NEurope
Dante

Activision CEO could “raise prices even further”

It's extremely relevant, the man is advocating raising prices in light of the failing economy, while he is making 15 million a year. Maybe if the rich weren't greedy he could take a hit to his paycheck (is 15mil really necessary for anyone)

Most of the money is "compensation" and "awards", which I'm sure means "Money he's taken from the company because he wants it".

It's extremely relevant, the man is advocating raising prices in light of the failing economy, while he is making 15 million a year. Maybe if the rich weren't greedy he could take a hit to his paycheck (is 15mil really necessary for anyone) to allow for prices to stay at the standard. Of course, prices staying at the standard the games would still turn a profit, right now this is the rich advocating price gouging to get richer.

The rich get richer while the poor get poorer.

Yeah, but like I said, of course he's going to get paid a crap load. You'd have to be stupid to think he wasn't. He's no different from a lot of rich business people out there. Just look at Rupert Murdoch, he's going to start charging for online newspapers. Fail.

I was thinking about not getting modern warfare 2 because of its high price. I mean, its absolutely ridiculous that they've put the price of this game so high, regardless of how good they might think its gonna be. It probably will be a great game, hell even game of the year. But that doesn't mean you get to jack up the price for the product.

I don't expect to pay more to see a great film like Lord of the Rings in the cinema compared to trash like GI joe.

I was thinking about not getting modern warfare 2 because of its high price. I mean, its absolutely ridiculous that they've put the price of this game so high, regardless of how good they might think its gonna be. It probably will be a great game, hell even game of the year. But that doesn't mean you get to jack up the price for the product.

I don't expect to pay more to see a great film like Lord of the Rings in the cinema compared to trash like GI joe.

Surely if Lord of the Rings cost $100 million to make and GI Joe $50 million it's fair that one is priced above the other though (Random figures btw).

MW2 is probably the biggest budget game coming out this holiday season (Second to AC2 maybe) and as such I see no issue with Activision pricing it higher - end of the day we still get the choice of whether to buy it. The video game market already works on a basis of game developement costs being related to it's RRP, hence why Wii games are cheaper, I don't see why this shouldn't work the other way for the most expensive of games.

The price cut is currently secluded to the UK anyway, where the price of everything is going up, recently the price of Wii's. No one seems that bothered about Nintendo's greedy business ethics though.

Surely if Lord of the Rings cost $100 million to make and GI Joe $50 million it's fair that one is priced above the other though (Random figures btw).

MW2 is probably the biggest budget game coming out this holiday season (Second to AC2 maybe) and as such I see no issue with Activision pricing it higher - end of the day we still get the choice of whether to buy it. The video game market already works on a basis of game developement costs being related to it's RRP, hence why Wii games are cheaper, I don't see why this shouldn't work the other way for the most expensive of games.

The price cut is currently secluded to the UK anyway, where the price of everything is going up, recently the price of Wii's. No one seems that bothered about Nintendo's greedy business ethics though.

Yeah, if shit games we're 10$ and good games 50$.

So basically what this guy is trying to say is...

2lc8mtc.jpg

Several hours of punching later...

Zombie.jpg

Several hours of punching later...

Zombie.jpg

That is fucking frightening.

Wow, how is that relevant? Of course he's going to get paid a bomb, he is head of a major corporation.

It's relevant because he's going to be the only one able to afford the Prestige Edition of Modern Warfare 3: More Modern.

No, I don't really have anything constructive to add. For me the situation is simple: if I don't consider something to be worth the asking price then I won't buy it. No one's got a gun to my head.

I am very surprised people are moaning so much about a fiver, it doesn't really bother me at all.

That is fucking frightening.

But deserved - what a douchebag.

I am very surprised people are moaning so much about a fiver, it doesn't really bother me at all.

You'll be moaning when other games publishers follow suit - unless your fucking minted in which case can you tap me a couple of thousand?

Slow down Mr Moneybags. Don't forget MW2 is due to release around Christmas time, when money is a tad tighter than usual.

Well I guess I'm only buying a few games this year so a fiver or two doesn't bother me that much. Well it does, but not enough not to buy the game like some people say.

fiver? Most games are about £33 brand new. Watch when some developer who isnt making money raises their prices. You will have articles on boycots etc. ;) but this is activision so all is well.

The fans will suck it up hard and good. Much like NFS and whatever lowest common denominator games these companies continue to make.

Edited by Choze

fiver? Most games are about £33 brand new. Watch when some developer who isnt making money raises their prices. You will have articles on boycots etc. ;) but this is activision so all is well.

The fans will suck it up hard and good. Much like NFS and whatever lowest common denominator games these companies continue to make.

I think he means an extra fiver on top of the RRP.

In fact, if you can get most games for £33 brand new, then MW2 is only £2.97 more at Tesco.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-2328.aspx

We know you are not a fan of CoD Choze, but really, do you have to keep bashing the game when most people will buy it, and enjoy it? Is it that you feel somehow threatened by this, taking the 'crown' as such from Killzone?

Its petty, and annoying.

I think he means an extra fiver on top of the RRP.

In fact, if you can get most games for £33 brand new, then MW2 is only £2.97 more at Tesco.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-2328.aspx

We know you are not a fan of CoD Choze, but really, do you have to keep bashing the game when most people will buy it, and enjoy it? Is it that you feel somehow threatened by this, taking the 'crown' as such from Killzone?

Its petty, and annoying.

Lets celebrate the price increase...