NEurope
Paj!

Empire's Cryptic Canvas. No penguins here.

http://www.empireonline.com/crypticcanvas/

Similar to one Virgin did with bands/artists, this is a game of "spot the movies". Plus you don't have to do it in one sitting.

Currently on 35/50.

Wacky variation in difficulty/obviousness. Don't post too many spoilers!

I hate you for posting this. Not what I need with A levels next week. On a rather poathetic 13 thus far, I can do better

33 thus far, no help whatsoever.

Stuck completely on the group of adults and children near the middle, the knight and the one that screams obvious, but I can't get, the king and the sharks. And obviously others too.

I was most proud that I got the one that has the bell diving into the pool...

Really? I thought that was really obvious...

In other news, I gave up and looked up the answers. To my credit, they were all films I'd never seen, except 1, and after you finish, it mentions how intentionally hard it was.

Heh I've only managed to do 22 so far, really find some of these very hard to do (and probably haven't seen most of them anyway). =P

Edited by Eenuh

I'm on 24. I should be studying.

Really? I thought that was really obvious...

Well I thought The Dark Knight and Scream were both obvious too...

i'm on 38 and the rest are all really, really annoying me. I have no idea about the book mince/shredding just yet.

The king/sharks are two separate ones, in case you were bamboozled too much by it -- I haven't got the king one yet.

lol. just got the family one. Well, one of TWO! Doi.

I can only manage five of them. I'm completely stuck.

Edit: six....and more.

Got 49, looked up the last one because it was doing my head in. What an utterly shit clue, never would have guessed it in a million years.

damn I was hoping to be first to win :P on 41, getting the odd eureka moment. WILL NOT QUIT.

i'm on 38 and the rest are all really, really annoying me. I have no idea about the book mince/shredding just yet.

I semi-facepalmed myself at that one, but then, it's a misleading clue in a way.

Got 49, looked up the last one because it was doing my head in. What an utterly shit clue, never would have guessed it in a million years.

I'm pretty sure I know the one you mean!

Yeah, the book woman thing was a proper WOOOO moment when it clicked :D I love these things. Feeling utterly lost now, though.

Did anyone else see the music one Virgin (think it was them) did a while back? Never completed it, but it wasn't set up to be played. Otherwsie exact same premise. I'll try to find it.

EDIT: virgin_digital.jpg

In this one I find

Gorilaz

U2

Led Zepplin

Pixies

Nirvana

Eagles

Rolling Stones

Hole

Garbage

Guns'n'Roses

White Snake

White Zombie

Smashing Pumpkins

Matchbox 20

Spoon

Alice In Chains

Blur

Radiohead

Iron Maiden

The Doors

Kiss

Green Day

Scissor Sisters

Television?

Eminem?

Postal Service?

Edited by Paj!
Automerged Doublepost

42... Which one did you not crack, Noodlemeister?

The 3 women who are beating up the person on the floor.

Did anyone else see the music one Virgin (think it was them) did a while back? Never completed it, but it wasn't set up to be played. Otherwsie exact same premise. I'll try to find it.

EDIT: virgin_digital.jpg

That one was a bit brilliant. I seem to remember being less rubbish at it than I am at this films one... I'll refrain from trying again though, too addictive.

Up to a still not that impressive 20 on the films... a few suddenly clciked which are stupidly easy.

Couldn't sleep so I decided to do some more. Am now on 37. I thought of one of them while doing other stuff tonight, and suddenly it just clicked in my brain, heh.

Am really quite stuck on the rest now though. Starting to annoy me, heh. *might try some more*

Edited by Eenuh

The 3 women who are beating up the person on the floor.

Awesum, not just me :P Turns out I was misspelling the pirate one (doi!), so it's a 43 for me. Not giving up YET! It's a background tab for the rest of today.

got it working.

This is ace. Proper Hard too- though guessing the instruments by the wall produced a full on 'Hoorah!' from this typist.

Watching a film on BBC One last night which gave me the answer to one so I'm up to 18 now.

Not doing too well.

Watching a film on BBC One last night which gave me the answer to one so I'm up to 18 now.

Not doing too well.

Likewise... I'm on 23 and have decided to give it up, I doubt I've seen a lot of these. :heh: