NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
stev2604

Is GUN any good?

Ive had my eye on this for a while, if anyone has it, how do you think it is? Is it good? Looks nice IMO

Absolutely fucking fantastic. I honestly can't reccomend this game enough. If you like western films you will enjoy it even more!

It's really well thought out, has some nice touches, and is one of the graphically best games on the cube too. Decent story as well.

I will get this at some point for the PS2 as im a big fan of Red Dead Revolver. Nice to hear that Guns an alright game rather than some generic trash.

I'd avoid the PS2 version, apparently its buggy as hell.

I'd get it for PC if I were you.

It got a very poor/average review in NGC :S But I've been tempted by this title for ages. Might pick it up if I see it cheap.

What's the Gamecube version like, and do you know how it compares to the others? I only ask because I'm sure I read a review on the net somewhere that said the GC version was noticably poorer than either the PS2 or Xbox versions. Having seen the screenies in this months NGC, it looks quite lovely imho, even though it got a bad score.

I too was hoping this would be good. It seemed to have promise, but I'm not buying an inferior version. The GC's more than capable of this type of thing, and if it is worse, it smacks of laziness.

How can a version of a game be worse than a PS2 ver?!!? (With the exception of a Splinter Cell in which the Cube ver. night vision was naff apparently)

It is a lot better than the PS2 version, I've seen them both running. Also the controls feel more natural on the GC. The PS2 control sticks are sturdy enough for the battering they get in this game, its much harder to keep a steady aim.

Please dont refrain from buying this game cause of the retards at NGC, it really really really deserves to be bought by everyone with a cube.

Although whoever said they wanted it for Xbox 360 is right. When I get an Xbox I'm so buying it again.

I was gonna get the gc version but my drum teacher has ordered it for the pc (he plays loads of games on his pc) so when hes done im gonna borrown it

i have it and i think its great, the graphics arent what the first poster sed, their average to good , but i love the side quests and stat options. reccomended. the satisfaction when you lob a petrol bomb on a horse rider is brilliant

great cutscenes. ignore the NGC and gamespot reviews, they were obviously overpowered by hype.

THIS GAME RULES

i wanna play it again

and i suggest you play it on hard because im breezing through normal

How can a version of a game be worse than a PS2 ver?!!? (With the exception of a Splinter Cell in which the Cube ver. night vision was naff apparently)

Well quite often the developer just doesn't put enough effort into the GC version of a game because the perception is it just won't sell as well as the PS2 one. There's a few EA games for example that look just like the PS2 versions, when they should be somewhere closer to the Xbox version. After reading NGC's review I just presumed Activiasion would be the same.

S'funny though. The review was pretty negative, but I was looking at the screenies and reading the game details thinking "this looks really good actually"! If you are sure Ysm, that the GC version is better than NGC say it is (and better than the PS2 version) then I think I'll have to get it.

yes do get it, i know its hard to ignore reviews that give bad scores because they ring in your head but i really like this game

Well quite often the developer just doesn't put enough effort into the GC version of a game because the perception is it just won't sell as well as the PS2 one. There's a few EA games for example that look just like the PS2 versions, when they should be somewhere closer to the Xbox version. After reading NGC's review I just presumed Activiasion would be the same.

S'funny though. The review was pretty negative, but I was looking at the screenies and reading the game details thinking "this looks really good actually"! If you are sure Ysm, that the GC version is better than NGC say it is (and better than the PS2 version) then I think I'll have to get it.

I know for a fact it is. I get to play a hell of alot of games through work and have seen all three console versions of the game running and the PS2 is far and away the worst.

And how can King Boo say it has average graphics? Show me one game that isnt Resi 4 that looks this nice. It's a shame that someone with a name as cool as "King Boo" would say such a thing! ;)

Gun is amazing im loving it to bits :D, reminds me a lot of Zelda OOT but with guns :p. A must buy IMO.

I was going to take a chance with this , as it is part of Gamestations deal of the week , BUT , for some reason they have decided to only include the PS2 and XBox versions in the deal. What the hell is that about ?

My foster brother got it on PS2, I wasnt impressed. Repetetive gameplay, bland graphics (its nearly all dirt and sand colours). And its bloody hard to aim with the PS2 sticks but I have always hated them. If you want it on 360, dont bother, its exactly the same game but with a higher resolution. Wanna pay an extra £10 for that?

hmmm i keep seeing the advert, it looks pretty cool. I may pick it up this month.

most games look good on the ads.

how is it like OOT? can someone explain. ?

speaking of naff (not sure what that is, guys), the night vision on nightfire never worked for me. and what is the blue vision thing (or was that night vision?) don't get me wrong (always liked the bond movies) but this game was not so much fun.

how is it like OOT? can someone explain. ?

I'd imagine because there's a large world to explore on horseback; that's all though!

Sign in to follow this