NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Pancake Day

Of course, wouldn't be pancake day without umm..... pancakes!

Toppings include but not limited to syrup, sugar and lemon, jam, chocolate spread or just lemon.

I may be having pancakes or I may be having an unnameable mess. Depends on how they turn out.

I may be having pancakes or I may be having an unnameable mess. Depends on how they turn out.

I haven't had a pancake in months.. but tonight that is all gonna change!

I think I'll have a Meatball Marinara from Subway for lunch.. and then instead of having dinner later I may just have a couple of big pancakes with some lemon juice.. :smile:

Wait, what? It's pancake day?! Buggeration, I forgot about it again! >< I like pancakes too, and it's too late for me to go and get some because I have work soon. :(

It's sad, on pancake day I normally eat nothing but pancakes, pancakes for breakfast, pancakes for lunch, pancakes for dinner. But I work now, I didn't have time for my morning pancakes, and eating pancakes can be messy, so no pancakes for me at lunch in the office. Dinner time will be pancake time and I will enjoy it.

My mum makes these amazing savoury pancakes with chicken and mushroom and general saucyness, so will be having them followed by a cheeky Nutella one I imagine. Mmm pancakes.

I swear there are like four of these things a year.

Tonight I've been invited to a 'pancake party' which should be... interesting. I always find the rituals around such a teeny tiny bit of crap is a bit much. People get so excited! Then you eat them in one mouthful and have to wait five minutes for your turn to have another one.

I've already had pancakes (with lemon juice and sugar of course), hopefully will have some more after dinner.

:love: pancakes :love:

Nutella is standard, and obligatory. Can't be doing with this boring lemon and sugar bull shit.

And my sister got me some of that American Fluff stuff, strawberry flavour marshmallowy goo stuff, so that might be nice too.

I am at work this evening, so I'll be buying some of those Microwave pancakes we have at the co-op. I also had them last year, quite nice for a microwave product. :)

I'm hungry, so I'm off to make some. I have a rough idea of what to do and how much stuff to use, but no idea how many pancakes I'll get out of it (if I manage to make any at all).

My mum brought home some microwavable pancakes yesterday, which were meant for today, but being the greedy pig that I am, I ate 4 yesterday, which mean's there none left for today. I would make some, but there's no flour here, and I'm too lazy to go to the local shop to buy some, and it's possible that the old lady who works there will no doubt guess I'm buying the flour to make some pancakes, and then imprison me there for the rest of the day while she recalls pancake days from her past.

ReZ, lemon and sugar is the way forward my friend, fuck the nutella. although that american fluff stuff sounds like even a lemon & sugar beater.

i am intrigued.

... Pancake Day? :blank:

*puts up flame shield*

Shrove Tuesday - I'm surprised you don't have it. It's the first day before lent, and to use up all the things you should give up in making pancakes.

I'm probably missing out this year -a flatmate is making loads, but my dad is coming down to act as my guarantor, so he's taking me out for supper.

Scotch pancakes are shit. The small fat ones.

The only true pancakes are the long thing ones, homemade. Had them this morning. My family has a tradition of making really good ones.

Shrove Tuesday - I'm surprised you don't have it. It's the first day before lent, and to use up all the things you should give up in making pancakes.

I'm probably missing out this year -a flatmate is making loads, but my dad is coming down to act as my guarantor, so he's taking me out for supper.

Had to Wikipedia both Shrove Tuesday and lent. Turns out I have heard about lent - but not Shrove Tuesday.

Scotch pancakes are shit. The small fat ones.

The only true pancakes are the long thing ones, homemade. Had them this morning. My family has a tradition of making really good ones.

Good, none of that American slab bullshit.