N-Europe

Boy, 9, Shot Dead In Video Game Row

Babooo

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090610/twl-boy-9-shot-dead-in-video-game-row-3fd0ae9.html

An 11-year-old boy has accidentally killed his nine-year-old brother with a shotgun after an argument about a computer game.

Darius Finley was shot once in the chest after the pair struggled with the weapon at their home in Marshall County, northern Mississippi.

Marshall County Sheriff Kenny Dickerson said: "The younger brother allegedly got mad because he got beat at some video games and got the gun."

He said his brother, De-Andre Finley, initially said he never touched the gun.

But after more questioning, the older boy admitted the weapon accidentally went off as the two struggled over it.

"That version we can live with because it's consistent with the evidence," Mr Dickerson said.

He said the shotgun was too long and heavy for the younger boy to hold it against his chest and pull the trigger.

"That's the reason it raised red flags," he added.

He said the boys' father was outside mowing the lawn at the time of the incident.

A post-mortem is to be carried out, and the shotgun has been removed from the scene for testing.

Mr Dickerson added: "Upon arrival we found a nine-year old child laying face down in the bedroom of the home.

"The shotgun was near where the child was laying, and casing to the opposite side of where the child was laying."

Police said it is unlikely the older brother will be charged because he is under 13, and "it appeared to be an accident anyway".

Bloody hell

I just read this article, There seem to be too many cases where loaded firearms are easily accesible to young gamers. It truly boggles the mind.

Something tells me Dan Dare is thinking "it's hardly current affairs. It's 'oh my gawd guyz faith in humanity fail!'"

For Fucks Sake! this kind of thing pisses me off because it could so easily have been avoided... I understand that in America they have that thing about "It's an American right to have a gun in the house" blah blah etc - even if I don't agree with it - BUT to leave the gun LOADED where it can be handled by a child is completely irresponsible.

Why wasn't it locked away? if it was then this could have been avoided surely...

[/Rant]

Quick summary of how this thread will go:

Some posters: wow this is lame

some other posters: super lame dude, check out how retarded America is.

Yet more posters: absolutely dude. The fuck is with people leaving loaded guns near children?

everyone: fuck knows. Shame, anyway.

There. saved us the trouble.