NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Edjamakated

Zelda Wii: Does it need to change?

Why does no one ever make fun of Link for wearing a skirt?

'Cuz he isn't?

If that's your definition, you should be making fun of everyone in the army:

dsc00726.jpg

Anyhows, I don't really understand IGN for calling the girl "generic". And how this is a darker Link than ever is also beyond me. He's the same as in the concept art for Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.

Why does no one ever make fun of Link for wearing a skirt?

i did once and a very good troll it was too.

Is anyone else worried that the concept art implies the same graphics engine as TP. Also isnt it a spoiler. wheres my spoiler thread.

I'd hardly call the first ever picture of the new Zelda a spoiler!

It's Blender...

Is anyone else worried that the concept art implies the same graphics engine as TP.

It wouldn't have taken 3 years if they were using the same engine. Its going to be more like 4 by the time this actually comes out.

Regarding graphical styles, I just wanted to say that cel-shading needs processing power just as much as the "realistic" style. Look at Punch Out on the Wii - it has several layers of shading, whereas Wind Waker only has one.

Furthermore, cel-shading only became viable with Dreamcast and GameCube levels of hardware. As far as I'm aware, the DS can't actually do it. Look at how vastly inferior Phantom Hourglass is to Wind Waker. I just don't see why this style should be confined to handhelds.

And as others have pointed out, using cel-shading doesn't mean you can't have Adult Link. I would agree that console Zelda games should star Adult Link and perhaps Young Link on the handhelds, but this does not affect graphical style.

Now personally, I would be happy if Zelda Wii was cel-shaded, realistic or a new style. However, my preference would be to leave Celda to the Wii 2. I'd love to have that "Wind Waker" feeling again, where I'm amazed at what a new console can do.

One reason I'd like realistic graphics on the Wii, is that there is a sense of "unfinished business" with Twilight Princess. I know I'd love to see a game that more resembled the "Legend of Zelda 2004" trailer, with the vast landscapes and 3D forests.

At this stage, I honestly wouldn't mind if the next Zelda just tweaked the Twilight Princess engine. It seems to me the sensible thing to do is to develop an engine for a new console, then reuse it for one game. Ocarina and Majora were exactly right. Then, I wish we'd have had Wind Waker 2 on the GameCube, leaving two "realistic" games for the Wii, and back to cel-shading for the Wii 2. That's just my preference.

Twilight Princess really got them out of sync and my one concern about this game is the timing of it. My concern is that they might develop it on Wii, then have to have it as a Wii 2 game, and then get stuck in this cycle.

As I postedcin the Roundtable thread:

Whilst people complained about Wind Wakers Toon-like cel shading which compliment young Link,

Surely people wouldn't object if Nintendo went for a more gritty style of cel-shading for this older Link's world...

prince-of-persia-20080527114804970_640w.jpg

prince-of-persia-20081126005237417_640w.jpg

Obviously those examples couldn't be achieved on Wii, but you get the idea.

I'm not sure where to post this but decided this was the best place. While brushing my teeth it came to my mind that it is somewhat boring to always see Ganon as the bad guy in most of the "big" Zelda titles.

It would be cool if he would be in more of a grey area than pure evil, after all the Gods gave him part of the Triforce and in WW he has already been more emotional.

So I was thinking that he could appear as a "guardian spirit" to Link, a bit like the golden wolf in TP and that you only gradually learn that this is Ganon helping you out. If done right you get emotionally attached to that spirit and throughout the game you discover more and more that he should be your nemesis and yet is helping you, but also to achieve his goals and that he will backstab you in the end. So you still have to trust him but always be on your guard or that it actually end with Ganon helping you or sacrificing himself for Hyrule.

Maybe tie a "bigger evil threatens Hyrule" story around it, and this sub plot would be good to go.

I'm not sure where to post this but decided this was the best place. While brushing my teeth it came to my mind that it is somewhat boring to always see Ganon as the bad guy in most of the "big" Zelda titles.

It would be cool if he would be in more of a grey area than pure evil, after all the Gods gave him part of the Triforce and in WW he has already been more emotional.

So I was thinking that he could appear as a "guardian spirit" to Link, a bit like the golden wolf in TP and that you only gradually learn that this is Ganon helping you out. If done right you get emotionally attached to that spirit and throughout the game you discover more and more that he should be your nemesis and yet is helping you, but also to achieve his goals and that he will backstab you in the end. So you still have to trust him but always be on your guard or that it actually end with Ganon helping you or sacrificing himself for Hyrule.

Maybe tie a "bigger evil threatens Hyrule" story around it, and this sub plot would be good to go.

I hear you, Ganondorf should get an even more interesting role in the zelda-serie other than BIG BAD 'I WANT I ALL' kind o' guy.

Wouldn't it be awesome if he actually was someone's puppet! (sort of like in SSBB)

He isn't the most evil man on their planet, something else has summoned him!:o

Give us Onox and Veran!

Am I correct in thinking that there is only 1 living male Gerudo at any one time, so that the Gerudo's are all women but 1, that 1 being Ganondorf..?

Well if so, this idea has just popped into my head... for whatever reason!

