N-Europe

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Choze

Ostensibly it's very similar to the original Bad Company, but the things that have changed make such a dramatic difference.

The actual gunplay feels better — a mix of better handling and proper ADS for each weapon — and enemies no longer take an entire clip to the chest. The destructibility is more granular and interesting. Pretty much everything you do is rewarded with XP, greatly encouraging teamwork. There's more to unlock and greater diversity within each class. The netcode is better. Pistols are incredibly useful and the knife attack is really satisfying.

If you got any enjoyment out of BFBC or 1943, this is that but better in pretty much every conceivable way.

If it handles different I'm definitely interested. The first Bad Company just felt wrong somehow, like you were playing with toy soldiers rather than real ones (or something like that).

Hmm... but to get it on 360 or PC? Looks like the PC community is going mad for it!

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazon will be shipping this on Thursday, I think, so it should arrive on Friday at the latest. If not, I'll hate.

Might have a mate at home as well, but he'll probably play, too. So I guess we'll meet online TysOnToast (and hopefully some more).

Edit: My headset will be back in my possession by then. You'll have the honor of listening to a Germany guy speaking rubbish English and cursing the hell out of everyone - if you wish.

Edited by drahkon

I'd be up for some games on friday. What time is everyone thinking. I can probably be on from 9:45 PM to late GMT.

That's just the prologue to the campaign, apparently the new weaponry is noticeable in the next level.

I know. I wasn't even saying that part was a bad thing.

I don't think there actually are any new weapons in the game though. Unless you mean new as in modern.

I'd be up for some games on friday. What time is everyone thinking. I can probably be on from 9:45 PM to late GMT.

Hm, I live in a different time zone (GMT +1) so it'll be later here, but I guess can be online from 9:45 PM (GMT) as well.

If you pre-order the EU edition you don't get the 2 bonus maps like you do with the US one do you?

I'd personally like to have every map there is without a fee for them later.

Currently I'm just picking up a copy from Tesco on the day.

I actually live in GMT -6, I just converted the time to GMT.

I thought you did get the code to get the maps in the EU version. In the US version they're actually on the disk, and you just need to type in the code to unlock them. I doubt they would be different like that.

Thing is, in none of the pre-order sites does it say you get access to maps. Just weapon unlocks.

They're not a pre-order incentive, there's a code in the box of every new copy of the game. It's the same as the Cerberus Network programme for Mass Effect 2: if you buy new you get a code to access further content at no extra charge, if you buy the game used/rent it you can purchase a pass for this content.

Ordered my copy today. Hopefully it comes on Friday, but if not then I'm not too fussed. It's still a lot cheaper than buying in town (£24 instead of £40).

£24? Is that the PC version?

Where from?

Or are you trading in games to reduce the price?

?????

I'm getting this odd glitch when I connect to the multiplayer now. None of my unlocks (besides the limited edition ones) are present when I connect to a game. I've been able to solve it sometimes by exiting out of the game and re-joining, but that doesn't seem to be working either anymore. I'm guessing this is server side, as the same thing happened with BC1 the weekend before the PS3 beta came out due to them transferring some of the servers to the beta.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!