in central London? I will give you a good discounted membership with Virgin Active. Holla! @)

Had a lovely little session today. Feeling over my temporary sickness! So, it was back to enjoying the gym, again. Did a nice amount of chest and ab work, and also back to doing a good amount of cardio. Wohooo.

Was talking to one of the trainers, who then told me that the bar that I was using when bench pressing weighs 20 kilos. I thought it was maybe 5 or something, so it turns out I've been lifting more than I thought I had been doing. So, we're looking at the 50kg mark, which is quite nice for me. Really enjoying my chest workouts, so I look forward to improving on this in the future. It's not a big amount at all, but it's not terrible.

Managed another hour and a half at they gym today along with my usual other cycling, I don't actually feel that tired. Kind of annoying.

Does anyone else have an enormous appetite? I've had about four massive meals today plus snacks in between and I only just now feel remotely satisfied.

I think it has something to do with giving up chocolate and sugar, did that over a month ago (with the obvious mass exercise I'm doing). My digestion/metabolism has become much more efficient.

Managed another hour and a half at they gym today along with my usual other cycling, I don't actually feel that tired. Kind of annoying.

Does anyone else have an enormous appetite? I've had about four massive meals today plus snacks in between and I only just now feel remotely satisfied.

I think it has something to do with giving up chocolate and sugar, did that over a month ago (with the obvious mass exercise I'm doing). My digestion/metabolism has become much more efficient.

lower sugars will cause extreme hunger.. pretty normal.

I've got low sugars (thanks to meds) and I'm always hungry ¬_¬

Does that include natural sugars? I have quite a lot of fruit normally. Although today I only had some strawberries.

I'm gonna start running I think, do a 3-4 mile a few times a week. Was going to join the gym but it's too expensive.

Does that include natural sugars? I have quite a lot of fruit normally. Although today I only had some strawberries.

sugar is sugar in those terms, yeah. Even things like baked beans have sugar in them. (if you are after something a bit more healthy than a bar of chocolate :heh:)

You should try increasing your sugar a little, see if it helps. It can be a bit of a shock to the system just dropping all sugar completely, and you do actually need a little sugar in your diet.

I've had days where I've eaten no sugar and my blood sugar level drops to away down around 3.

Which reminds me (a bit more on topic) I must go join the gym, i've been meaning to for a few weeks, but its just one of those things I'm not really feeling motivated to do lately. :sad:

Wait...you've given up Jaffa Cakes?

Yes. Although my birthday cake is going to be a massive pimped up Jaffa Cake. Also there is an emergency double pack in the kitchen (but it's been there untouched for three weeks).

sugar is sugar in those terms, yeah. Even things like baked beans have sugar in them. (if you are after something a bit more healthy than a bar of chocolate :heh:)

You should try increasing your sugar a little, see if it helps. It can be a bit of a shock to the system just dropping all sugar completely, and you do actually need a little sugar in your diet.

I've had days where I've eaten no sugar and my blood sugar level drops to away down around 3.

Which reminds me (a bit more on topic) I must go join the gym, i've been meaning to for a few weeks, but its just one of those things I'm not really feeling motivated to do lately. :sad:

Yeah. normally I have a lot more fruit but we ran out of bananas this morning. :cry:

I stand by my recommendation for gym buddies. Force someone to join with you, do anything, it helps SO much. I really wanted to flake on the gym today but my friend texted me and I do what I usually do and thought, 'Why not?'. :heh:

I'm gonna start running I think, do a 3-4 mile a few times a week. Was going to join the gym but it's too expensive.

I love running so much. I used to run about that distance every night when I was in the countryside. It was the highlight of my day.

Edited by Daft

My calves really hurt when I was working out tonight. I think I need to do more pre/post stretching. It's just so damned boring, I prefer the main event.

I've joined the gym even though I've only been twice in the past seven months...not good. I usually run a mile a day, weightlift and eat healthily but you would never guess, lmao. Tomorrow or Friday, I'm going to the gym, I can't wait. Just me, my MP3 and probably three hours of nothing but exercise and feeling good :)

If you want to burn fat fast, there's two ways that I did and it helped me:

1: DDR- It's fun and it actually burns off more than it says it does. That plus it actually does improve your running or walking distance and makes your legs muscly.

2: Swimming- 20-30 lengths twice a week, builds muscles and loses weight.