NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Eenuh

Your Ultimate Dream House

Alright, so I got this idea while txting to Jim/Flinky. He was apparently watching a tv show about people building their dream house, and he asked me what I would have in mine. Which made me remember I actually have a document somewhere on my computer about what I think I would need in my future house. Of course changes of achieving all of this are really small, but that's why it's called a dream house, no?

So yeah, here's my list of what I want in my future house, even though that list is very much from being complete (and lots of it is really practical stuff, haha). Plus I wrote this quite some time ago so it's funny to read back. =P

Ine's Ultimate Dream House

- make sure the walls are not paper thin; brick walls are best!

- solar panels are our friends, really (so save up for them!)

- you know what sounds cool? A fireplace (though it could be one of those fake ones? I dunno)

- house in a forest or forest-like location would be the best thing everrrr

- if there is a basement, make sure it’s waterproof

- actually, you need a basement, and an attic, cause it means there’s more room to store crap!

- make sure there’s a guest room

- a place to work (especially me with my art stuff); a room where nothing else is done but work

- a gaming room? Or at least make it so the living room is big enough to have games played in there (just store them in some big cabinet)

- one of those big closets where you can walk in and stuff; dressing room!

- shower –and- a bathtub are both needed, as two separate things

- make sure the kitchen is practical to use, and has enough storage room

- dining room should be big enough to have a nice (dinner) party in there!

Now tell me, what would you like to have in your future house?

CLICK

Not a "dream house", but I'd love the luxury of a house like that, in a place with the same atmosphere the series has. Kinda light but soothing. I think I love it because I want to be in that interesting family though, too.

I designed/drew up plans for my dream home while I was studying architectural tech at college. Got the idea after seeing/staying at this house in portugal. It's hard to explain what it looks like so I'll see if I can upload an image of my design. Would love to see it built but if I can't have that I'll just go and buy the one in Portugal. So yeh, I'll edit this later when I upload a picture.

I'd have a room dedicated to each of my hobbies and interests:

Room 1: Gaming room

Huge plasma telly surrounded by all the consoles I have. Very comfortable chair.

One side of the room lined with Guitar Hero guitars. Another with the ion Rock Band drum kit safely packed away, which I bring out whenever I fancy a bash.

Some hand tape in there as well for when I play, I don't want any blisters.

A box of tissues in a glass case for the emergency that a blister doth pop.

Room 2: Guitar-ing

Pictures on the wall of random Rock Gods: Ozzy, Iommi, Butler, Ward; Halford, Downing, Tipton; Hendrix; Cobain; Grohl; Homme; Yorke, Greenwood, Greenwood, O'Brien, Selway; Buckley. You get the idea.

Many guitars lining the walls of the room. Amps that go up to 11. One guitar I will never play and will not allow anybody to touch or go near. Four Gretsch White Falcon guitars. Hundreds of effects pedals and a crate full of picks so I never run out.

A box of tissues in a glass case for the emergency of injuring myself and need some stuff to clean up the blood.

Room 3: Football

Claret & Blue coloured walls with a mural of Villa Park painted on one wall. Framed shirts of Villa legends and pictures of all the trophy-winning squads through the 135 years of Villa's existence.

A fuck-off massive plasma screen and fridge-freezers full of snacks and stuff.

And a box of tissues in a glass case for the emergency of Villa losing to the Bluenoses across the city. I could never stomach that...

Room 4: Japan

In a traditional Japanese-themed room, where my ever-growing anime collection will dwell on shelves all across the walls. Random posters and figures of anime characters with eyes so big Paj will have nightmares about.

A fuck-off massive plasma screen and fridge-freezers full of snacks and stuff.

And a box of tissues in a glass case for the emergency of when I'm watching Clannad and my damn eyes start leaking salty water. Goddammit.

The other rooms will be your usual types of room in a typical large house. And a bedroom with en-suite.

I don't have a "dream" house as such, but I know how I like things to be. I don't need rooms for all my activities - I'd be happy with a kitchen, a bathroom, and then a place where I spend the rest of my time, like my own corner - just, y'know, larger. I'd collect all the things I need around me:

• A bed
  • A TV
  • A DVD player
  • My gaming consoles
  • A table for my papers and laptop
  • Many power outlets and cables
  • And finally many, MANY shelves for all my books, games, DVDs and CDs

This is a good thread, and wasn't really expecting it, haha. Glad to see I can be of some use. :D

My favourite house of all time and my ideal house is the house from the Don't Look Back in Anger video. Also, it's the same house on the front cover of the Be Here Now album:

oasis_2.jpg

First of all, look at the location. It's very green, because of the trees in the background and the grass at the back. I've never had a house with a proper garden, so that would be the first thing on my list.

For the outside, I'd love to have flowers, like roses or just something colourful growing. Flowers can just brighten things up, and I love colour. :)

For the back garden, it would be amazing to have a fountain, or a pond of some sort, with fishes there.

Ine's got a very nice house and it feels very open. A lot of the houses I've been in feel very closed off, like a small selection of rooms, so I like rooms that are big and act as the main room, like a hub. Think of the house off the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, a nice big open living room like that. Also, a spiral staircase is a must. I've always fancied having one of those. :D

The kitchen and bathroom are both very important to me. I'd like them to be sleek, yet practical. The kitchen I have in my house at the moment is awesome, because it's big, has a lot of surfaces and cupboards, yet it all feels quite tidy. A nice bluey or wooden effect would be great. With the bathroom, I'd definitely love to have both a biiig bath and a shower, and also a place like a cabinet (with a mirror) where you can keep your shaving stuffs. Having to shower in the bath is a bit strange, so I'd love a proper stand in shower, with a sliding door and stuff. :)

I've always fancied having a fishtank in the bathroom or toilet, but built into the wall if that makes sense. So, kinda like the wall is the tank, and it's not on a table top surface or anything. It would be nice to sit on the loo or in the shower and be able to see these fishes there. :)

For additional rooms, I think having a room with a big snooker table or gym stuff would be most awesome. I'd definitely get a lot of use out of it, so I'd love to have that. But, I wouldn't want a games room. The living room is the hub of the house, so I'd have to have a nice tidy cabinet or shelves with my games consoles and games, dvds, cds and stuff displayed. They are there to be used in the living room, so that's where I'd keep them. Also a bookcase in the corner of the living room would go down great!

One thing I would ask though is for a music room, or a studio of some kind with sound-proofing, just so I could have my drum kit there. That would be brilliant, especially if it was maybe in an "out-house" so not firmly attached to the house, but close by so you could go there every day. :D

A workspace area where I could sit comfortably and work when I needed to would be good, too. It would be a place where I could store all the stuff I needed, like files or papers, to save other areas getting cluttered.

In the bedroom, I'd like to have a huuuuge bed, because I think the bed is the most important part of that room. Sure, a big wardrobe would be great, but the bed needs to be spacious and comfortable, because everyone needs to sleep well. What I'd also love is if one wall was a huge window, which you could slide open and step onto a balcony overlooking the garden. That would be special. A window in the ceiling would also be great, because you could look at the stars at night before you go to sleep.

Finally, a telescope! That could go on the balcony maybe, or perhaps in the attic. :D Yeah, an attic or basement would be great, but they'd need to be used properly. I'd have the attic for geeky stuff, like a telescope, or a place where you can just come to listen to music. You'd sit there and put a cd into the player, and lights would illuminate the room. :D How cool is that?!

If you ever get that house, Flink, could I be your room... uh, house-mate? :heh:

Haha, I'll probably never even come close to be actually being able to construct anything like that. But, I'll consider you. Obviously, I'd have to ask the female, though. :heh:

Haha, I'll probably never even come close to be actually being able to construct anything like that. But, I'll consider you. Obviously, I'd have to ask the female, though. :heh:

Nah, don't bother. I'll just be that annoying guy who barges in at all times uninvited and makes himself at home. :p

After some thought i dont want a huge house anymore. Its just more to clean and keep cool.

I do want a full sound-proof basement with a bar area, pool table, pinball machine and an indoor jacuzzi and maybe some excercise equipment to hang my towels on

That isnt too much to ask is it?

