NEurope
Dan_Dare

Live Music

My favourite gigs:

Brand New, with mewithoutyou supporting. Simply superb.

Lostprophets at Astoria, they were sweet sounding! Love them.

Tellison, no-one will know who they are I'm guessing since they are small time at the moment, but they literally love playing, the lead singer is always smiling and the energy and excitement is immense. Me and my friend have been to see them every time they tour so far. Awesome!

I've seen quite a few others, but those always stand out in my mind. Seen quite a few that others have as well, mainly at festivals.

Missed out on Rise Against at the weekend is a shame, but there is a strong rumour they are to play Reading which would be great!

My favourite gigs:

Brand New, with mewithoutyou supporting. Simply superb.

fuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuck

youfuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuck

youfuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuck

youfuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuck

youfuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuckyou...

Gigs = What a crock of shit.

I usually don't comment on posts like this, but that is the most depressingly shit opinion I've ever read in my life.

Please say that again after you've heard "the" note in Perfect by Alanis Morissette live. I literally started crying.

If all goes to plan tomorrow I shall be seeing Taake, supported by Helheim, Vulture Industries, and Eastern Front. I don't know about those last two bands, but i'm expecting Taake and Helheim to be quite good at least.

I've only ever been to two gigs, Radiohead and Tommy Emmanuel, both were fantastic.

I've also been to Tvital (a mini urban festival type thingy majig).

From what I can remember, I saw Snow Patrol, who were shit; Kaiser Chiefs, who were extremely energetic and fun, even though they're music ain't so great; Editors, who were quite good and The Raconteurs, who were pretty disappointing.

People need to say where they went to see these bands!

Where did you see Radiohead? Anyone see them at Manchester Cricket Ground last year?

Good gig. Shitty crowd.

I usually don't comment on posts like this, but that is the most depressingly shit opinion I've ever read in my life.

Please say that again after you've heard "the" note in Perfect by Alanis Morissette live. I literally started crying.

I like how Paj and yourself try to convince Eevil that gigs aren't that bad by using examples of amazing experiences you both had from bands he doesn't listen to or even like! They're moot points, to be quite honest.

I really couldn't picture Eevil in the crowd at any type of live gig, and definitely not at one where there would be strobe lighting. :hmm:

As for me: Nope, never really been to a gig. Wouldn't mind going to at least one, to be honest.

Having said that, I went to a Battle of the Bands competition at school a few years back. It was shit, the winning band played Smells Like Teen Spirit thrice and raped it each time. Put me off the song entirely. :nono:

I like how Paj and yourself try to convince Eevil that gigs aren't that bad by using examples of amazing experiences you both had from bands he doesn't listen to or even like!

I didn't listen to Sigur Ros before I saw them. I had only really listened to Alanis' first album when I saw her.

I hadn't ever heard Justice before when I saw them (well I'd heard the shitty recording of D.A.N.C.E) but they were so incredibly awesome live.

You don't have to love or even know a band to love them live.

He lumped every single musical act that performed on stage under one flawed umbrella, and I commented as thus. He was referring to seeing bands that just performed a worse version of their album on stage, of which there are many.

I corrected his assumption that this was how every gig was.

Where did you see Radiohead? Anyone see them at Manchester Cricket Ground last year?

Good gig. Shitty crowd.

I saw them at Malahide castle in Dublin, it was awesome, really really amazing.

If you like an artist enough you should desire to see them live! I k now not everyone could

To label gigs as crocks of shit is a pretty crappy statement to make though.

I'm going to agree, just because some gigs are ''shit'' doesn't mean they all are. Its like branding every ice cream flavour together as ''shit''

There are exception, say people who can't physically eat ice-cream..but it does seem incredibly negative..

I'm going to agree, just because some gigs are ''shit'' doesn't mean they all are. Its like branding every ice cream flavour together as ''shit''

There are exception, say people who can't physically eat ice-cream..but it does seem incredibly negative..

No-one can physically not see a gig though. There is nothing stopping you!

Also, I really want to see Kill Hannah :(

Way to convince him.. crying at an Alanis Morissette gig isn't exactly in everyones top 1000 things to do before they die.

