NEurope
flameboy

Blaze re-releasing Sega Megadrive!

Seen this reported on a couple of sites awesome news...

blaze-sega-mega-drive.jpg

Blaze still thinks that there is a market for the ancient 16-bit Sega Mega Drive console, releasing a home console version that can be plugged straight to your TV. This one goes one up on the original, as it comes with 15 games already pre-loaded, while a cartridge slot allows you to enjoy your old Sega Mega Drive classics from the attic (or purchase some of these via eBay if available). Heck, it won't be confined to just one region, so you're free to duke it out in a Japan-only title if you want to. Each £40 purchase comes with a couple of control pads, a slim design and Altered Beast, Golden Axe and Sonic & Knuckles pre-loaded among others.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2009/03/sega_mega_drive_reincarnated_from_blaze.html

For those that don't know blaze are the company who have made a host of plug and play style megadrive collections for your tv as well as a handheld version with games built in...

I saw this yesterday and I am very tempted. Id probably prefer to get the Mega Drive 2 again like I had when I was younger but the built in games might change my mind.

I prefer my Sega Multi-Mega :heart: but for just playing Megadrive games thats a damn good unit for it's size and nice value too.

I'm pretty tempted myself since I lost my power adapter for my MDII. It looks ugly tough.

Looks alright, and £40 for it as well is great value. I'm tempted in a way to pick this up, but i got enough consoles atm to keep me amused. Still, good for playing old Mega Drive games though.

I'll probably get it eventually for the sake of collecting stuff, but not any time soon.

Although this seems cool, I'd like them to release a version that plays Mega CD and 32X games. Sure, more expensive, but it'd be a collectors dream.

I'd love for Blaze to release an N64, with modernised controllers (I don't ever wanna see any dust coming from the analogue sticks, nor do I want to switch batteries on the Rumble Pack, and some better ergonomics would WHUP ARSE).

Its basically the same thing as the handheld sega they did with the ability to accept cartridges. Meh I say. I brought two for my 7 and 8 year old cousins and they both developed faults after a day.

Although this seems cool, I'd like them to release a version that plays Mega CD and 32X games. Sure, more expensive, but it'd be a collectors dream.

I'd love for Blaze to release an N64, with modernised controllers (I don't ever wanna see any dust coming from the analogue sticks, nor do I want to switch batteries on the Rumble Pack, and some better ergonomics would WHUP ARSE).

That's a big thing for me...recently been thinking about getting a megadrive and mega cd...this obviously won't be compatible.

Its basically the same thing as the handheld sega they did with the ability to accept cartridges. Meh I say. I brought two for my 7 and 8 year old cousins and they both developed faults after a day.

The handheld ones were dodgy build quality, but I think the plug and play ones that went in the TV were pretty good... The big thing for me is that its region free means importing any old games via ebay would be easy...wonder if there will be any issues tho.

That's a big thing for me...recently been thinking about getting a megadrive and mega cd...this obviously won't be compatible.

The big thing for me is that its region free means importing any old games via ebay would be easy...wonder if there will be any issues tho.

This is why I'll always prefer playing Sega games on my Multi-Mega, though if you want to get a Mega Drive and Mega CD they don't go for a huge amount, probably less than this small plug and play unit with actual physical games and controllers too. :)

As for region locking... I could always play American and Japanese cartridges on my PAL Megadrive with no problems at all.

hmmm thats pretty cool but id prefer a snes one I reckon, my snes packed up a few years ago and havent bought a replacement.

I only wish I still had my megadrive games :(..

It;s different these days but a warning..

DONT EVER SELL YOUR GOOD GAMES YOU WILL REGRET IT :(

I only wish I still had my megadrive games :(..

It;s different these days but a warning..

DONT EVER SELL YOUR GOOD GAMES YOU WILL REGRET IT :(

Luckily the only console I have ever sold was old Mega Drive and that's pretty easy to get back (I already have, just need some games I used to have). I'm glad I kept my other systems since I would only have had to go out and buy more retro junk!

Has no one seen how many Sega games there are on the VC? From what I can tell, Sega are supporting the VC better than Nintendo are!