NEurope
Dan_Dare

Live Music

me too man. They're fucking superb. Colour me very jealous that you've seen them 'net.

I read they hardly ever play or tour though. A pity.

I've seen to many bands to list them all. I've see New Found Glory every time they tour. Their gigs are so energetic!

Here's the bands I've seen live, bold ones being my favourite gigs, though I saw some of them at Festivals (Give it a Name 2006, Reading 2006)...

Angels & Airwaves x2

Arctic Monkeys

The Ataris

Atreyu

Avril Lavigne x2

Bayside

Black Tide

The Blackout

Broken Social Scene

Bullet for my Valentine

Classic Case

The Darkness x2

D'espairsRay

Dir En Grey x2

Dimmu Borgir

Disturbed

Drive By

Fall Out Boy

Feeder x2

Fightstar

Finch

Flogging Molly

Foo Fighters x2

Franz Ferdinand x2

Green Day x2

Goldfinger

Goldie Lookin Chain

Hell is for Heroes

Hundred Reasons

In Case of Fire

Kaiser Chiefs

Killswitch Engage

Lamb of God

Lacuna Coil

Less Than Jake

Lostprophets x2

Men, Women & Children

Mindless Self Indulgence

MUCC

Muse x2

My Chemical Romance x3

Panic! at the Disco

Paramore

Placebo

Rammstein x2

Say Anything

Simple Plan

Slayer

The Streets

The Subways

Taking Back Sunday x2

Thrice

Trivium

We Are Scientists

Wolfmother

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Damn' there's some crap bands there, my taste has changed a lot methinks. Oh, and I'm going to be seeing these bands/events so far this year...

Combichrist

Download 2009

Gillgamesh

The Prodigy

Weeeeeeeeeeeee, Reading lineup and tickets released on Monday 30th March. :D

Coolfunkman hi-five for MSI, I loved seeing them live, such a decent gig and everybody seemed really awesome! Rather than trying to punch you in the face..

- MSI

- Rise against x 2

- Hadouken! (These considering how much of a teenie following they have are really good in person, small place I saw them in made it better!)

- Trivium (Before their sh*te stuff)

- Taking back sunday

- Lost prophets

- Fightstar (didn't really know many songs at that point, but they were still pretty good!)

- Kill hannah

- The used (<3)

- Alexisonfire

- HIM (I didn't like seeing them, didn't help all the adults brought their children, only to see these)

Theres a few more I think, but cannot be bothered to remember them. I'm not really seeing anybody else this year, except going to download (finally). I do want to see 30 seconds to mars/ 36 crazyfists and lady gaga.

Awesome :). Il be on here again helping people get tickets :D

I posted in the music thread that over the coming months I will be seeing a few bands I've wanted to see for years, Devo, Throbbing Gristle, Young Marble Giants and The Jesus Lizard which is going to be a hell of a lot of fun.

Im going to see Devo and The Jesus Lizard too as well as David Byrne and Plaid. Well excited as last time I saw Devo they were probably the best band I have seen live. Im still working out if I want to stand anywhere near dave yow when I go see the The Jesus Lizard though.

I want to go Faith No More too since they have reformed. This year is far too expensive for gigs already

I think this thread would benifit greatly from less lists and more opinions!

My three favourite gigs are probably:

3. Rise Against

I just saw these guys a few days ago. I love the band but was actually surprised by how great they were live. The main singer has a really powerful voice and seemed to be having a genuinely great time. They played some classics and some new songs I didn't even recognise, but mostly they played songs from the previous two albums which are my favourites. I would've loved to have heard 1000 Good Intentions but couldn't complain since an acoustic was whipped out for the all around good-feeling Swing Life Away. Oh and they were supported by Anti-Flag which I didn't even realise until I got there.... Fuck Police Brutality really took me back to being about 14. For a band that's like 20 years old they sure looked young.

