N-Europe

Explodemon!

Daft

This probably doesn't warrant its own thread but since my brother is making this game, I thought why not. :heh:

Curve Studios Explodemon! sure looks a hell of a lot like Mega Man—but with a gameplay twist. The 2.5D action platformer stars a robotic hero with a knack for blowing himself up. Intentionally.

Curve's SNES-era throwback title, coming to PlayStation Network, WiiWare and PCs, uses an interesting mechanic—lots of explosions—to fight enemies, reach new areas and interact with the world. The official description says it blends traditional action platforming with the "refined contemporary gameplay of Halo and Half-Life 2," something we're still a little confused about.

While Xbox Live Arcade isn't listed as a platform, site Gamerbytes believes that Curve may be working on such a release. Until that's confirmed, enjoy this sharp-looking trailer.

This is his company, Curve Studios.

Your brother is making this?! I saw the trailer yesterday and thought it was awesome, now I feel like a fool...

J/k I was commenting this game with some friends and I really like the premise behind it, as long as it able to keep a fresh use the mechanic through out the game.

And hopefully the graphics on the Wii won't vary much from what is on the trailer.

"Please be bringing it on! I reduce you into brittleness fluid!"

wtf, someone needs to work on their grammar!

Irony maybe?

Looks...kind of interesting, actually. I like explosions, I'd probs need to see some more gameplay footage before I was sold on it, too. Also, is it sposed to be written ExploDemon?

Whats your brother actually doing towards it btw?

I hope its good. I like explosions so I'm sold on the idea. Could be a load of pap for all I know. :heh:

"Please be bringing it on! I reduce you into brittleness fluid!"

wtf, someone needs to work on their grammar!

It's meant to be a parody, from what I remember hearing about it.

Whats your brother actually doing towards it btw?

He founded the company, I think about two years ago now. I think he does a lot of things on the game. He's a programmer but he also has to manage the project along with the other stuff Curve do.

Looks cool. But he's got competition: 'Splosion Man

1238705867.jpg

It's a side-scrolling platformer from the guys who made The Maw. ‘Splosion Man can ‘splode at will, propelling himself around a side-scrolling world and destroying everything in his way.