NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

Oops... I just got my Jirachi but for some unknown reason my DS date was set to yesterday O.o so it's registered as being received on 25/06 instead of the correct date, ah well.

Awesome. :D I got my Jirachi, so pleased. :)

I got two one on Heart Gold and one on Pearl. Only Platinum wouldn't accept it because I have too many Wonder cards already.

Awesome. :D I got my Jirachi, so pleased. :)

I got two one on Heart Gold and one on Pearl. Only Platinum wouldn't accept it because I have too many Wonder cards already.

You can have too many wonder cards? wtf how does that work...

Well that's a bit... shit... because naturally you're gonna want to get every event Pokemon that's up for download, so I'm guessing this means that now I have both Notch-Eared Pichu and now Jirachi, I can't get any further DLC Pokemon? or at least certain ones anyway... that sucks if so.

Delete the wonder cards in the Mystery Gift option! You're supposed to do it once you actually collect the Pokemon any way. Any thing downloaded and collected from the Pokemart and saved won't vanish if the Wondercard is deleted afterwards.

Got my first Jirachi :) Going get two more later today.

Also got a flying Pickachu that I was wondering if I should EV train. It has timid nature and supposed IVs of 30 / 10 - 16 / 7 - 13 / 20 - 26 / 20 - 26 / 0 - 6

SpA looks great and the lack of speed can be made up by the nature. Should I bother? Just too bad flying is physical. The surfing one is impish :(

Anyone up for an online battle? Would like to use my EV trained Pokemon again.

Got my first Jirachi :) Going get two more later today.

Also got a flying Pickachu that I was wondering if I should EV train. It has timid nature and supposed IVs of 30 / 10 - 16 / 7 - 13 / 20 - 26 / 20 - 26 / 0 - 6

SpA looks great and the lack of speed can be made up by the nature. Should I bother? Just too bad flying is physical. The surfing one is impish :(

Anyone up for an online battle? Would like to use my EV trained Pokemon again.

Ah mate i would love to (i EV train too) but I bloody spilt water on my DS and it's broken :nono:

Whats your squad? Gonna try and borrow my girlfriends DS to play on :heh:

Starmie, Alakazam, Kangashkan, Machamp, Arcanine and Heracross :) Not too found of Kangashkan so I will probably switch him out if I decide to train Pikachu.

Why would I need one? I only use them for online matches.

Starmie, Alakazam, Kangashkan, Machamp, Arcanine and Heracross :) Not too found of Kangashkan so I will probably switch him out if I decide to train Pikachu.

So we both use Starmie, Arcanine and Heracross ;)

I've tend to also use Jolteon, Skarmory, Tauros, Dragonite, Weavile and Dusclops too, though messed up Tauros' EV training somehow :/

Edit: Oo also, despite my DS being broken i'm pretty sure that there is an online simulator we could possibly battle on?

Edited by Goron_3

Yeah, sure if anyone knows of one. Online on the DS doesn't work very well with me. I don't know the IVs of my Pokemons though.

Yeah, sure if anyone knows of one. Online on the DS doesn't work very well with me. I don't know the IVs of my Pokemons though.

Oh IVs, I had a Milotic in my squad and after EV training it to level 100 i soon discovered it's IV's in defense and HP were about 3 each. FML. I'll check this online simulator out, I rememebr someone mentioning it on Serebii's forums and apparently its really good.

Thanks. Trying it out now. Goron, I'm on the Smogon University server with the nick Tales N-E. Entering my data now. I'm just leaving the IVs at 31 and lv 100 for all.

Right let me try and work this shit out!

Edit: Tales this could take me 10, i need to remember what EVs and what moves my mon had :/

Edited by Goron_3

Can anyone borrow me SoulSilver Groudon? Need it to catch Rayqaza or whatever it's called.

Yay, I finally picked up SoulSilver. I'm rolling with my Jirachi, at level 42 while my Bayleaf lies forgotten at level 17.

I am a bad trainer...

Nintendo have just announced that starting this Friday, October 15th, a new WiFi event will be running in America and Europe to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the release of Pokémon Gold & Pokémon Silver. This WiFi event will allow for the download of a Mew. This Mew is Level 5 and has no special moves and doesn't unlock anything further within the games but comes in the Cherish Ball and is the first event Pokémon with the Premier Ribbon. The ribbon, like the Classic Ribbon, prevents it from being traded on the GTS. It will run from October 15th 2010 to October 30th 2010.

Nintendo have just announced that starting this Friday, October 15th, a new WiFi event will be running in America and Europe to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the release of Pokémon Gold & Pokémon Silver. This WiFi event will allow for the download of a Mew. This Mew is Level 5 and has no special moves and doesn't unlock anything further within the games but comes in the Cherish Ball and is the first event Pokémon with the Premier Ribbon. The ribbon, like the Classic Ribbon, prevents it from being traded on the GTS. It will run from October 15th 2010 to October 30th 2010.

Cool thanks for the info.

Major thread bump - and apologies.

But I am currently replaying this as I wanted a Pokemon fix before B/W2.

Anyways, I am just about to battle the Elite 4 before Kanto so have been levelling my Pokemon up to lv 50 in a patch of grass just before the Victory Road entrance.

Been running through the grass and levelling up for about an hour (slowly ha) and I came across as shiny Ponyta!!

tumblr_m27iwqsV641rnoskf.png

It's beautiful :D

Anyway - my question is - if this evolves does it stay shiny? Also, same with trading it. If I trade it over to my B/W2 and evolve it will it be shiny? Probably stupid silly questions - but just wanna make sure from those in the know.

Thanks!

Anyway - my question is - if this evolves does it stay shiny? Also, same with trading it. If I trade it over to my B/W2 and evolve it will it be shiny?

Yes and yes.

(Shiny Rapidash is nowhere near as beautiful, though...)

078.png