2. AFI - Leeds Festival 2003

I caught these guys more recently in Camden but... back in 03 STS had just been released and it was borderline awesome-sellout stuff that was still amazingly fun to see. The main point is they hadn't hit the mainstream yet, so the show was the last one I'll ever catch where they played a lot of old stuff to a small audience and Davey did his crowdwalk without losing a shoe to a rabid fan. I caught Hundred Reasons straight before them (who were cool, but the mic was too quiet) and used the opportunity to squeeze my way to a railing spot in time for the show. The intro was as epic as always and they even played Cruise Control.*

1. System of a Down - Leeds 03 again

I wasn't even that big a fan of SOAD. My friend was and it was his main reason for wanting to go to Leeds that year. I had tried to get along with the album, I could enjoy all those obvious tracks, Chop Suey etcetera, but I just couldn't bring myself to care that much. My tastes were moving away from metal and towards more fun things. But man, that show totally changed it for me. It was just such an amazing amount of energy, to be stuffed in at the front of a band so big in a crowd so dense - bouncing around getting sweaty and lots of elbows to the face, screaming along with thousands of people.... The barrier was broken early on and while they fixed that, the guitarist just sang some random, amazing vocals. It was just totally unforgettable, and that was when I wasn't even a fan....

*I realise a lot of people probably won't know what I'm going on about, but once upon a time, before they took a turn for the totally suck, I was into AFI in a slightly obsessive, slightly crazy sort of way.

I'm jealous that you got to see system of a down Shorty..so very very jealous. Hmmf.

I'm not really one for concerts, I've only been to 2. I can't remember the first bands name, it was some guy from busted with a new band? I dunno I only went because of my mates I didn't really like it. Second was to go and see Robbie Williams haha again only went because all my mates were going but then with alcohol you can dance to anything.

Going to see Franz Ferdinand on wed, I'm not a massive fan but either way it should be good lol anyone else going or seen them before? They any good?

I'm jealous that you got to see system of a down Shorty..so very very jealous. Hmmf.

I saw them too- back in my misspent youth n all that. Good times, as I recall. The Dillinger Escape Plan supported too which was...beyond me, at the time. Frankly most of their material still is. Mental band.:smile:

I've been to quite a few gigs, but my favourite ones have been...

Millencolin - Any of the 6 times i've seen them, as they're my favourite band.

Alexisonfire - Both times were friggin sweet

Blink 182 - Once at reading, twice at stand-alone gigs. All were awesome.

The Prodigy - Wow. A totally surreal and amazing experience!

Thanks for the heads-up. I've heard somewhere that AC/DC and Kings of Leon are dead certs to headline.

Coolfunkman hi-five for MSI, I loved seeing them live, such a decent gig and everybody seemed really awesome! Rather than trying to punch you in the face..

*High-fives*

They're deffinitely a great feel-good band, it makes a nice change tbh. When/where did you see them? They were headlining the Kerrang Reltnless Tour in January when I saw them at Birmingham.

Oh, and wall of hugs ftw! XD

Awesome :). Il be on here again helping people get tickets :D

Seriously - I pretty much have you to thank for me and my friends getting tickets last year. Was it not you who posted the backdoor for the SeeTickets website? It's how we all got ours. The same again and many many thanks will be thrown your way :D

*High-fives*

They're deffinitely a great feel-good band, it makes a nice change tbh. When/where did you see them? They were headlining the Kerrang Reltnless Tour in January when I saw them at Birmingham.

Oh, and wall of hugs ftw! XD

I saw them at give it a name in 2007, only reason I went that day was because of them and kill hannah!

- Hadouken! (These considering how much of a teenie following they have are really good in person, small place I saw them in made it better!)

Agree totally. Second time i saw them they were especially good and there cover of Breathe by The Prodigy is great live.

I should be going to Give It a Name this year hopefully so I'll get to see Thursday live this year:D

Seriously - I pretty much have you to thank for me and my friends getting tickets last year. Was it not you who posted the backdoor for the SeeTickets website? It's how we all got ours. The same again and many many thanks will be thrown your way :D

Yeah it was : peace: . They'll be on eFestivals again so il just copy it here again if no one else does before hand. Or if i get through early il just post that one. Fingers crossed every on here get them again :)

Zell: I think its Arctic Monkeys, Kings Of Leon and Radiohead. Apparently AC/DC wrote on their website that they were playing but i dont know whether to believe that. Id like either tbh but i reckon its more likely to be Radiohead just for the fact that eFestivals has them down as a strong rumour.

