NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
fex

FS: DVD's and Blu-Ray

Hey!

I've decided to have a mass clear out of films / tv series.

Anyway have a feel to have a browse. : peace:

My eBay Listings

SIDE RANT: Does anyone else hate eBays new policy on listing DVD's (im guessing games are the same) where you cannot charge for P&P!?!?!?! I spent ten minutes figuring out why postage couldn't be set higher than £0.00. Thanks for making it easy eBay!

Nothing there that interests me but yeah, their new policy is tits.

Ah yes I was miffed by that, I don't understand it. Didn't realise that was why they wouldn't let me raise it. Ridiculous too because in order to post a jiffy bag w/ dvd case first class it costs around £1.50 including bag prices etc.

They basically argue "if users can order it NEW from a site with free p&p, why would they pay for p&p on a used item?"

They're just deterring sellers. Often buyers often overlook postage a bit so you get better sales, plus it's up to us surely? We can't post for free like major retailers so they aren't helping on the competitive side, it's never been a problem.

Sometimes you get those vouchers that take £5 off postage so in some cases people get a bit more money from selling too because they get the postage revenue and a higher sell price if that makes sense. Unless they don't give out the vouchers anymore.

It almost makes it pointless placing any big box sets on eBay. I'm thinking Series 1-10 package of friends. yeah because P&P should be free on that item! I wouldn't be surprised if people didn't start placing DVD's under different categories.

They basically argue "if users can order it NEW from a site with free p&p, why would they pay for p&p on a used item?"

Yeah but that's stupid. Because people will include the p&p in the price anyway. So it makes no difference.

You should include P&P in the price anyway.

Its annoying when you organize by price to find that theyre not in the right order because some people add unrealistic postage charges.

How do you include it though, the buyers won't think 'I'll raise my bid a couple of quid to help with that guys postage' will they?

And it's not exactly fair to put 'please pay an extra £1.50 on top of final bid afterwards' in the description.

MEH.

Don't you pay more for listing items over 99p? In which case sellers are going to set their prices slightly higher to compensate for this, which in turn means eBay will be getting more money.

Sure it makes things easier for buyers, but for sellers who make a tiny profit its going to hit them quiet hard. To such a degree where people will stop listing items on eBay. I've read a few forums where some eBay shops have stopped offering DVD thanks to eBays new policy.

I don't understand if this was such a big problem, why not set a flat rate of £1.50 postage, which should cover P&P.

Or some form of compensation. If you offer free p&p you don't pay for the listing say?

As you said, its particularly damaging on boxsets. They can cost several quid to post.

Weren't DVDs free listing anyway? A large amount of games/DVDs I've sold didn't have charges on them, other than an invoice at the end.

How do you include it though, the buyers won't think 'I'll raise my bid a couple of quid to help with that guys postage' will they?

And it's not exactly fair to put 'please pay an extra £1.50 on top of final bid afterwards' in the description.

MEH.

No, they wont.

They are trying toget the best deal, so its not their problem.

Put it at the minimum you can afford to sell it for.

I know that's why I said they wouldn't, I have a grasp of the basic economic theories you know!

Yeah you can't add postage to games either... pissed me right off!... ended up choosing my own starting price and taking my p&p costs into account that way.

Also, you could specify what postage will be in your listing, and then add it on to the invoice at the end.

Oh and just to jump in on this thread, if anyone wants to buy The Departed or Pitch Black let me know.

Edited by Retro_Link

No, they wont.

They are trying toget the best deal, so its not their problem.

Put it at the minimum you can afford to sell it for.

It won't matter because DVDs aren't going to suddenly on average sell for £1.50 more by the time the bid ends (no matter what you start the selling price), meaning less profit for sellers.

It's a good system because it means you can get DVDs you want for cheaper. I'm not assed about sellers of DVDs making profits, lol.

Sign in to follow this