NEurope
Dan_Dare

Live Music

I've seen Muse once, and it was slightly disappointing to what I was expecting. Basically, they played the entire album listing of Black Holes and Revelations in order and then did the old stuff afterwards. As such, the element of surprise was lost. To top it off, there wasn't all that much interaction with the crowd, which I was a bit gutted at.

But, to take the piss, they also performed at the same arena the day after, with a better setlist, and apparantly that was the better gig. Fucking typical, isn't it?

Playing the album in order just really got to me. The best part of going to a gig, for me, is not knowing what is coming next. Hearing a song you weren't expecting to hear come on, or hearing the opening riff of Plug-In Baby is exactly what makes a gig great. So, they lost brownie points from me for that. :(

That'd piss me off, too. How odd, I don't think I've ever heard of them doing that. Most of the time they open with Knights of Cydonia and end with Take a Bow which works really well, surprisingly (Or they did the one time I saw them and on the HAARP dvd/cd). The rest of the setlist was jumbled up; some of it was BHAR, some Absolution, think they even played a B-Side at the second gig of theirs I saw.

Bands sometimes play albums in their entirety which are considered their best or for an anniversary but Muse doing BHAR is just weird. Jimmy Eat World have been playing Clarity in its entirity and the same with Thursday with Full Collapse.

Just to add additional information, this was not long after the release of Black Holes and Revelations, but I still wasn't expecting them to do that. Actually, in terms of overall enjoyment, I didn't enjoy the gig all that much at all. When you realise that (three songs in) you know what is coming, it does take some of the enjoyment away.

However, once they finished that album, the crowd loved hearing the old stuff. The reaction to Plug-in Baby was great. I just wish that they had mixed things up a bit. For most of the gig, I could just have stayed at home, because I don't feel that I gained much from it, except from hearing Knights of Cydonia...which I didn't like up until that point. Now, I love it. So, I guess that's something.

Last live gig/concert i went to was Bon Jovi at Ashton Gate back in June last year. Darn good it was. They did a few new songs from the Lost Highway album and many classics as well including It's My Life and Living on a Prayer.

I'm thinking about going to see Jacko in July, not sure though.

Well when I went to see Muse the set list was (thanks to Muse wiki

1. Take a Bow

2. New Born

3. Butterflies & Hurricanes

4. Map of the Problematique + Maggie's Farm outro

5. City of Delusion

6. Plug in Baby

7. Forced In (instrumental)

8. Hysteria

9. Soldier's Poem

10. Invincible

11. Supermassive Black Hole

12. Time is Running Out

13. Starlight

14. Stockholm Syndrome

Encore:

15. Citizen Erased

16. Bliss (extended)

Encore 2:

17. Hoodoo

18. Knights of Cydonia

Needless to say it was the best night of my life.

Maaan I love the Maggie's Farm outro they play sometimes. 30-60 seconds of pure rock.

Ah, seeing Muse that year was amazing I think. I really enjoyed that gig, even tough I had no one with me (well my dad and uncle and some other people were there, but I left them and stood on my own, haha).

This was the set list, which I thought was great. =D

1. Take a Bow

2. Map of the Problematique + Maggie's Farm outro

3. Butterflies & Hurricanes

4. Supermassive Black Hole

5. New Born

6. Assassin

7. City of Delusion

8. Forced In (instrumental)

9. Bliss (extended) + balloons music interlude

10. Feeling Good

11. Hoodoo

12. Invincible

13. Time Is Running Out

14. Plug In Baby

Encore:

15. Soldier's Poem (guitar)

16. Starlight

17. Hysteria

18. Stockholm Syndrome + riff + riffs

Encore 2:

19. Muscle Museum

20. Knights of Cydonia

I generally love going to gigs/concerts/festivals though. Have been to quite a few and I just love the atmosphere, and seeing your favourite band play live (or finding some new bands to like).

I think the highlight this year for me has been Sigur Ros, but then again I haven't seen that many bands yet this year (maybe some during summer but I doubt it).

Ah yes, seeing Muse live, that was an incredible experience! I went with my Dad, it was an awesome night! One of the best gigs we've ever been to tbh.

Here's the setlist...