Im also interested in these natural swimming pools

expanding-horizons-lg.jpg

experience05_02.jpg

mystical forest creatures are essential!!

i'd just love to have somewhere with a nice garden, but not TOO well-kept... i like a few pretty wild flowers and overgrowing things...

and inside? i dont care really... a well-stocked kitchen, a nice bathroom with a big bath and a great shower (i'd LOVE a clean version of the bathroom i had in japan... haha. the whole room was tiled with like, swimming-pool tiles, so the whole room was one big walk-in shower with the bath sunk into the floor..) and a GIANT bed upstairs ~ i dont care if i'm alone in this house... i just want a huge bad to stretch out in!! :grin:

+the occasional sootsprite. makkurokuroski.

Not really bothered, I really dislike decorating and lots of big rooms would be a pain.

I wouldnt mind a very small house with a very big piece of land. A big oak tree is a must, as well as some space to grow some crops. I'd have lots of chickens running around and there would be a few wild rabbits grazing on the grass.:heh:

Oddly enough, I just did a Facebook top 5 thing for what would be in my ideal house. I came up with:

Firemans Pole

Drawing Room

Blimp Dock

Ghost Maid

Secret Underground Laboratory

"Shall we take the blimp today darling?"

"Of course not, I'm a fucking ghost. I can't leave the house"

"Oh yes, I shall take the firemans pole to the Lab immediately to find the cure for your chronic deadness. Don't forget to clean the Drawing Room"

Now that's living.

Keeping to the constraints of reality, if I won the lottery, I'd just buy a house with the biggest storage for cars. Ideally it would just be a giant garage with an indoor balcony bit for the bedroom/living area. Cars are more important to me than a house. You can sleep in a car, but you can't drive a house. :grin:

This coincides nicely with me having just bought an apartment the other day...

One main room, kitchen, bathroom, two bedrooms, one with balcony! It's pretty compact, but big enough for two!

Need a gaming room, where you have a massive HDTV for films and games with real comfy Lazyboy chairs like in Friends A really soft corner sofa is a must too though for when you want to snuggle. Also need an entertainment room with pool table, dart board, stereo system and bar. A vegas like poker table would be nice in there too as i like to play card and board games with familly.

A swimming pool would be nice, like the one posted above, not just a hole in the floor. Smoking balconies would be ideal for the house too. One thing i was thinking of the other day when i was thirsty was a line of soft drink fountains. Like all my favourite drinks on tap, that comes out ice cold. Coke, Dr Pepper, Mountain Dew, Lilt... i could go on. Yeah, i'd blow a lot of money on that. That would make me very happy. I'd have to have a guy come out and keep them stocked up though at all times.

Not too bothered about kitchens. Dont use them :p

Bathroom should have heated floor tiles and seperate shower and bath, plus nice big mirrors.

Bedroom just needs a nice bed. Not fussy about that. TV at the foot would be nice though.

I think those things would make me pretty happy. I'll never afford anything to that affect though. The gaming and entertainment rooms are the prioty! The most important thing though is that it feels like home. And is suitable for pets! We want a doggy and a kitty and a rabbit after all.

Edited by Jav_NE

I discussed in detail and designed a dream house with a friend, it was huge, in a T shape, where the trail of the T is a large glass room covering a swimming pool. It had an obsidian marble table which rises out of the floor in the dining room, and a bar by the pool which is set underground but with a big glass opening pane to the pool, my inspiration for this bar came from the game Leisure Suit Larry 6, and I'd have it if I had the money

There were countless other features, including a sweet underground garage with a hidden entrance so you feel like a badass driving into your secret mansion.

well, if this was a dream house, I would have one HUUUUGE room. inside this masterful room I would have life size fully usable replicas of every track from the original mario kart. Jumps would have a magical transparent and VERY strong and durable road placed in the appropriate place, to give the illusion of a "jump". There would be a range of karts, sporting the appropriate top speed/grip/acceleration capacities of the in game karts, and they would have a matching helmet which would be fashioned to look like the appropriate characters head. I would live in this track for the remainder of my life, racing with my buddies, or if they decide they need to live a real life, hired racers. These hired racers would be replaced should they consistently fail to challenge me, or should I feel that they have comprehensively beaten me at any point. or if I feel like replacing them for any other reason.

Sign in to follow this