NEurope
Kirkatronics

I am penguinophobic

well, research would surgest this isnt normaly the case.

i dont think its discrimination to not alow racists to be policmen, like i dont belive its discrimination to not alow the handicapped into the army, or the blind to drive. its simply common sense. having a police officer with pre existing belifes about different racial groups will prevent them from being an impartial mediator. simply put, you cant expect people who are naturaly hostile towards a racial group to suddenly lose there hostility because they put on their work clothes.

This is what I'm trying to say. Thanks.

well, research would surgest this isnt normaly the case.

i dont think its discrimination to not alow racists to be policmen, like i dont belive its discrimination to not alow the handicapped into the army, or the blind to drive. its simply common sense. having a police officer with pre existing belifes about different racial groups will prevent them from being an impartial mediator. simply put, you cant expect people who are naturaly hostile towards a racial group to suddenly lose there hostility because they put on their work clothes.

How would you go about the armed forces then? I mean after maybe the sencond time of having your friends killed/blown up by a certin group of people this does affect how you see these people. But as far as im aware on the whole things are still done by the book. People arnt just killed for the sake of it. Prisoners are treated properly etc etc. Im sure coppers would be the same

I thought outward racism was illegal? So if a policeman was/discovered to be publically racist, they'd lose their job anyway.

I thought outward racism was illegal? So if a policeman was/discovered to be publically racist, they'd lose their job anyway.

Only black people would think something so ridiculous.

The only reason people join the Army is because of all the brown people they can rape.

How would you go about the armed forces then? I mean after maybe the sencond time of having your friends killed/blown up by a certin group of people this does affect how you see these people.

I've never understood that. I was bullied horribly for over a year by a bunch of white males a couple of years back, and then a couple of years ago I was assulted by white male on the way to school in which he broke a couple of bones in my face. Then was threatened with a knife on a number of occasions by his friends. Now, that's more than a couple of incidents, like you mention, and I don't have a sudden hatred for all white people. Seeing your friends "blown up" by people of a certain race, or even my example used, is no excuse to hate an entire race.

Edited by Slaggis

How would you go about the armed forces then? I mean after maybe the sencond time of having your friends killed/blown up by a certin group of people this does affect how you see these people. But as far as im aware on the whole things are still done by the book. People arnt just killed for the sake of it. Prisoners are treated properly etc etc. Im sure coppers would be the same

treatment of prisoners is a different matter to police work (can somtimes interwine mind), its alot more guided, and publicly scrutinised, a policmans actions being affected by race may be near invisable, whilst in cases of prisoner abuse, its very clear (we all remeber the photos)

in an ideal world, soilders wouldent have thier views of a whole race changed by the actions of a few, but then in an ideal world we wouldent have need for soilders i guess.

its imposible to know the experiences of a soilder without actualy being there, and i have great respect for the armed forces, but it dosent change the fact that the some of the very worst things done by humans have been done by soilders with racial tensions stired up. look at the mai lin massacre. i suppose racism is most at home in a war, theres already a very clear "them" and "us" (in groups and out groups are the very heart of racism) and this is almost always a racial devide as well. still, with greater diversity within western populations, racism will will spread less, i mean how much could you hate asians when you have one fighting beside you?

The only reason people join the Army is because of all the brown people they can rape.

if you really belive that, you really are ignorant and self ritious. im not asking you to fight, but at least show a little respect to men who put their lives on the line for you.

Edited by Chris the great

treatment of prisoners is a different matter to police work (can somtimes interwine mind), its alot more guided, and publicly scrutinised, a policmans actions being affected by race may be near invisable, whilst in cases of prisoner abuse, its very clear (we all remeber the photos)

in an ideal world, soilders wouldent have thier views of a whole race changed by the actions of a few, but then in an ideal world we wouldent have need for soilders i guess.

its imposible to know the experiences of a soilder without actualy being there, and i have great respect for the armed forces, but it dosent change the fact that the some of the very worst things done by humans have been done by soilders with racial tensions stired up. look at the mai lin massacre. i suppose racism is most at home in a war, theres already a very clear "them" and "us" (in groups and out groups are the very heart of racism) and this is almost always a racial devide as well. still, with greater diversity within western populations, racism will will spread less, i mean how much could you hate asians when you have one fighting beside you?

I dont think that POWs treatment is scrutinised more than the polices. But if videos etc come out then it makes good news. We did have an asian lad in our unit. He was a top bloke, but then he hardly seemed asian at all.

