NEurope
Choze

Other Consoles@E3. Thread of Hype & Disappointment.

What? It still doesn't look black on the bottom screen, both are different pictures anyway. I bet those DS owners are crying inside because this is so good and they won't be able to own both! Hahaha I win because I'm getting one!

Doesn't look like a games console, just a large square blackberry.

Prefer the original PSP design wise, though guess it's handy being a bit smaller.

What? It still doesn't look black on the bottom screen, both are different pictures anyway. !

Its the exact same picture of the same Qore screen taken by different people.

Daft found this:

psp-go-large-open.jpg

psp-go-small-closed.jpg

Edited by Choze

I bet those DS owners are crying inside because this is so good and they won't be able to own both!
Why won't they?

Dont forget that the PSP GO photo was leaked a month ago with PS3 Slim photos.

ps3_slim_box.jpg

ps3_slim_box.jpg

wlbrr8.jpg

Edited by Dante

PS3 slim isnt happening because it would have been definitely been on Qore over even PSP stuff and the fonts do not match at all. Qore pretty much confirms everything that was true or false.

The new PSP is about half the weight of the PSP 3000.

Not a PSP 3000 replacement. Both will be sold side by side aimed at different people.

PSP Go is more premium. Screen may be further enhanced. It has a black filter from the looks of it.

2ro5a9u.jpg

It slimmer.

Edited by Choze

Erm.... well it's certainly different. Don't know whether I'd call it an improvement over the current model. Ergonomically speaking, it's a bit of a mess. The D-pad and face buttons have been moved a bit too close together. People with big hands are really going to struggle with this thing. It's like what happened when the GBA SP arrived because on that it had the same problem. And while the UMD format may not be favourable by Sony or any developers, ditching it is probably a bad idea. 16 Gig of internal memory is crap. Games like Gran Turismo and a new Metal Gear are gonna be big in size. Obviously, the games will be compressed to make them downloadable but they're gonna fill up that memory pretty fast given that a decent portion of it will have to be kept back for loading and system stuff. Just looking at it as 16 Gig, your gonna be looking at about 10 Gig or slight more available to fill on the machine after deduction the necessary space for loading and system configs.

It's good, though, that they are keeping the PSP 3000 on the market at the same time though because if this was to replace it, then I think a lot of people would be very unhappy.

PS3 slim isnt happening because it would have been definitely been on Qore over even PSP stuff and the fonts do not match at all.

The PSP Go video info -

3.8" smaller screen than previous version

43% lighter than previous version

16 Gig memory

Bluetooth support

No UMD

Downloads games and movies

Gran Turismo and new Metal Gear Solid PSP confirmed.

Will see Choze. :p

Woah if that's real I'm a little sad. I was really hyped for the new PSP but that thing is ugly as hell.

Erm.... well it's certainly different. Don't know whether I'd call it an improvement over the current model. Ergonomically speaking, it's a bit of a mess. The D-pad and face buttons have been moved a bit too close together. People with big hands are really going to struggle with this thing. It's like what happened when the GBA SP arrived because on that it had the same problem. And while the UMD format may not be favourable by Sony or any developers, ditching it is probably a bad idea. 16 Gig of internal memory is crap. Games like Gran Turismo and a new Metal Gear are gonna be big in size. Obviously, the games will be compressed to make them downloadable but they're gonna fill up that memory pretty fast given that a decent portion of it will have to be kept back for loading and system stuff. Just looking at it as 16 Gig, your gonna be looking at about 10 Gig or slight more available to fill on the machine after deduction the necessary space for loading and system configs.

It's good, though, that they are keeping the PSP 3000 on the market at the same time though because if this was to replace it, then I think a lot of people would be very unhappy.

I disagree all round. 16GB is alot for a PSP with Micro Memory Stick for upgrading. Heck the 360 premium is just 20GB. The analog stick looks much better here too.

Bluetooth also confirmed. So you can use wireless PS3 or mobile phone accessories like headsets even.

Edited by Choze

Ive been semi-wanting a PSP every since i saw Ghouls and Ghosts PSP show up in the PSN Store. If the price is right, this may be my first handheld since the original GBA.

16 GB does seem like plenty, considering ill be able to easily manage everything from my 300 GB PS3. Looks like im one of the 'targets' for this. The shoulder buttons do look a bit awkward though

Hmmm.... Not really what I was expecting but I still think ill pick one up. My PSP is fooked

14wqgqq.jpg

I like it but what is with that warped plastic on the top half?

Hmmm.... Not really what I was expecting but I still think ill pick one up. My PSP is fooked

What about PSP v3000?

Woah shit, so the PSP is real... and therefore that ugly assed PS3 is real... agh, Jesus. I really wanted to buy a PS3 and PSP this year.

Splinter Cell Conviction. Hope Ubisoft dont go all CG.

I like it but what is with that warped plastic on the top half?

Its a prototype mould probably.

What about PSP v3000?

Yeah I was going to get one but was waiting to see if the new PSP rumor was true, And it is so I will just get the new one

Woah shit, so the PSP is real... and therefore that ugly assed PS3 is real... agh, Jesus. I really wanted to buy a PS3 and PSP this year.

I wouldn't say that.

IMO that's a cheap knock off hoax untill proven otherwise.

A PSP relaunch/ upgrade makes alot of sense. A PS3 remodel really, really doesn't. I can't imagine Sony making an even more expensive device right now.

Its a prototype mould probably.

Yeah, I hope so.

I can see why people thing it is ugly and I'd agree if it wasn't SO small.

Hum... I think I'm going to keep away from E3 news until it starts. I want to keep some hope for my Sony buying this year.