NEurope

Yeah it is a joke. England games should be available to watch by everyone.

Can't even go down the pub and watch it..

Is there even any highlights on anywhere??

Yeah it is a joke. England games should be available to watch by everyone.

Can't even go down the pub and watch it..

Is there even any highlights on anywhere??

I don't think there's any highlights on BBC or ITV tonight.

It just seems very hypocritical to ask the country to support the home nations and then at the same time ask them to pay more money on top of what they're already paying (which is already extortionate) to watch the game on a computer. All home nation games should be viewable to all, in my opinion. With Wimbledon, you could press the red button on BBC 1 or 2 and choose which game to watch. They could easily do this with football.

Indeed and essentially Croatia are out as Ukraine are now a point ahead of them with Andorra left to play.....

While it was a joke that the game was online only, Setanta had agreed topay 5 million for it, which frankly stupid anyway. So you can understand why none of the other tv shows wanted to pick it up. Also while I agree that england matches should be on terrestrial tv the English FA only have a say in who shows the home matches. In order to show an away match you have to buy the rights from that countrys FA (in this case the ukrainian one) so its understandable why they sold the rights to the highest bidder.

While it was a joke that the game was online only, Setanta had agreed topay 5 million for it, which frankly stupid anyway. So you can understand why none of the other tv shows wanted to pick it up. Also while I agree that england matches should be on terrestrial tv the English FA only have a say in who shows the home matches. In order to show an away match you have to buy the rights from that countrys FA (in this case the ukrainian one) so its understandable why they sold the rights to the highest bidder.

Thanks for clearing that up. I know there was a problem over the away matches in the past, but I didn't know the full extent of it.

What would happen if there was a game between England and Ireland, but played in Ireland?

Well turns out BBC comes to rescue...I tried to watch the match via another feed ahead and it kept crashing so gave up.

Well I thought we did ok considering we were down to 10 men for most of the match. A couple of defensive errors/sloppy play but I think we gave a good account of ourselves.

I'm not sure I want Heskey fit come the seletion for the World Cup. I just don't get him and why they insist on sticking with this partnership.

Yes Rooney has said he likes to play with him because of his strength at holding the ball up for him etc...

But when it comes down to it Heskey's a striker, and he's just not scoring........ EVER!

That means other the Rooney, where on earth are Englands other goals gonna come from? Yes Gerrard occasionally comes up with a moment of brilliance, and perhaps even less often Lampard, and there's currently no Joe Cole in this World Cup team...

I think it's time Defoe got a starting position and Carlton Cole was given more time on the pitch as Heskey's replacement, with Crouch a regular sub.

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah I think todays game was a perfect opportunity to start with Crouch or Cole and see how it would work with Rooney. I think they deserved the nod ahead of Heskey considering he has only started what 1 match for Villa this season.

I think we'll see a change on wednesday.

Yeah considering Capello has made it clear he will not make any 'sympathy' selections... no player is guaranteed their place in the team... they must be playing regularly etc... Heskeys starting role is a bit questionable!

Also my first Capello worry came today when he substituted Lennon! I mean WTF!... take away our right side attack??

Maybe he thought Johnson could half cover that role, but surely Carrick should have gone?

Edited by Retro_Link

Capello is Itallian and an old school Itallian coach at that, away from home down to 10 men you always sub an attacker and try to get a point. If you expect England to play attacking away from home when down to 10 men, you wont see it with this manager.

Capello is Itallian and an old school Itallian coach at that, away from home down to 10 men you always sub an attacker and try to get a point. If you expect England to play attacking away from home when down to 10 men, you wont see it with this manager.

Having not seen the game or squad line up, I got to say I agree with Noodleman. It's pretty common for managers to sacrifice a winger when the keeper is sent off, either a winger or forward. A central midfielder is more important to the defence and shape of the team than a winger.

I see Obertan made his United debut for the reserves the other night, just seen a few highlight on manutd.com. Looks pretty classy but I guess we'll see when he eventually plays for the first team.

I see Obertan made his United debut for the reserves the other night, just seen a few highlight on manutd.com. Looks pretty classy but I guess we'll see when he eventually plays for the first team.

Yeah he does look pretty good. Be good to see if you can step up to the plate and put in some good performances. He could outshine Nani (which isn't going to be hard the way he has played in his last few games).

Yeah he does look pretty good. Be good to see if you can step up to the plate and put in some good performances. He could outshine Nani (which isn't going to be hard the way he has played in his last few games).

Saying that, Nani had a great last game for Portugal. Also, Berba scored a hat-trick.

Weekend! Football is back. Internationals are nice, but I think my heart belongs to Saturday football.

I think I'll be attending Aston Villa vs. Chelsea this weekend. Another opportunity to see the overrated John Carew, should be a good game though.

I think I'll be attending Aston Villa vs. Chelsea this weekend. Another opportunity to see the overrated John Carew, should be a good game though.

epicfacepalm.jpg

You're overrated!

I quite like the Carew. The name itself reminds me of Cashew...nuts.

I've mentioned my dislike for him before because whenever I've seen him I facepalmed. Got raped for it in the thread but I seriously don't get that guy.

If you don't "get" John Carew you're not going to be able to "get" anything.

It must suck to be you, And that's a Villa fan who wears glasses, doesn't have a job and has never kissed a girl, saying that.

In fairness, many people seem to not "get" certain footballers. For me, I cannot stand Peter Crouch. Many people don't "get" Berbatov. So, it's just one of those things, I think.

Talk about hyperbole. If you really fit that description I feel for you, maybe if you went to spec-savers you'd think differently of him.