Its strange i guess we just accepted him as one of us. He wasnt one of them thats for sure.

And haggis if you think comparing being beaten up to your mates being killed by some nobber who wants to drag the mid east (if not the world) back in to the dark ages is any where near the same thing then you are seriously lacking in life experience. These are the sort of people who will convince retarded kids to walk up to soldiers and blow them selves up. As happened to a guy from my unit.

It shoudnt make me hate a group of people but i think its very hard not to. My point still being i woudnt just go around abusing power just because of my feelings. Hence how i think police can hold what ever views they wish as long as they can keep it seperate from there work.

And haggis if you think comparing being beaten up to your mates being killed by some nobber who wants to drag the mid east (if not the world) back in to the dark ages is any where near the same thing then you are seriously lacking in life experience. These are the sort of people who will convince retarded kids to walk up to soldiers and blow them selves up. As happened to a guy from my unit.

It shoudnt make me hate a group of people but i think its very hard not to. My point still being i woudnt just go around abusing power just because of my feelings. Hence how i think police can hold what ever views they wish as long as they can keep it seperate from there work.

I was merely giving an individual example, I'm well aware the example you gave is far more extreme. But my point is, it should make you hate the people that did it, not the race. I see no reason at all, why it should lead you to hate the race of people that did it. It just sounds like another excuse for racist behaviour (Though, I can imagine it's probably down to Psychological reasons/Coping mechanisms and what not, in extreme cases like you mention).

if you really belive that, you really are ignorant and self ritious. im not asking you to fight, but at least show a little respect to men who put their lives on the line for you.

It's a joke. On Family Guy. Of course I don't believe that...:hmm:

But, I don't believe people in the army are defending MY rights - seeing as how I don't consider myself belonging to any nation. I was born on a island called England. That's as far as it goes. I'm not British despite being white and having been born here to English and Scottish parents. All the army (of any country) does is piss me off and I do question the ideals of the majority of people who join it.

It's a joke. On Family Guy. Of course I don't believe that...:hmm:

But, I don't believe people in the army are defending MY rights - seeing as how I don't consider myself belonging to any nation. I was born on a island called England. That's as far as it goes. I'm not British despite being white and having been born here to English and Scottish parents. All the army (of any country) does is piss me off and I do question the ideals of the majority of people who join it.

Well go and spend a month in a country where you have no rights. Please do this please. I think this is the most stupid comment i have ever heard. Your rights do not exist in a world without an army to defend them. As there would be other armys there who would willingly take them away from you.

In an ideal world there would be no armys. but this isnt an ideal word so yes the army does defend your rights.

It shoudnt make me hate a group of people but i think its very hard not to.

It's VERY fucking easy not to. All you need to do is have enough intelligence to not group people together by skin coulour, race or religion. Judge people on their individual merit. Just because someone is an Asian or a Muslim doesn't mean they secretly want to kill you. :mad:

That is one of the most ignorant things I've ever read on here. And the stuff you were saying about the Asian lad in your unit was pretty offensive too. "Ooh look he's not white, he can't be like us, but he's fighting on our side so he's not like them." To be honest mate, it's pretty apparent you're quite racist, something I would expect from most members of the British Army.

On an unrelated note, is it any surprise that the people with the lowest IQ (based on a survey of 6000) vote for the BNP??

If the results of general elections are anything to go by, voting Green or Liberal Democrat must be a thankless task. But now the supporters of these parties can console themselves with the knowledge that, although they may not elect a prime minister, there's a good chance that they are cleverer than the people who do.

Academic research published in the journal Intelligence compares the way people voted in the 2001 election with their IQ at the age of 10 (using data from the 1970 British cohort study). The results are fascinating.

On a party-by-party basis, the average (childhood) IQ scores for 2001 voters were:

Green - 108.3

Liberal Democrat - 108.2

Conservative - 103.7

Labour – 103

Plaid Cymru - 102.5

Scottish National - 102.2

UK Independence - 101.1

British National - 98.4

Did not vote/None of the above - 99.7

It's VERY fucking easy not to. All you need to do is have enough intelligence to not group people together by skin coulour, race or religion. Judge people on their individual merit. Just because someone is an Asian or a Muslim doesn't mean they secretly want to kill you. :mad:

That is one of the most ignorant things I've ever read on here. And the stuff you were saying about the Asian lad in your unit was pretty offensive too. "Ooh look he's not white, he can't be like us, but he's fighting on our side so he's not like them." To be honest mate, it's pretty apparent you're quite racist, something I would expect from most members of the British Army.