Way to convince him.. crying at an Alanis Morissette gig isn't exactly in everyones top 1000 things to do before they die.

:bowdown:

If I still had my hall of quotes, that'd be in there like a shot.

No-one can physically not see a gig though. There is nothing stopping you!

Also, I really want to see Kill Hannah :(

They were really good, alot of people had no idea who they were, they were main stage too if I recall :smile:

*Bets ten pounds that you're basing your opinion on Ironic, one of her least good songs*

I've always found I could somewhat relate to Perfect because my parents were always just average I had to be good. (but then not really, since my parents don't scream at me) Hearing it live - acoustic, quiet yet powerful, so heartfelt, it was amazing. Then that lovely note.

:heart:

And it's probably in my top 1000 memories ever. *Shrugs shoulders*

*Bets ten pounds that you're basing your opinion on Ironic, one of her least good songs*

I'm willing to say that you owe the guy a tenner now. His comment was nothing to do with any specific song or artist; it was just a comment on the act of crying, and how it isn't generally what people want to do at a gig, let alone something that can convince someone like EEVILMURRAY to at all admit that live music is something that only a complete retard would blanket-assume of being rubbish.

I'm willing to say that you owe the guy a tenner now.

Don't worry, I had my fingers crossed. :p

His comment was nothing to do with any specific song or artist; it was just a comment on the act of crying, and how it isn't generally what people want to do at a gig,

Nobody wants to cry. It's a human emotion. I didn't plan my evening around it.

I'm just saying that hearing it live was 100 times better than hearing the much less emotion-filled recording.

Also, having seen Bjork live has made me appreciate Cocoon much more. Before, I used to skip over it, since the vocals are quite annoying and hard to understand. But during the concert it was one of the highlights.

It was the first time I had actually listened to the lyrics. Literally lovely to hear, especially when sung without all the crap in the background which distract my ears in the album recording.

Who would have known

That a boy like him

Would have entered me lightly

Restoring my blisses

Who would have known

That a boy like him

After sharing my core

Would stay, going nowhere

Who would have known

That a boy like him

Possessed of magical

Sensitivity

Would approach a girl like me

Who caresses, cradles his head

In a bosom

He slides inside

Half awake, half asleep

We faint back

Into sleephood

When I wake up

The second time

In his arms

Gorgeousness

He's still inside me

A blissful song about love-filled sex.

I'm willing to say that you owe the guy a tenner now. His comment was nothing to do with any specific song or artist; it was just a comment on the act of crying, and how it isn't generally what people want to do at a gig, let alone something that can convince someone like EEVILMURRAY to at all admit that live music is something that only a complete retard would blanket-assume of being rubbish.

Cheers for explaining it a lot better and with fewer expletives than I would have used.

To me a gig is all about letting go and enjoying the music. Usually when you listen to sit and sing along in your mind, and if alone or drunk maybe do a little air guitar. But at a gig you can sing along at the top of your voice, jump around like a maniac, headbang like theres no tomorrow and generally let it all out. And you do this while, as Bard so perfectly put it, hearing a "stripped down, rawer version of what you heard on record".

Thats why I like gigs.

To me a gig is all about letting go and enjoying the music. Usually when you listen to sit and sing along in your mind, and if alone or drunk maybe do a little air guitar. But at a gig you can sing along at the top of your voice, jump around like a maniac, headbang like theres no tomorrow and generally let it all out. And you do this while, as Bard so perfectly put it, hearing a "stripped down, rawer version of what you heard on record".

More or less yeah.

Crying or not, it doesn't matter. One person could be crying, the person beside moshing...who cares? As Gizmo says, it's about letting go and it being pure enjoyment.

Good gig. Shitty crowd.

I went to that.

possibly one of the best days ever:smile:

and i dunno about the crowd. When everyone sang along to Paranoid Android towards the end I was euphoric with the giddy pleasure of it all.

Best live shows I've seen were Arcade Fire at the Barrowlands 2 years ago and Flaming Lips at the Academy in '03

both absolutely amazing shows

U2 were also really good when I saw them, Metallica as well

Hopefully I'll catch The Boss this summer at Hampden (tickets on sale Friday!)