NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

Guys where the hell can I get a Fire Stone from? Just got my 12th badge and damn does my Growlithe need to evolve :(

You get it in Kanto in the route above Misty's gym. You actually have to show the man there a Growlithe to get the fire stone! First you need to show him one or two Pokemon(and get stones for them too) before he asks for the Growlithe though.

Wow, is that really the case? What's the point of being able to catch pokemon and training them if you can't evolve them before you complete the game?

Guys where the hell can I get a Fire Stone from? Just got my 12th badge and damn does my Growlithe need to evolve :(

I've done some research and you can actually buy a Fire Stone from the Athlete Shop if you compete in the Pokeathlon (next to the National Park).. It is available on Tuesdays for 2500 points.

He has 12 badges meaning he is already in Kanto. He can just use his bike or flying pokemon and be there in less than a minute. Getting 2500 at Pokeathlon is as least an hour or two of work.

Edited by Tales

121.png157.png181.png212.png196.png149.png

Starmie is a later addition at Level 56 while my other Pokes are at level 67. Gotta get to level 75 before challenging RED again. Before the Starmie I had a Dewgong but it's poor Overall stats apart from HP made me realize I needed something better.

Ok my new mission. I've been saving watts the passed two days but not done many steps. Today I went on a trek to get my 10,000 steps and hit over 1000w.

Time to find one of those surfing or flying Pikachus. 1000 watts should give me 100 attempts, my the laws of Serebii's percentages I should find 3. I'll either get bored or run out of watts, wish me luck.

Edited by Ramar

How do you even know when you find a Surfing or Flying Pikachu on the Pokewalker? I'm assuming the sprites are different and I just haven't seen one yet.

How do you even know when you find a Surfing or Flying Pikachu on the Pokewalker? I'm assuming the sprites are different and I just haven't seen one yet.

If you get a !!! bush its definitely one of the grade A pokémon which in this case is either surfing or flying pikachu.

I've wasted 600w and still not seen a !!! bush... I decided to catch a !! one because I read that there's a slight chance it could be one. And they're hard to come by. I'll probably crap myself if I see a !!!, or it'll be flying when I want surfing. :nono:

EDIT - FML!!!!!!!!!!! Ragggee. Litterally a minute or two after posting I get a !!! knock it down to 2 bars and the f****r ran away. ;_;

Edit 2 - Bugger me, like London busses. Just caught one!! From anger to joy in minutes. It's a surfer, yay!

Edited by Ramar

You can get one in Route 25 as stated, by one in the Pokéathlon Dome on certain days, it's a Bug Catching Contest prize and a trainer will call and give you one randomly

Right thanks for that guys :) Gonna go down the route of showing the guy north of mistys gym those pokemon he wants so badly.

People on here seem to have some pretty good teams, we will defo need to have an n-europe tourny once everyone has time to focus on a proper squad.

If you get a !!! bush its definitely one of the grade A pokémon which in this case is either surfing or flying pikachu.

I've wasted 600w and still not seen a !!! bush... I decided to catch a !! one because I read that there's a slight chance it could be one. And they're hard to come by. I'll probably crap myself if I see a !!!, or it'll be flying when I want surfing. :nono:

EDIT - FML!!!!!!!!!!! Ragggee. Litterally a minute or two after posting I get a !!! knock it down to 2 bars and the f****r ran away. ;_;

Edit 2 - Bugger me, like London busses. Just caught one!! From anger to joy in minutes. It's a surfer, yay!

Its a fucking pain getting those rare Pikachu's.. got both, but want to catch my own surfing Pikachu like I did for my flying one, although finding one on GTS was amusing, look out for the Lum Berries..

He has 12 badges meaning he is already in Kanto. He can just use his bike or flying pokemon and be there in less than a minute. Getting 2500 at Pokeathlon is as least an hour or two of work.

Yeah, but the info was mainly for me and anybody else who doesn't want to get to Kanto before they can evolve their Growlithes. I was just pointing it out if he had missed the opportunity earlier in the game and not realised it.

Got a flying Pikachu after 7800 steps and spending only 80 watts ^^

I had a full team and I didn't know I could switch out Pokemon so I stopped there. I'll try for the surfing one some other day.

Edited by Tales

Finally started the game. Like it, a little clunky to control but like it. I've just got my first badge after 3 hours, find it really easy so far. Worried at how much stuff there is in the game and how much time it's going to eat up :)

Put a shit pokemon in the pokewalker and see what I can do with that tomorrow.

Is there anyone who has also just got the first badge who may be up for battling trading?!

I've still yet to use my Pokewalker. May do it later if I pop to Tescos. You just bung it in and load the option from the main menu yes? Then sort it out, walk about and play with it when in the confides of your own home?

I've still yet to use my Pokewalker. May do it later if I pop to Tescos. You just bung it in and load the option from the main menu yes? Then sort it out, walk about and play with it when in the confides of your own home?

Pretty much

Got this at release and loooovin' it. All that nostalgia is hitting me in the face. In a good way! Been taking my sweet time though, apparently taken me about 70 hours to get 8 badges. I blame that Entei and Raikou, combined with my obsession at getting them in normal Poké Balls.

The current "beat the story portion of the game" team! (Level 42)

156.png164.png182.png194.png214.png185.png

Yeah... I don't really wanna evolve Quilava and Wooper.

Now my current mission is to get Lugia in a Poké Ball. This'll be fuuun... =P

n-comic001.png

The current "beat the story portion of the game" team! (Level 42)

156.png164.png182.png194.png214.png185.png

Yeah... I don't really wanna evolve Quilava and Wooper.

Admirable, I love Quilava but I want my team to be powerful, especially in this game. Hence why I let it become Typhlosion, against Red you need all the power you can get.

Admirable, I love Quilava but I want my team to be powerful, especially in this game. Hence why I let it become Typhlosion, against Red you need all the power you can get.

True that! I delayed evolution a while so they grew levels quicker but when I went to battle claire I knew Totodile had to evolve lol.

Womgrubzsun rhmxqdhkyd n

I just caught a shiney Suicune! Little bugger wouldn't let me catch him the first time, I rest and try again and it's a shiney! Was prepared to use my masterball if I needed but managed to get it with a dusk ball. First shiney I've ever caught too :)

Wether or not Suicine is shiny is decided as soon it is released I think?

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

Wether or not Suicine is shiny is decided as soon it is released I think?

Apparently not, because I fought it twice. The first time it wasn't shiney, the second time it was.