My bold? Are you capable of jined up thinking.

As for the lad in my unit someone said what if there was an asian lad on your side. How could you still have these feelings well my point was he was clearly one of us and it didnt come in to my head that he was one of them.

Im sorry but i cant expect you to understand you wernt there. It should be as easy as you make out. But its not. Im not racist you think what you like. But it is very easy to start to have bad feeling to a group of people that are trying to kill you and your oppos day in and day out. For the record im not in the army as amy avatar clearly displays.

Well go and spend a month in a country where you have no rights. Please do this please. I think this is the most stupid comment i have ever heard. Your rights do not exist in a world without an army to defend them. As there would be other armys there who would willingly take them away from you.

In an ideal world there would be no armys. but this isnt an ideal word so yes the army does defend your rights.

I have and will continue to travel to many countries around the world. Never will any country restrict me. If I lived in North Korea or the Middle East under an oppresive regime, I would be free or die trying, but never violently.

Every person is in control of their own life and destiny, no government can control you if you fight hard enough. I'm just 'lucky' to have been born on a piece of turf called England, doesn't mean I have to like it here or agree with the majority of apathetic idiots who share the land here and take what the shambles of a government throws at them lying down.

Every person is in control of their own life and destiny, no government can control you if you fight hard enough. I'm just 'lucky' to have been born on a piece of turf called England, doesn't mean I have to like it here or agree with the majority of apathetic idiots who share the land here and take what the shambles of a government throws at them lying down.

Try telling that to god knows how many Jews in Europe around the middle of the last century.

Don't remember this guy being kicked out of the party. You know those gas chambers that killed the Jews in Nazi Germany? Lies apparently.

See, this is why the BNP are so good. They're getting the truth out there! Hey, forget about the evidence and the 6 million less Jews in Europe after WW2- it makes perfect sense that they disappeared, or suddenly caught an infectious disease that only affects Jews! This man is our future- an educated speciman that is the epitome of the male species.

I'm not British despite being white

Oh yes, I love the way you say that as if being white would automatically qualify you for a British identity!

My girlfriend is black, but she is British, you understand? She was born here to immigrant parents with British passports, and yet she is as British as I proudly am. Nationalities like British transcends race, buddy, hate to break it to you. There's no such thing as 'ethnic British'- no homo sapien evolved here, so we're all immigrants from Africa.

Edited by navarre
Automerged Doublepost

Try telling that to god knows how many Jews in Europe around the middle of the last century.

Times have changed since 1940. Air travel for instance, is a much greater posibility.

Seriously though, I would like to believe that if I was Jewish in Nazi Germany I would have had enough balls to stand up against the government, even if it led to my inevitable death. Any one person can make a massive difference especially when they do what's right, for the greater good or when the odds are against them.

It was a horrific time and shows just how much damage racism can cause. I'd like to believe that this is the last great tradgedy of world history. Only by changing how people act towards and percive others will anything change and I think that challenege is far too great for 6 billion people. But...

"it has to start somewhere, It has to start somehow, what better place than here, what better time than now." :D

. I'd like to believe that this is the last great tradgedy of world history. Only by changing how people act towards and percive others will anything change and I think that challenege is far too great for 6 billion people. But...

I think you have been smoking crack. Im sure there have been plenty of great tradgedy since 1945. I could maybe compile a list if you want. Granted they are not on the same scale but still great tradgedys.

Oh yes, I love the way you say that as if being white would automatically qualify you for a British identity!

No, no, no. I agree with you mate. I'm just pointing out that people of the BNP's beliefs regard me as British because I was born here and, importantly to them, because I'm white. Merely pointing out that because I'm white and from Britian, I'm considered British.

As far as I'm aware I am mixture of Nordic and Celtic but I would never consider myself British. If Abdullah the butcher, Brutus the Barber or Doink the Clown wants to call himself British no matter where he's from, what colour his skin is and where he lives, it's all gravy with me baby. I think it's more of a culture thing than and inherited pot luck of birth anyway.

I think you have been smoking crack. Im sure there have been plenty of great tradgedy since 1945. I could maybe compile a list if you want. Granted they are not on the same scale but still great tradgedys.

Not crack, just the grass. I can list probably 1000 huge tradgedies since 1945. You are right they are not on the same scale I was just pointing out that Nazi Germany was the last tradgedy on such a massive scale which affected the entire world (you know "World war 2")... 6 million people... Lotta people.

