NEurope
stuwii

Who hates flying

I used to love it, then we dropped in mid air for a few seconds and I now hate the idea.

Never used to like it. But after flying on sme of the RAFs finest aircraft i will never ever complain about flying on a civi plane again.

Landing and taking off im compleate darkness at stupidly steep angles wearing body armour etc is nto much fun at all.

I have never liked flying... Then I injured myself quite badly once involving an escalator, and a very nearly smashed kneecap. My knee is completely arthritis-ridden now, and flying with arthritis is bad enough without an injury that never really healed completely.

The air pressure makes every bit of my body angry and aggravated. The knee injury swells up and hits on nerves. I'm sitting in confined space for half an hour, not able to move my knee while the pressure on my nerves sends shockwaves of pain all through my leg.

I did however find it to be quite awe-inspiring, the views are pretty amazing. =)

I've never tried it, but want to. The views you can get from being in a really high place can be breath-taking and pure awesome.

I like flying. Sometimes I get a teeny bit jittery before a flight but it's usually nothing. My brother and I used to play a little game with the landing bit where after they tell you to buckle up your seatbelt and check, we took it off and placed our heads as close to the chair in front without our face touching to see who could stop their face from hitting it when the wheels hit the ground. Eases the tension and it's always funny to see someone smash into something :p

Have flown in a Navy Sea King helicopter once and that was fun although a little scary as the side door was open the whole time and of course, there's no safety belts on the seats. Was funny when we went to have a look at the cockpit mid flight and the pilots cut the engines for a second or two. That drop was one of the scariest things ever. So much so that I couldn't stop laughing.

Have also flown in a hot air balloon over Stockholm. Seriously, I really do recommend people go on a hot air balloon trip because it's awe-inspiring. When I went in Stockholm the views and the fact that the sun was setting made for one of the most memorable experiences ever.

I like in-flight food.

Yes, I know. I'm weird.

Was soooo much better back in the days of proper knives and forks. Including spoon to boot. Yet they still insist on serving the bread roll, and other foods which are the bane of plastiware.

I've only ever flown once.

It's alright. Nice being above stuff... seeing all the little lights (at night obviously) and listening to a little bit of jazz. All of sudden wishing you had brought a bomb so you could waste it all away.

Or a Gameboy.

I like in-flight food.

Yes, I know. I'm weird.

You obviously didn't fly Air France Vegetarian. My flight back consisted of six slightly-different-from-each-other salads. But then I stocked up on bread rolls and the snacks they had.

Anywho. Its not my favourite thing, particularly the take off. Or when I got the painful feeling of my skull being drilled into last time I landed but its a means to an ends isn't it?

Vegetarian.

As far as I'm concerned life isn't worth living unless you eat animals.

The more adorable the better.

As far as I'm concerned life isn't worth living unless you eat animals.

The more adorable the better.

Don't make me get DynastyGirl on you :p

Don't make me get DynastyGirl on you :p

Ah! Memories...

I think Ashley IS dynastygal.

Truely LMAO!

I think Ashley IS dynastygal.

And I think I've met more visually attractive sidewalks on a Saturday morning than you.

And I think I've met more visually attractive sidewalks on a Saturday morning than you.

FAIL! :mad:

You're from the West Midlands, not the West Coast. *slap* :nono:

:heh:

FAIL! :mad:

You're from the West Midlands, not the West Coast. *slap* :nono:

:heh:

They are on the side, you walk on them. Don't go getting semantically proud when we all know if you had the dollar you'd be in the East :heh:

They are on the side, you walk on them. Don't go getting semantically proud when we all know if you had the dollar you'd be in the East :heh:

Don't you spell mum, 'mom'?

Don't you spell mum, 'mom'?

I do but that is a West Midlands thing. Not everyone does but I know plenty of local people do because it mirrors the pronounciation better.

Aah, don't...what? :wtf:

Please never say that word again. Please i beg you.

Please never say that word again. Please i beg you.

Only if you don't use the word "civi" again. :heh:

Only if you don't use the word "civi" again. :heh:

No because i have 2 languages english (which i strugle with lol) and matloet, which i cant help to burst in to.

There is no good reason for anyone to use that world outside the US of A. Come to think of it im not even sure theres a case to use it in the former colonys.

What's wrong with the word sidewalk?

Anyway on topic, I quite like to fly. Have done it so many times now in my life that it's really nothing special anymore, yet I still like it. I only ever got food on the long flights to the US, and it can be hit and miss. The vegetarian food I got wasn't great though, so the next flights I just went for normal food and simply didn't eat the meat if I didn't like it. =P

But yeah flying is nice, especially if you can look outside. I got to see Paris by night once while flying over it, looked lovely. =)