Time has passed since Ganondorf's demise, with his death however, the balance of the Triforce has been upset. Nobody weilds the Triforce of Power any longer and as a result the other Triforce Pieces have dispersed from their respective weilders.

They are not lost however. After time the Triforce found new hosts. The Triforces of Power and Wisdom are now weilded by people with their own ambitions, people that do not harbour ideals for Hyrule as a nation.

The Triforce of Courage has also found a host, a host named Link.

Link, however, is not as we expect.

Link now stands as the lone male of the Gerudo Clan!

Link must prove himself to the Clan as he reaches the age of adulthood and so sets off on a journey to prove his worth.

As he arrives in Hyrule all is not as it usually is. Something is amiss and so he investigates... in doing so he meets a certain man, this man has a certain quality about him, something that Link relates to. It is a quality they both share... but not the only thing they share; this man's name is also Link!

The Legendary Hero takes you under his wing and guides you on your quest to save Hyrule and finally gain the recognition that the Gerudo Clan really deserve! To be accepted as a province of Hyrule and to be known as it's people.

Am I correct in thinking that there is only 1 living male Gerudo at any one time, so that the Gerudo's are all women but 1, that 1 being Ganondorf..?

Time has passed since Ganondorf's demise, with his death however, the balance of the Triforce has been upset. Nobody weilds the Triforce of Power any longer and as a result the other Triforce Pieces have dispersed from their respective weilders.

They are not lost however. After time the Triforce found new hosts. The Triforces of Power and Wisdom are now weilded by people with their own ambitions, people that do not harbour ideals for Hyrule as a nation.

Link must prove himself to the Clan as he reaches the age of adulthood and so sets off on a journey to prove his worth.

As he arrives in Hyrule all is not as it usually is. Something is amiss and so he investigates... in doing so he meets a certain man, this man has a certain quality about him, something that Link relates to. It is a quality they both share... but not the only thing they share; this man's name is also Link!

The Legendary Hero takes you under his wing and guides you on your quest to save Hyrule and finally gain the recognition that the Gerudo Clan really deserve! To be accepted as a province of Hyrule and to be known as it's people.

Thats quiet fricking cool!

Ability-wise, he would have the cunning and stealth of a thief, giving him more dynamic attacks like dashing or acrobatics. IMAGINE! A Link wielding dual scimitars!!! :o Almost Zora Link like. Also having an expansive desert outset would be a great change.

Also, his traversing around Hyrule could cause some xenophobic backlashes, as the people remember the stories of what the last Gerudo male had done. So it is as if you start off as the villain while gradually claiming hero status.

Appearance-wise, ok... Link doesn't have to be so brown if traditionlists will be against it... He could be a tan shade, especially given the fact that Gerudo women seek out Hyrulian men. The link between Gerudo and Hyrulian is already there... That would be a bloody great perspective.

Thank you Kav :)

ALSO, given that this Link is essential a boy king, some dungeons or segments of the game could be based on royal trials which the Gerudo king must face.

Edited by King_V

Not sure about some of it, but there something about that that I really like!

Having a tribe of women all to yourself? ;)

No, seriously, it's an appealing idea. I like the idea of the person who looks like Link not necessarily being the Hero of Time.

I'm thinking now I'd like to see a Zelda game based on the great war, where you play as the father of OoT link.

What is the danger?

What is the danger?

The 2 new hosts of the Triforces of Power and Wisdom!

Facing off against both the Triforces of Power AND Wisdom would make for an epic battle!

Edited by Kav

'Cuz he isn't?

If that's your definition, you should be making fun of everyone in the army

It's more like a long nightgown, but with a belt.

Having a more Dark Link focused storyline could be interesting, I know they've done it with Samus, and kinda with Mario.

Maybe like Prince of Persia, how the Dark Prince momentarily takes over, with some new abilities.

It's more like a long nightgown, but with a belt.

Having a more Dark Link focused storyline could be interesting, I know they've done it with Samus, and kinda with Mario.

Maybe like Prince of Persia, how the Dark Prince momentarily takes over, with some new abilities.

I'll argue that wolf Link was advertised as being this 'darker' side of Link. Especially given that he transforms.

I'm actually over interested in Kav's and my take on Gerudo Link.... I mean, just imagine! ...Just ima....*drooooool*

I'll argue that wolf Link was advertised as being this 'darker' side of Link. Especially given that he transforms.

And I won't dispute that, but I was feeling more of an actual looking like Link-ish.

And I won't dispute that, but I was feeling more of an actual looking like Link-ish.

With that said... I would LOVE to see the Fierce Deity in Wii glory!

miyamoto interview!:

- how different will Zelda Wii be when compared to other Zelda titles? “I don’t think it’s going to be that radically different.”

http://www.aeropause.com/2009/07/read-a-long-with-nintendo-power-244-august-2009/

wow miyamoto... what you gonna do this time.. change the graphic style and mode of tranportation and hope for the best AGAIN!..

jesus when miyamoto says its not going to be radically different except twilight princess in a new box.

so this answers the thread basically... hes soooo going to rehash the same thing again :)

I think I'd like to wait and see what context he said it in before I jump to conclusions. But honestly, if they just made another Zelda with the old formula, maybe with a different map, we'd probably all still buy it.

Sign in to follow this