NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

Yeah this is what I had to say about it:

I should be excited for that but I'm not. After the first game, Tools of Destruction didn't compare well in my view, and whilst it was a good game there was too large a focus on combat and not enough on platforming. The wit and humour was also few and far between.

I don't know... It all just felt a bit samey. There needs to be a greater focus on gadgets and puzzles - The game has great jump mechanics which are criminally underused, I remember the first being much more fleshed out and varied because it used everything in good measure...

Sorry to be negative, it is a great franchise I just don't know if this will offer anything worthy of my money. If all fails though, at least they gave it a funny name.

Too much shooting as you said - there are usually too many weapons in the game yet there isn't one which feels like the most powerful - they should make it so they have different uses.

It was my first Ratchet game so i enjoyed it. Though platforming wise i wanted more.

As i said in the playstation thread i had never played a ratchet game before ToD and QfB and i loved them both! More of the same for me please! :grin:

Although if i had to critise it, more platforming would be very welcome...

I actually think it would benefit if it took a more stealthy/platform approach - if there were say 6/7 weapons instead of 20+ that are upgradable it would improve tenfold for me. Thing is these mindless fans think it's all about the weapons...

I know what u mean about the weapons though, there was a lot of them and there was some i never even touched! lol.

Yeah I found it annoying because there were too many things to manage all the time - I mean 3 real-time Inventory screens didn't fit everything on! Pffft.

The weapons were awesome. I used all of them in the end so I could get them all maxed out. Made me have to change how I played, which is rare in games.

I want the to introduce combos in regards to the weapons so there was a bit more point to it though.

Basically I want more and bigger.

^ See I did that but found it annoying - the weapons didn't feel like they became more powerful because the enemies took so much more before they went down. It wasn't like the shooting parts were hard because they give you tons of health and its kind of like metroid where you strafe and mash the shoot button. But it worked better in metroid.

Yeah, a couple of the weapons were a bit dumb, like the tornado one.

I just want them to put some kind of point/combo system so there would be motivation to do more than just bouncing off the walls holding the shoot button.

I did enjoy doing it anyway, though. :heh:

Also, like you said, it was a bit annoying how the enemies just upped their health to compensate. I can understand that to a degree but chucking more enemies as well would be nice. Or something.

Edited by Daft

It's kind of hard to show that a weapon becomes more powerful without making it become easy - I'll go back to Metroid again though :p because in the first prime you unlock better beams as you go through but each one retains some uses eg for certain enemies/situations. The last beam (plasma) is really poweful and is fun to use above the others - and the missile combos make it more interesting.

I'd have loved to see a Prime game come to HD consoles.

Yeah it looked decent, hover boots interesting but still focuses on weapons unsurprisingly.

Uncharted 2 will be game of the year.

Looks good. The boots are encouraging. Very blasty as that what Ratchet is.

I'm not a fan of so many weapons yet I find it hard to not like that creature weapon. Hilarious!

Awesome. Cannot wait!

I hope it ups the replay value a bit.

Both R&C's have been amazing on PS3, I look forward to this one.

Did you play the first R&C Ryan? Cause it was much better.

PS2 one? I had a demo of it and liked it, but never bought it.

I'm not a fan of so many weapons yet I find it hard to not like that creature weapon. Hilarious!

1zdvred.gif

Awesome :D

I love the series to bits and I have my nephew to thank for it. He brought the 1st game over to my house when it was first released and I sat and watched him play it and ever since then I have been hooked, it has become my favourite platforming series after Mario. The only ones I have missed are the Quest for Booty expansion on the PSN and Clank on the PSP.

Quest for Booty is definatly worth a play (although if i remember right ur minus a PS3 atm). It's short but a nice good play to continue on after the amazing tools of destruction!

Tools of destruction was the first ratchet game i had ever played!!

The first on the ps2 is best because it had the chicken gun. Yes, a gun that turns your enemies into chickens. Had an awesome commercial to go with this gimmick too. If I could be bothered, would hunt the internet for it. Maybe later

I remember that advert, awesome! Just like the game.

Edited by dwarf

Sign in to follow this