Edited by Nicktendo
Automerged Doublepost

Not crack, just the grass. I can list probably 1000 huge tradgedies since 1945. You are right they are not on the same scale I was just pointing out that Nazi Germany was the last tradgedy on such a massive scale which affected the entire world (you know "World war 2")... 6 million people... Lotta people.

I think it was the only one so far thank god. Dosent mean there any less tragic that they affected fewer people. It just means that because of what happened then the world will not allow something on that scale to happen again. And to stop this they use armys. Do you see how it all links together?

No, no, no. I agree with you mate. I'm just pointing out that people of the BNP's beliefs regard me as British because I was born here and, importantly to them, because I'm white. Merely pointing out that because I'm white and from Britian, I'm considered British.

Oh, I see. I jumped to conclusions there.

The BNP is actually pretty damn mild compared to some other Neo-Nazi groups. These openly white-supremacist parties (or groups, or pub gatherings, call it what you will) have criticised the BNP for being too mild and soft, although have far too few members and illegal opinions to ever be considered a threat. They've even said the BNPs moderation means the party is made up of 'conservatives on steroids'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Peoples_Party_(2005)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_and_Honour

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_9th_Society

I think it was the only one so far thank god. Dosent mean there any less tragic that they affected fewer people. It just means that because of what happened then the world will not allow something on that scale to happen again. And to stop this they use armys. Do you see how it all links together?

If every nation put all their armed forces funding towards reducing world debt and paying towards running water, education and health care for poorer nations then maybe, just maybe no-one would need an army.

Instead they'd rather steal thier oil, pay off thier rulers to turn a blind eye and use their workforce to cheaply produce commodities that the robots of the developed nations can spend their hard-earned dollors on. World keeps on spinning... Ever wondered why the Middle East is so hostile towards the West anyway?

Oh, I see. I jumped to conclusions there.

The BNP is actually pretty damn mild compared to some other Neo-Nazi groups. These openly white-supremacist parties (or groups, or pub gatherings, call it what you will) have criticised the BNP for being too mild and soft, although have far too few members and illegal opinions to ever be considered a threat. They've even said the BNPs moderation means the party is made up of 'conservatives on steroids'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Peoples_Party_(2005)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_and_Honour

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_9th_Society

British People's Party tried to stage a demonstration in Leeds last year. It failed. Epically. That was a good day :)

Blood and Honour are sick fuckers, a few memebers all went to a gig, also in Leeds last year. They were kicked out pretty quickly because the band refused to play for them, there's no place for people like that in this world. It makes me sad that people can still hold those views in this day and age.

Edited by Nicktendo
Automerged Doublepost

If every nation put all their armed forces funding towards reducing world debt and paying towards running water, education and health care for poorer nations then maybe, just maybe no-one would need an army.

As a biologist, I understand such a thing is not possible. Unless you're some kind of crazy creationist, you should know that humans are animals, and animals fight, it's nature. Perhaps we may try and diguise it by claiming to be 'civilised', but history and biology have both deemed your suggestion impossible. If we gave up our armies, it'd be back to fighting with sharp sticks and blunt tools- we're never going to get any more pacifist than we are now, it's not in our nature.

EDIT- I've never encountered any of those 10 member shambles of a group before, they're a complete joke. I live in a Conservative stronghold- no overtly Labour, Lib Dem or BNP supporters for miles around! It's always nice, especially when your MP refuses to resign depite wasting your hard earned notes on irrelevant commodities!

Edited by navarre

I mean after maybe the sencond time of having your friends killed/blown up by a certin group of people this does affect how you see these people.

You just need to bear in mind that in any war there is propaganda on both sides. They have a reason to kill you and you to kill them and neither are right.

You said you know they use children to blow people up, would you hate that child for attacking you? -You would hate the people who trained the child to do it, right?

But you would hate a man for doing so? If so what age does this cut off happen? Where did they get thier ideas from? They think they are fighting for good too.

The only thing you can hate is the reason they are fighting NOT the people themselves. People are easily manipulated as geobels said 'if you tell a lie often enough it becomes truth'.

I am not trying to be patronising but I hope this makes sense to you :)

Edited by Dan_Dare

Instead they'd rather steal thier oil, pay off thier rulers to turn a blind eye and use their workforce to cheaply produce commodities that the robots of the developed nations can spend their hard-earned dollors on. World keeps on spinning... Ever wondered why the Middle East is so hostile towards the West anyway?

Thats laughable. It wont ever happen. Im not saying its a bad idea. But thats all it is and ever will be an idea.