Match 1: Foo Fighters vs. Bear McCreary

Match 2: Radiohead vs. A Fine Frenzy

Match 3: Rage Against The Machine vs.Led Zeppelin

Match 4: Tori Amos vs. Lemon Jelly

Match 5: The Kinks vs. Jeff Buckley

Match 6: Postal Service vs. Tegan & Sara

Match 7: PJ Harvey vs. Lamb

---

Yes, we're back after months of hiatus. VOTE NOW OR DIE.

Remember the rules...you HAVE to listen to both songs fully.

The Rip because I love it, both are decent tracks though tbf.

----------------------------------

Also as a sidenote, will there be any more 'Music Warz!' after this one is over Paj?

Edited by S.C.G

Bucking the trend. Gonna have to go with Placebo. The Rip isn't a bad song, far from it. It's just... it takes too long to get itself fully going and then when it gets there, about half way through, it decides to go back to what it was doing. Many people will like it as such but I was waiting for that oomph and when it came, it was too short lived for me. The Placebo song... well it's been a part of my musical catalogue for years and I just love it. Simple as.

And nice to see this back. Had been wondering what was going to happen to the unfinished-ness. And like SCG has asked, hope there will be another one although I think perhaps a partnership should take to running it.

I like Placebo, but I love Portishead, and think they're consistantly brilliant.

The Rip

(Pretty sure it was my choice for this contest anyway)

---

Also as a sidenote, will there be any more 'Music Warz!' after this one is over Paj?

Yeah, I want to do more, but themed in some way.

I mentioned months ago I was thinking of maybe one based around an "era". Like "80's" or something. Or maybe a more tricksy way of theming it. Something to do with the choices poeople can make. In any situation, no songs from this first game can be entered again. (except in remix form)

The Rip

I hate the vocals in EYEM, whereas I love the vocals in The Rip. Also, The Rip is, as an overall package, much more musically interesting.

------

The next theme could be: "Songs with the word Love in the title."

At first glance it seems really limiting, but when I type love into my iTunes search, I get 205 different songs, of all genres.

Could be stunning to see Tainted Love versus Don't Be Stupid! (You Know I Love You) - the latter of which I'm obviously going to choose.

-----

Or perhaps songs which have been covered (but you have to choose the original version).

Portishead - 4

Placebo - 3

The next theme could be: "Songs with the word Love in the title."

At first glance it seems really limiting, but when I type love into my iTunes search, I get 205 different songs, of all genres.

Could be stunning to see Tainted Love versus Don't Be Stupid! (You Know I Love You) - the latter of which I'm obviously going to choose.

Could be great.

Or perhaps songs which have been covered (but you have to choose the original version).

Don't make me use Crucio.