MoogleViper

Should I buy a 360?

Should I buy the 360  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should I buy the 360

• Yes get it
    • No wait for the PS3 to drop
    • Don't buy either, blow your money on booze and hookers

I think I'll do that then. I have an LG LCD monitor. 19", 5000:1, 8ms (I think, might be less, certainly no more).

Trouble is it's the monitor I use for my PC.

Anyone know of a good splitter or box that doesn't give any ghosting?

Ideal! also as for the VGA box, here is one that I have bought personally for when I used to use a monitor for my 360 but now I use it to send the PC signal from my HDTV to my old monitor for when I want to play on my 360...

http://www.markertek.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KR-PT-201VGA

Yes it's about £70 but it's of excellent quality and can be used in reverse as well e.g 2 signals to one monitor (what you want it to do) or one signal to two monitors (what I currently have mine set up to do) this will definitely meet your requirements anyway and you may be able to find it cheaper if you shop around, hope this helps. :D

That's the problem with these consoles, you're forced to buy a new TV to fully enjoy it.

There isn't really an easy way to compare it. The graphics will be a lot better, but the image quality may not be - but that's mainly because HTDVs generally have better colour/contrast.

I've played a fair few 360 games on a 14" SDTV without any problems.

Only if that HDTV is a CRT.

http://www.markertek.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KR-PT-201VGA

Yes it's about £70 but it's of excellent quality and can be used in reverse as well e.g 2 signals to one monitor (what you want it to do) or one signal to two monitors (what I currently have mine set up to do) this will definitely meet your requirements anyway and you may be able to find it cheaper if you shop around, hope this helps. :D

I only paid just over £100 for the monitor 2 years ago. If I'm going to pay £70 for a VGA box I may as well put it towards a new TV.

You could also pick up a second monitor. In my experience monitors offer a better picture than any TVs.

That's the problem with these consoles, you're forced to buy a new TV to fully enjoy it.

At least these consoles can take advantage of them.

Please, stop bitching about the Xbox and PS3. Every time I come here your saying something negative about them.

You're pushing your luck by asking a dipshit to stop being a dipshit.

Lol, Jesus Christ, just read over it. And people complain about the Wii boards.

And dwarf, keep your insults to yourself, you might not like what people say but insulting doesn't make you right.

It's quite comical really.

And people complain about the Wii boards

Well they are right to, it's a shambles to be frank.

And let's face it, if someone made a similar comment about the Wii being rubbish because it doesn't have much internal memory, you would've poked them in the ribs with a typical rubbish Shino response.

Look, I've told you before that you dont have to own an HDTV to enjoy this generation, I was happily playing before I got mine. Having it in HD just makes it that little bit sweeter. You turn this advantage of HD consoles into a disadvantage for no reason other than because it gets on your tits when people show interest in buying a PS3.

You're a prick. And I'm right about that.

It's quite comical really.

Well they are right to, it's a shambles to be frank.

And let's face it, if someone made a similar comment about the Wii being rubbish because it doesn't have much internal memory, you would've poked them in the ribs with a typical rubbish Shino response.

Look, I've told you before that you dont have to own an HDTV to enjoy this generation, I was happily playing before I got mine. Having it in HD just makes it that little bit sweeter. You turn this advantage of HD consoles into a disadvantage for no reason other than because it gets on your tits when people show interest in buying a PS3.

Says the dude that admits going to the Wii board just to troll.

And don't worry, its just a console.

I went in there once or twice because I was pissed off with people like you. What do you mean it's just a console? You should be telling yourself that, I'm objective in my arguments, you can't challenge in debate because you just make potshots. Why don't you quit whining about something that may actually be better than you think? I, like others here, are getting pissed off with your needless wasteman statements.

Then you tell everyone to ignore your shit comments in an exasperated manner as if we're being harsh. Why write them? That's like littering on someone's drive and then saying 'oh don't worry about that' before you scurry away.

I went in there once or twice because I was pissed off with people like you. What do you mean it's just a console? You should be telling yourself that, I'm objective in my arguments, you can't challenge in debate because you just make potshots. Why don't you quit whining about something that may actually be better than you think? I, like others here, are getting pissed off with your needless wasteman statements.

Then you tell everyone to ignore your shit comments in an exasperated manner as if we're being harsh. Why write them? That's like littering on someone's drive and then saying 'oh don't worry about that' before you scurry away.

I made one comment really and I even said I would buy a 360, I admit several times on this boards that the competition has great games (mostly the PS3 though) even though I openly admit being a Nintendo fanboy, and most of my critics in here have some fundament. You can't deny that HD is a big party of the HD consoles and that it helps differentiate the graphics, or that even many games have problems with text when played on an SDTV.

