N-Europe

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

Choze

I love the series to bits and I have my nephew to thank for it. He brought the 1st game over to my house when it was first released and I sat and watched him play it and ever since then I have been hooked, it has become my favourite platforming series after Mario. The only ones I have missed are the Quest for Booty expansion on the PSN and Clank on the PSP.

Quest for Booty is on disc in GAME stores now! Haven't played mine yet, stuck on a extremely annoying level on tools of destruction for months. This is looking awesome! More PS3 platform games please!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I know I'm kind of retreading old ground here but I'm not really that excited for the game. There weren't many memorable moments or cutscenes from ToD, well maybe one cutscene, but when the shooting is the main part of it and it becomes boring despite the large Arsenal these videos coming out aren't quashing the fears and obviously they won't be because all the 'fans' love tons of weapons.

At least it's looking incredibly good visually.

In the first game there were golden bolts hidden around the worlds that were tough to find, you were rewarded with being able to turn the weapons golden. That was goooood, plus there was way more platforming in the first game.

In the first game there were golden bolts hidden around the worlds that were tough to find, you were rewarded with being able to turn the weapons golden. That was goooood, plus there was way more platforming in the first game.

As I said, first game owns. Chicken gun anyone?

Hehe, I can't really remember using it that much, but there was a much larger focus on jumping around and using gadgets etc, plus funny moments were more abundant & IIRC there was a bit more backtracking and swingshotting etc.

That and it was the original so it had more story to explain and was generally awesome.

I think I posted the chicken gun advert somewhere, maybe the previous page. What I do remember was the m3gat0n weapon that cost 50,000/500,000 bolts or whatever, can't remember the name though... Think! Erm - Ah, it was called the RYNO! Such an awesome weapon.

Just taking a line from the R&C wikia:

In Size Matters, Otto asked, "What is more powerful than intellegence?, where Ratchet answered, "The R.Y.N.O.?".
Edited by dwarf

I want better replayablility and some kind of combo score system to keep the shooting a bit more determined.

There was a combo system in the game. After you beat the game and started new game plus the score would multiply after every few badguys you killed, it maxed out at x20 but you lost it if you got hit. This made it easier to get more bolts for the higher powered weapons.

As for replayability, usually the skill points give a great deal of length to the games and I can see alot of them being tied to trophies this time :D

The golden bolts are still in the game and have been in all of them since the start IIRC.

See I've only played R&C 1 and ToD. Playing the latest in the series (not including Booty) was strange because it appeared that the game hadn't really evolved. I have no idea what they experimented with in the games between but it can't have been much.

And I really don't remember golden bolts in ToD. Ah right they are, they just aren't as memorable as in the first game because collecting one in the first was quite an uplifting few seconds:indeed:.

Edited by dwarf

Mahn it appears I've missed out, I thought there was something missing in this game *sigh*. And I do remember there being 1 golden bolt that I couldn't be bothered with getting.

I need to play the game again to do these.

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/ratchet-clank-future-tools-of-destruction/news/ratchet-clank-future-gold-bolt-guide/a-20071026154427741024/g-20060322152643301029

I think I remember collecting a couple of those.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like they're mixing it up a lot in this game, I like it.

Edit: jsut watched the trailer on the PS3, can't get over how good the ending to it is. The writers at Insomniac have a brilliant sense of humour, when Quark floats away I couldn't help but lol.

Edited by dwarf

• 2 weeks later...