1. Take a Bow

2. Hysteria

3. Map of the Problematique

4. Butterflies & Hurricanes

5. Assassin (extended)

6. Plug In Baby

7. Forced In

8. Bliss (Extended)

9. Sunburn (Piano version)

10. Hoodoo

11. Invincible

12. Supermassive Black Hole

13. Time Is Running Out

14. New Born

--------------- ENCORE 1 ----------------

15. Starlight

16. Stockholm Syndrome (+ riff)

--------------- ENCORE 2 ----------------

17. Muscle Museum

18. Knights of Cydonia

The only concert I´ve been in was when Amon Amarth played here, it was fucking awesome. After the concert I was in the mood to go pillaging.

Which makes me ever more pissed that Wacken this year is sold out, especially with such a great line up this year :/

Looking forward to seeing Amon Amarth myself.

You really think the Wacken line-up is great? I think it's a bit crap so far, some great bands, just not many of them for me. Hopefully it will get better. I have a ticket :P Hellfest and Bloodstock have better line-ups so far imo.

After the last gig I went to, I concluded that:

Winterfylleth - Awesome (but I already knew that)

Eastern Front - Not too bad

Vulture Industries - Weird, like many said, a lesser Arcturus

Helheim - Very good Viking band

Taake - Evil, excellent

I just got back from Fall Out Boy (I deserve all the mockery you throw at me) at the O2 Arena, and I'm pretty much disappointed. Last time I saw them was over 3 years ago, just after From Under the Cork Tree came out. The set was more energetic, played better songs and it was ultimately a better night out.

Tonight was too much of a show, too much concentration on lighting, pyro and shit that doesn't matter. Not to mention they only played two tracks off Take This To Your Grave.

Don't get me started on the amount of kids, and some 12 year old slag threatening to stab my mate because she didn't want to be shoved.. Get a fucking seat then you nob, not standing..

Rating 4/10 - Poor Effort

On the Muse theme, I saw them at Wembley Stadium 2 years ago?. Twas ok. Not great to be fair.

And Ramar that's what you get for going to see a band like fall out boy....... ;)

I am going to ACDC live, and have seen Foos and Muse. Ans ACDC will have to be incredible to beat Muse. Best band since Guns n Roses by a mile

I HATE playing album orders. Only MCR did that of gigs I've been to, and in their defence, it's part of the "concept of their album", as the two section were markedly different (new vs. old).

That's another reason why I love Tori Amos. She has an immense back catalogue to turn to, and she NEVER does the same setlist twice, unless it's an offical like filming for a DVD or whatever. It's always mixed up and from random eras etc. She'll play her famous songs like Cornflake Girl after a forgotten B-side from the Mission Impossible 2 soundtrack etc. Next night, neither will appear. :D

MCR are shit live- you do not turn down that bloody awesome guitar and focus on that shit whiney voice

I have seen the following

Muse10/10

MCR 4/10

Biffy Clyro 7/10

Shy Child 0/10

Foo Fighters 8/10

Futureheads 6/10

Supergrass 7/10

Franz ferdinand 8/10

MCR are shit live- you do not turn down that bloody awesome guitar and focus on that shit whiney voice

To be fair, I was naive when I saw them. It was my first real gig. I'd only seen S Club 7 and gone to Live 8 before that.

Oh by the way I only saw MCR because they were supporting muse

I've never understood what people think is so great about Muse live. I saw them in 2006 and they were just like any other good band really. They just stood there and played their songs well. I'm guessing maybe Muse are just good in relation to most other popular music? I didn't sense they created much of an atmosphere that was out of the ordinary, if anything I thought they were quite boring to watch.

One thing though, Knights of Cydonia was superb. I didn't even like that song, but live was awesome when it stopped and the words came up in lights behind them. Writing it down it doesn't seem all that impressive, but that was a stadium rock moment.

Just got back from seeing Franz Ferdinand at the academy in Brum, bleeding fantastic! The crowd were mental, was like being in a giant mosh pit!

The new stuff sounds fantastic live :D The support act were really good too, no idea who they were but i want their album!

Oh, and because everyone else has done it:

Blink 182

The Offspring

Ash

The Distillers

Taking Back Sunday (Twice)

Goldie Lookin Chain (4 Times)

Hundred Reasons (Twice)

Morissey

The Libertines

Franz Ferdinand (Twice)

Razorlight (Twice)

Funeral For a Friend (3 Times)

Dizee Rascal (Twice)

Green Day

50 Cent

Placebo (Twice)

Lostprophets (4 Times)

The Streets (Twice)

Dropkick Murphies (3 Times)

The Rasmus

British Sea Power (Twice

Dogs Die In Hot Cars

The Futureheads (3 Times

LCD Soundsystem (Twice)

!!!