What I don't do is going around insulting other people just because I don't agree with them or going to the boards of what is still the main supported console on this site, and troll it for shit and giggles.

Edited by Shino

The best HDTV CRT TV on the market.

Sony's KD-34XBR970 FD Trinitron WEGA Flat Screen Technology is the basis of Sony's award-winning line of visually flat televisions. The FD Trinitron sets deliver incredible image accuracy, wide viewing angles, outstanding contrast, and corner-to-corner detail. The visually flat FD Trinitron tube minimizes annoying glare from light sources, which enhances contrast. Detail, corner-to-corner, is rendered more accurately because images aren't distorted by a curved screen. Squares are square, straight lines appear straight, and circles are circular.
Edited by Dante

An HDTV is needed for Full enjoyment of some games. Any game that has readable text while SD, is just fine on an older CRT TV. It may not be as crisp, but you can still enjoy it just fine. The exceptions are games like Dead Rising with unreadable text while in SD, or if you have a particularly old CRT that gives a blurry picture no matter the source material.

Besides, you guys(and me lol) are way off topic.

@Dante, Problem is it weighs 200 lbs and only supports 1080i. Although it likely produces a better picture than just about everything else due to CRTs having the best black levels and color production.

I made one comment really and I even said I would buy a 360, I admit several times on this boards that the competition has great games (mostly the PS3 though) even though I openly admit being a Nintendo fanboy, and most of my critics in here have some fundament. You can't deny that HD is a big party of the HD consoles and that it helps differentiate the graphics, or that even many games have problems with text when played on an SDTV.

What I don't go is going around insulting other people just because I don't agree with them or going to the boards of what is still the main supported console on this site, and troll it for shit and giggles.

What I hate is that you use the word 'admit'. It's like you concede defeat when you realise that there's a good game on the PS3 when really you could consider picking up a system at some point or just say that you're missing out by not owning one. Failing that, just keep quiet.

And on the point you make there shouldn't be 2 sides of the argument. The fact is that you are wrong.

I haven't actually gone onto the Wii boards to troll for ages, and I don't think there's any point any more, the thing is I make it obvious when I joke around on there, you however make deluded talk that you actually believe.

Don't try to worm your way out of this by defending yourself through saying 'Oooh this is a Nintendo website, so I must make sure that I speak lovingly of all things Nintendo and ruin the rivalling systems spaces.'

If you know that you're a fanboy why don't you fuck off and take your biased, nonsensical views with you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I'll just re-iterate, get the 360.

Edited by dwarf

Though shit boy, I'm not going anywhere. And who the fuck are you to be on such a high horse? you're not even being objective anymore so fuck off.

I think I've won that whole thing tbh.

I've been as objective as I could have been with someone like you. No-one wants you here Shino, go skulk back into your Wii board.

Final nail in the coffin - you swore, that's how pathetic you are. Swearing doesn't get you anywhere, can't believe you resorted to it.

That's a wrap.

I think I've won that whole thing tbh.

I've been as objective as I could have been with someone like you. No-one wants you here Shino, go skulk back into your Wii board.

Final nail in the coffin - you swore, that's how pathetic you are. Swearing doesn't get you anywhere, can't believe you resorted to it.

That's a wrap.

I ADMIT I lost my head over how fucking big your ego is, how you think I will ever concede to your whims of what I say the way I say it or that insulting me would ever get me to reasoning with you.

And I don't really care if anyone wants me here, what matters is that I am and I will still give my opinion despite it not being according to what your views are.

And yeah, you "won". Whatever this shit was.

You're pushing your luck by asking a dipshit to stop being a dipshit.

Can someone sig this?

I'm not going anywhere.

No? Care to place a bet on that?

Infractions issued, users banned from thread. Can we do this at a reasonable hour next time please? I was just going to bed when the reported post emails came through :mad:

EDIT: Hmm, it seems i've either forgotten how to ban people from threads or the option just isn't there anymore :hmm: I hate doing this shit on a phone, it's not easy!

Edited by McPhee

No? Care to place a bet on that?

Infractions issued, users banned from thread. Can we do this at a reasonable hour next time please? I was just going to bed when the reported post emails came through :mad:

EDIT: Hmm, it seems i've either forgotten how to ban people from threads or the option just isn't there anymore :hmm: I hate doing this shit on a phone, it's not easy!

Just to point out that I mentioned the Other Consoles boards in general, not just this thread.

Just to point out that I mentioned the Other Consoles boards in general, not just this thread.

I think that's kind of irrelevant to him.

Well that could be arranged if you really, really want :indeed:

Well that could be arranged if you really, really want :indeed:

And why would I want that? In all honesty, I barely post around here.