N-Europe

Hey hey, you you, your mum doesn't like your girlfriend

Jav_NE

I have a question for those in relationships...

Do your parents take much interest in your partner?

I only ask because my g/f is convinced my mom hates her. They've only met a few times and my mom has been her usual self. She talks alot, usually about crap and repeats herself about stuff that isn't important, probably one of the reasons why my g/f feels she the way she does. Like last night, on the phone with my mom, she never asked how my g/f was. Is that weird? She does ask occasionally, maybe once in five calls, but it really upsets my g/f that she doesn't take an interest.

I try to explain that its just the way my mother is, but shes convinced its because she doesnt like her. I mean, on the one hand i can see where shes coming from, most normal people would ask how your partner of five years is more often, but then again, my mom has paid for me and my g/f to go on numerous little trips and holidays and that. I think maybe she shows her 'love' with gifts rather than talk. But i dont know. She barely asks me how i am, and when she does its soon cut off by stories about her day =/

Humph.

I love you for the title, made me smile....but yeah, back to the thread. I've always figured it as expected that you mum ends up hating whoever you date...it's just one of those things.

It's not that important no, but it would suck if she did hate her, and wouldn't be fair as my g/f is lovely and hasn't done anything to deserve that.

But yeah, i'm not making a big deal out of it. I'm in brum now and my mom has asked how my g/f is and has talked about her in dribs and drabs, albeit with a little coaxing from me, but i couldnt sense any negativity in her so i think its fine.

I didn't make this thread though, so im not the drama queen it makes me out to be!

Nor did you make the title. Sometimes my wit goes underappreciated.

Its a good title, i'll give you that one.

And just for EEVIL

"I think you need a new one"

Anyway, my Mum has never hated any of my girlfriends except one, and her name was Linzi. And she was a nightmare. A money spending s**t is all i can describe her as really. Worst of the bunch and i try and avoid her as possible. She owed me so much money that i broke her door down to get it back (don't worry, i wasn't prosecuted because i knew her drug habit and she didn't press charges, but i made her pay the bill)

Edited by Jimbob