A

Kasabian

Arctic Monkeys (3 Times)

The Subways (4 Times)

Fightstar (Twice)

Death From Above 1979

The Dead 60's (Twice)

Nine Black Alps

The Kills (Twice)

Hot Hot Heat

Arcade Fire

Bloc Party

Pixies

The Killers (Twice)

Queens Of The Stone Age (Twice)

The Coral (Twice)

Elbow

Graham Coxon (Twice)

Biffy Clyro (Twice)

The Chatlatans (Twice)

Kings Of Leon

Foo Fighters (4 Times)

Iron Maiden

Marilyn Manson

Incubus (Twice)

Alkaline Trio (3 Times)

My Chemical Romance (Twice)

Bedouin Soundclash (Twice)

Eagles Of Death Metal

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly

Rise Against

Primal Scream

The Vines

Mystery Jets (Twice)

Gogol Bordello

Jet

The Fall

The Automatic (3 Times)

Be Your Own Pet

Maximo Park (3 Times)

Panic! At The Disco

Muse (Twice)

Feeder (3 Times)

Dirty Pretty Things

The Cribs (Twice)

Pearl Jam

Slayer

Less Than Jake (3 Times)

Random Hand

The King Blues

Flogging Molly

Goldfinger

The Ting Tings

The Music

Conor Oberst

Rage Against The Machine

The Enemy

Serj Tankian

Tenacious D

Metallica

Story Of The Year (Twice)

Radiohead

Beck

Dandy Warhols

Starsailor

Gomez

The Cooper Temple Clause

The Dears

Oceansize

We Are Scientists (Twice)

Kula Shaker

Orson

Fatboy Slim

Echo and the Bunnymen

Art Brut

The Young Knives (Twice)

Manic Street Preachers

Willy Mason

Snow Patrol

Kanye West

Babyshambles

The Holloways

Ghosts

The Hoosiers

Girls Aloud

Sugababes

The Stranglers

Delays

Broadway Calls

The Audition

Hot Chip

Travis

Guillemots

The Prodigy

The Pogues

Jamie T

Roots Manuva

InMe

The Hives

Fandangle

Coming up:

Spunge + Fandangle

Hundred Reasons + Johnny Foreigner

Blur

Download Festival

Bloc Party

The Prodigy + Dizzee Rascal

There's a few missing from that list, support acts that i can't remember the names of mostly

Fandangle! :bowdown:

Are awesome. And this time i WILL make it back with their album, drunken antics resulted in me vaulting a wall and landing on the CD last time :blush: Wound up with a sprained (and very swollen) ankle too, but it was the CD that i was upset about :laughing:

I saw Fandangle at Slam Dunk last year. Was awesome. Good albums to check out?

Tv on the Radio tickets on sale thursday morning for Brixton in July...

Must get >_<

I saw Fandangle at Slam Dunk last year. Was awesome. Good albums to check out?

Their debut album Fly Away is great. Is also the only album they have out right now. They're my local band of choice :heh:

They also have an EP out and I believe another single but not positive on if that's true or not.

So I have decided that I am definately going to try and go to Reading Fest this year. I had considered it fleetingly previously, but a friend mentioned he was going and then completely hyped me up for it to the point that I am determined to go. Any other KNEE'rs going to be going?

So I have decided that I am definately going to try and go to Reading Fest this year. I had considered it fleetingly previously, but a friend mentioned he was going and then completely hyped me up for it to the point that I am determined to go. Any other KNEE'rs going to be going?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

YESSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

Speaking of Reading Festival hype, read this.

http://dysonism.com/post/82692879/and-it-turns-me-on-like-a-strangers-love

I love O2. Not only do they provide me with a cheap phone bill, cheap broadband and good customer service I have also got Pre sale tickets for Tv on the Radio at Brixton through the o2 Blueroom. :D

If anyone gets a presale link for Brand New it would be much appreciated.

Anyone off to see Frank Turner in oct? Dyson?

OCTOBER

13 Dublin, Academy 2

14 Belfast Stiff Kitten Club

15 Glasgow QMU

16 Manchester Academy 2

17 Newcastle Uni

18 Nottingham Rock City

19 Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall

20 Oxford Academy

22 Leeds Met University

23 Cambridge Junction

24 Plymouth University

25 Exeter Lemon Grove

26 Bristol Anson Rooms

27 Cardiff University

28 Winchester Guildhall

29 London Shepherd’s Bush

Really want to go to Leeds Met but my gig mate goes to uni in sept so im not sure :/