Top 5 Live bands im loved:

RATM, Leeds Festival 08 - High expectations for these and i thought they might be a bit too high but i was wrong. Flawless.

New Found Glory, Leeds Cockpit - Such a small show for a band that usually plays venues 5 times the size. They're amazing every time but this was so special

Alexisonfire, GIAN 07 - Bored after losing my mate. All the bands leading up to these were pretty boring. Then Alexis came out and blew me away. Caught Dallas' water bottle as well haha.

Saosin, Leeds Cockpit - Small venue. Every single person there loved the band. Well worth running for the train with about 2 minutes left tiill it set off :)

Brand New, GIAN 07 - So so so good. Welcome to Bangkok with 2 drummers and a few other people bashing away at different bits of the kit.

I saw them at give it a name in 2007, only reason I went that day was because of them and kill hannah!

Coolness! I hope they tour again soon, I can't wait to see them again. I hope they play Download this year, that'd be awesome!

Shame Muse won't be playing this year. Looks like 2010 is gonna be a necessity since they've said they're in talks with Festival Republic!

Would love to see KoL and Radiohead, and probably Arctic Monkeys too actually. Good headliners they've got there. My mate really wants to see Tenacious D come back again this eyar but it's highly unlikely. Don't see it happening personally.

I hope Frank Turner and of course MGMT play Reading though - missed them this year as I wasn't a fan of either but have discovered them since and learned of my mistake!

The Flaming Lips

nuff said

When did you see them? We may have been at the same gig. You could of been the guy that tried to hold my hand!

Ooh yeah, I've seen... The Flaming Lips, Tool, Elbow, Deerhoof, Two Gallants, Idlewild, The Who, Radiohead, The Long Blondes and some support acts I've forgotten.

Shame Muse won't be playing this year. Looks like 2010 is gonna be a necessity since they've said they're in talks with Festival Republic!

Well, at least there's likely to be a Muse tour at the end of the year, the band have said so themselves. Whilst they make an awesome headliner, I still prefer to see them on thier own tour.

I'm not really one for concerts, I've only been to 2. I can't remember the first bands name, it was some guy from busted with a new band?

Could only be "Fightstar" or "Son of Dork" lol.

I hope Frank Turner and of course MGMT play Reading though - missed them this year as I wasn't a fan of either but have discovered them since and learned of my mistake!

Yeah i really hope Frank Turner plays again. Going to see him with Gaslight Anthem tomorrow. Cant wait :D

In my youth I used to go to gigs a lot. My favourite experiences are:

Beck (Odelay tour): His performance was pretty sweet - the robot dance was more of a novelty in 1996/7. Had time to sign tickets after the show too. Missed the last coach/train home and spent the night on the streets of Manchester.

Incubus (Supporting Korn in 1997 on Life is peachy tour!): These guys weren't well known at all, but blew the crowd away. Missed the last coach/train home and spent the night on the streets of Newcastle.

Screaming Trees (Dust tour): Not very animated but Mark Lanegan was just hanging around in the bar afterwards. I went up to him, and like a total goon, shook his hand and told him how amazing the show all was. He said, in a gravelly voice, "thank you." Missed the last coach/train home and spent the night on the streets of Newcastle.

Sonic Youth (Washing Machine tour): Got loads of signed stuff from them. It was funny seeing Thurston and Kim's kid watching stuff from the side with massive ear muffs on. Missed the last coach/train home and spent the night on the streets of Manchester.

Common themes -

Met all the above acts by hanging around stage doors/back entrances before/after shows.

Acted like a starstruck idiot when I did meet them.

Always missed coaches/trains home. (Why didn't my parents care about this?!?!)

Getting stuff signed is gay. It's just someone's writing.