NEurope
Goafer

PSO: Blue Burst

Before I start, this is all legal etc. Sega allowed free download of the game. Now Schthack are offering their own servers to continue the game. So it's completely free and legal as far as I can tell.

So anyone play it on the Schthack servers? I got it working last night and it's pretty good so far. Controls are a little odd, but I'll get used to it I imagine.

drddnotaog.jpg

jxtsvbmyen.jpg

All downloads/instrucions are on the Schthack website.

I downloaded it a while back cause a buddy wanted me to play it with him I never bothered to start playing it though...

Those aren't your own screen shots are they? Cause if so lvl200 default is a little much.

No not mine. Take the 2 zeros off and that's pretty much as far as I am right now.

AFAIK, Schthack servers don't allow non cosmetic hacks.

Behold, this is I:

PSOBB.jpg

Edited by Goafer

Might give it a bash for Episode 4. Still play the Cube version, though if it means playing folk on N-E, why not.

It would be great if we could get a good amount of people on N-Europe playing the game

I used to play on Schthack but I quit, but I'm willing to play it again with N-europe peoples.

Been playing this quite a lot recently, as it really is the definitive version of PSO. Think PSO but with server sided saving, meaning hacking isn't rife. My character is called Skeith...if anyone is playing later on I'll have a game with you.

I've pretty much given up on this now and uninstalled it. Mainly because I've come across 2 (apparently common) bugs within a day of installing it. That's not including the pain in the arse it was to get it running in the first place, although that's probably more to do with running it on unofficial servers.

Bug 1: Apparently with quite a lot of laptops, you need to plug in an external monitor to allow you to change any options. This is because the bit where you select resolution is often blank for laptops built in monitors. It won't allow you to save changes to options without selecting a resolution.

Bug 2: Cant type anything in game. Nothing at all. I've tried restarting, changing system languages (based on advice from the PSO community) and changing settings back to originals (having to do it on another monitor of course) and nothing worked.

It's a shame really, since I missed most of PSO online first time round and I'd really like to give it a go. May try again soon.

I've pretty much given up on this now and uninstalled it. Mainly because I've come across 2 (apparently common) bugs within a day of installing it. That's not including the pain in the arse it was to get it running in the first place, although that's probably more to do with running it on unofficial servers.

Bug 1: Apparently with quite a lot of laptops, you need to plug in an external monitor to allow you to change any options. This is because the bit where you select resolution is often blank for laptops built in monitors. It won't allow you to save changes to options without selecting a resolution.

Bug 2: Cant type anything in game. Nothing at all. I've tried restarting, changing system languages (based on advice from the PSO community) and changing settings back to originals (having to do it on another monitor of course) and nothing worked.

It's a shame really, since I missed most of PSO online first time round and I'd really like to give it a go. May try again soon.

Strange, I've insatlle dit on 2 different laptops and had no problems. Did you download the installer from the Schthack website? I remember you originally needed to install an update before you could type anything on the official release although I think it's oncluded in the installer you get from the Scthack server.

Yeah I got it from the Schtack site. I could type when I first played it, but when I changed the settings it stopped working. I changed the settings back and it still wouldn't play ball.

weird, I was thinking about making this thread, I've been playing on this server for a while now and really enjoying it. I actually think it has a better comunity then the Gamecube PSO. Right now I have just one character, a RAcast level 147, so I'll gladly meet up

I just downloaded this now, I've been wanting to get back into playing PSO recently and since alot of people here are doing it now it seems like a good time to start. It just doesn't feel the same offline.

I've downloaded it, requested login details and am still waiting for the email...

I'll gladly help out any newcomer. I've got quite a few things that to any person starting would seem great (particularly units, such as those that give you an additional 100HP - you only start with about 50 or 60, depending on class!).

I should be on later tonight sometime. Only made my character and wondered around in the lobby. Got me a lv 1 FOmar called Zera. I've only ever really played Forces in this for some reason, made a FOmar after my first GC char that got corrupted :heh:

Might make a HUmar aswell. You know, I don't think i've ever really played a ranger at all aside from when I hacked the GC version for the Dark Flow weapon. They just don't appeal to me much.

I'm a ranger. The great thing about them is that you can kill enemies quickly from a distance. Later on you get S rank hell and berserk needles, which basically means you can just about kill 5 enemies at once from a distance. Rangers also can increase attack and defense, but hunters can't.

Just a little question incase any of you guys had it since it's a bit of a problem for me but, when you start up the game, does anyones screen resolution mess up at all? Started mine and I couldnt see some stuff with it being cut from the screen, so I had no idea what was going on. Pressed some buttons to try and get it into window mode but I ended up saying '21' :(

What's your character's name, Shadow? Most people try and play on Skyline block 1 btw.

My guy is called 'Zera'. I'm gonna go on just now, might see you guys soon.