NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

Lost at the fourth trainer in the Elite Four. Stupid Houndoom one hit K.O.d my entire team. Muk and Umbreon gave some trouble as well since they used minimize and some other evasion move and as result depleted half of the PP of everyone. I defeated Muk with struggle. And Machamp was super effective against everyone on the team. My team is between 39-42 and don't think I will try again before at least 45-47.

I was playing HeartGold on the bus today when a cute girl behind me asked me what I was playing. I wasn't going to tell her I played Pokemon and I couldn't think of a good excuse so quickly so I ended up saying nothing and shut down the ds in a hurry. Trust me, she didn't talk to me again...

Never heard of the phrase "Let me show you my PokéBalls"? :P

I was playing HeartGold on the bus today when a cute girl behind me asked me what I was playing. I wasn't going to tell her I played Pokemon and I couldn't think of a good excuse so quickly so I ended up saying nothing and shut down the ds in a hurry. Trust me, she didn't talk to me again...

You do realise she could have been into Pokemon as well and was just curious... Pokemon doesn't have quite the social 'stigma' that people used to assume it did, especially with the popularity of the DS now and the decidedly 'casual' advert for Heart Gold and Soul Silver. :heh:

Sure, but I freaked out >_>

Hey no worries dude, just think of girls like that as a semi-rare Pokemon... you may have missed your chance to catch her this time around but there will be other chances, so just make sure you're prepared next time... carry plenty of Pokeballs. ;)

Should have turned your hat around Ash Ketchum style, and gone "I'm training to be a Pokémon Master!"

This would have either led to further conversation or the single best way to ruin any chance you had.

:)I'm so lucky my gal acknowledged pokémon as a big part of her childhood and was infact obsessed with it when she was little:)

Had two chances so far to catch a Raikou while I was training up my Stantler. Of course Hypnosis missed both times.

Catching the runners will be easy once I trade over my Umbreon.

Indeed they can. You need to use a move like Block or Mean Look

Does Arena Trap work on the runners?

On Entei & Raikou yes

On the runners in Kanto which I won't post here to protect against spoilers, no

why do they run ?are they wimps :P me thinks so ;)

where can i catch a munchlax or a snorlax please?

Munchlax is in the Quiet Cave and Winner's Path Pokéwalker Routes

Snorlax is in Route 11 blocking Diglett's Cave

Right

When you send a Pokémon to Pokéwalker, it chooses 1 Pokémon from Group A, one from Group B and one from Group C

Each Pokémon has a set percentage for rarity. However, this then changes as the amount of steps you have taken increases

The rarity is then recalculated based upon the rarity of the Group B Pokémon chosen when enough steps have been made to make it appear.

It is then recalculated when you reach the step requirements for the Group A Pokémon

For Refreshing Field for example,

Doduo has a 70% rarity while Kangaskhan has a 50% rarity. This is only active after 2000 and 3000 steps respectively

The Nidoran's have 75% rarity after 500 steps. But if Doduo is selected, their rarity is 22.5% and with Kangaskhan it's 37.% after the step requirements unlock them

Then we have the Group C Pokémon

Doduo Selected;

0+ Steps: 100%

500+ Steps: 25%

2000+ Steps: 7.5%

Kangaskhan Selected

3000+ Steps: 12.5%

There are then some which get complicated when the Group B Pokémon have different rarities which give the Group C Pokémon 4 different rarity possibilities such in Blue Lake;

Poliwag/Shellder

0+ St: 100%

500+ St: 8%

4000+ St: 3.2%

Poliwag/Krabby

500+ St: 28%

4000+ St: 11.2%

Dratini/Shellder

5000+ St: 5.6%

Dratini/Krabby

5000+ St: 19.6%

Any chance of those event Pokéwalker routes coming to Europe at any point, Serebii?

Beat the Elite Four on my second try easily. Lance only killed one of my Pokemon and that was recoil damage. Five of them were lv. 45-47 and one at lv. 42.

Hey no worries dude, just think of girls like that as a semi-rare Pokemon... you may have missed your chance to catch her this time around but there will be other chances, so just make sure you're prepared next time... carry plenty of Pokeballs. ;)

Flash

Hypnosis

Masterball

Any chance of those event Pokéwalker routes coming to Europe at any point, Serebii?

Yellow Forest is on WiFi on Friday

Yellow Forest is on WiFi on Friday

I knew of that one, but the others just say "event" on your site, suggesting that they won't be available through Wi-Fi. Nintendo never offered those event Pokétch apps at any point in Europe, I'm just wondering if Nintendo will bother to release them here.

What happens if a Pokemon level up inside the Pokewalker and it is supposed to learn a move at that level?

Just arrived at Kanto. When the new battle music played, I thought I met shiny :(

What happens if a Pokemon level up inside the Pokewalker and it is supposed to learn a move at that level?

Just arrived at Kanto. When the new battle music played, I thought I met shiny :(

It doesnt learn the move

I knew of that one, but the others just say "event" on your site, suggesting that they won't be available through Wi-Fi. Nintendo never offered those event Pokétch apps at any point in Europe, I'm just wondering if Nintendo will bother to release them here.

Winner's Path is likely to be. As for the rest, one still isn't out in Japan

Shiny doesn't have different music :p

Oh, Yellow Forest has been re-dated; April 1st til May 5th :)

Right

When you send a Pokémon to Pokéwalker, it chooses 1 Pokémon from Group A, one from Group B and one from Group C

Each Pokémon has a set percentage for rarity. However, this then changes as the amount of steps you have taken increases

The rarity is then recalculated based upon the rarity of the Group B Pokémon chosen when enough steps have been made to make it appear.

It is then recalculated when you reach the step requirements for the Group A Pokémon

For Refreshing Field for example,

Doduo has a 70% rarity while Kangaskhan has a 50% rarity. This is only active after 2000 and 3000 steps respectively

The Nidoran's have 75% rarity after 500 steps. But if Doduo is selected, their rarity is 22.5% and with Kangaskhan it's 37.% after the step requirements unlock them

Then we have the Group C Pokémon

Doduo Selected;

2000+ Steps: 7.5%

Kangaskhan Selected

3000+ Steps: 12.5%

There are then some which get complicated when the Group B Pokémon have different rarities which give the Group C Pokémon 4 different rarity possibilities such in Blue Lake;

Poliwag/Shellder

4000+ St: 3.2%

Poliwag/Krabby

4000+ St: 11.2%

Dratini/Shellder

5000+ St: 5.6%

Dratini/Krabby

5000+ St: 19.6%

It would help if you explained it like that on your site :)