N-Europe

Thinking about running my own gaming website

The Lillster

Evening everyone,

I've been a bit borred lately and have decided I want to create a gaming website.

I have no intention of competing with all the big sites, so I don't really care about how many visitors I get each month. I'm just doing this for a bit of fun and also it will give me an excuse to start doing web design again.

I started creating the template yesterday, please tell me what you think so far...

There are no images in the design at the moment, they can be added later (images will most likely go just above the 'Latest Updates' part.

Ignore the content for now, it's there for demonstartion purposes only!

Thank You.

UPDATED:

I have decided to list all three colour schemes for my site.

Brown and Grey

Orange and Grey

Blue and Red

Edited by The Lillster

Like the design just not sure about the brown...hmmm at first I hated it now its kinda growing on me...

Anyway I have my own little blog lethargic gamers...again not trying to compete with big sites and thats the more laid back attitude I've take...tried that with gamingcorner.org and got to the point where some articles were getting 1000 hits a day but that wasn't sustainable...and things like the low number of comments and lack of forum members etc.....so I think the important thing is that you keep with the mantra you have that its just abit of fun and you will enjoy it.

Like the design just not sure about the brown...hmmm at first I hated it now its kinda growing on me...

Anyway I have my own little blog lethargic gamers...again not trying to compete with big sites and thats the more laid back attitude I've take...tried that with gamingcorner.org and got to the point where some articles were getting 1000 hits a day but that wasn't sustainable...and things like the low number of comments and lack of forum members etc.....so I think the important thing is that you keep with the mantra you have that its just abit of fun and you will enjoy it.

I'll have a look into a different colour scheme.

This isn't the first time i've tried to run my own gaming website and I've learned from experiance, that the 'if you build it they will come!' attitude doesn't work here.

It will just be me running the site, I may install a forum but that's not really important at the moment.

Maybe we could help each other out with content for our sites?

Not sure about the brown.

Also it would be better if you stretched or centred it. I don't like to see a large white space on the left of my monitor. (I know it's just and image so that's probably why but I thought I'd make the point anyway.)

Yeh don't worry about that for now.

Dont change the colour scheme!

Its something different, i like it.

It is very nicely done.

I like the brown. *snigger*

It gives it a retro, 70's feel. Might not be appropriate for gaming, but I like it none the less.

Not sure about the brown.

Ok so it's a tie between the brownies and the non-brownies.

Ive looked into other alternatives and theres nothing really that stands out to me.

Have a good look at the revised colour scheme, come back in here and give your verdict.

Thanks.

Nice. Make the orange in the title just a bit of a bolder orange colour and I think you're set!

Ok i've updated it again with your suggestion. :)

Edited by The Lillster
Automerged Doublepost

UPDATED:

Brown and Grey

Orange and Grey

Blue

At the moment my favourite one is blue, because although it's a bit bland compared to the other two, the text is clear, easy to read and well balanced.

Don't forget that I will be adding images to the site to spice things up a bit.

UPDATED:

Brown and Grey

Orange and Grey

Blue

At the moment my favourite one is blue, because although it's a bit bland compared to the other two, the text is clear, easy to read and well balanced.

Don't forget that I will be adding images to the site to spice things up a bit.

Orange and grey looks best for reading. You can always tweak.

I'll have a look into a different colour scheme.

This isn't the first time i've tried to run my own gaming website and I've learned from experiance, that the 'if you build it they will come!' attitude doesn't work here.

It will just be me running the site, I may install a forum but that's not really important at the moment.

Maybe we could help each other out with content for our sites?

Yeh don't worry about that for now.

Yeah defo drop me a message and we can see what different ways we can help each other out....

Think I prefer the blue design now, think the brown is still good but blue looks better.

Yeah. Although it still seems a little bit too blue. I'm not sure exactly what it needs but it needs something.

Sorry for not being very helpful.

I've added red. Is that better?

I like your blue one best! You're quite talented.

Thank you, I actually would rate myself as average.

The web design software I am using (Adobe Fireworks & sometimes Photoshop) is really good.

Well it looks like i'm going to use the blue (and now red) layout.

Now comes the difficult part... The slicing and html editing. :blank:

Ah yes. I like that better now. When do you think you'll get the site up?

Dunno mate.

First I need to;

1. Slice and turn the design into a web page.

2. Actually create some content for it.

I'll probably start slicing it over the weekend, as for content i'll do my best to create something once the html part is done.

Thanks for your time and i'll let everyone else know once i've finished. : peace: