NEurope
Nicktendo

Drunken political rant *contains bad language*

I wrote this at 6am on Wednesday morning after a night out. Dunno why. Never "creatively wrote" before, so yeah...

British Jobs for British workers

If I hear any more racist twats say that fucking statement one more time I'm going to scream. I'm so sick of people in this country saying they're being robbed by foreign labour. What the fuck is foreign anyway? Aren't we all one? It's called globalisation, sunshine. Just because someone comes from Poland doesn't mean they won't do a decent job that the majority of the whiny bastards here aren't willing to do. All these dole scrounging cunts who fucking piss and moan that their jobs are being stolen need to fucking wake up and realise that we live in a competitive world and if someone comes along that is better than them then it's just tough shit. Don't play the old 'they get paid lower than minimum wage' card. Put some fucking effort into your approach to life instead of wasting it being pissed off at everyone else.

For the last week all we've fucking heard is how these idiots are striking because 'immigrants' are stealing their jobs. Well here's some news for ya, this ain't Britain, it's the world, mate. There ain't no such thing as Britain, it should be buried. Burn the fucking flag and the fucking Queen. They stand for fuck all now except a tarnished history of barbarianism and rape. No one should be proud to be British after all the atrocities this country has committed across the globe. It's a fucking disgrace. Sure we might be 'free,' but at what cost? Think of all the innocent Iraqi's our soldiers have raped and slaughtered. All the families killed and separated during the partition of India and Pakistan, and countless other acts of evil this stained empire has committed. This country is a pile of shit. To be British is to be a piece of scum. Why can't we all just be one? Everyone differentiates between skin colour, race and creed. What happened to just being human? Living in peace and harmony? All I fucking see is hate. A sordid fear of the unknown. Overcome it, reach out and replace that fear with acceptance and friendship before the fear corrosively eats away at us and tears us all apart.

Rise up and revolt against the bigots. Respect a person’s right to freedom of speech, no-one should ever be silenced, but everyone should be educated. Use your own mind to influence and change someone's narrow minded views. If we work together we can create a better society, one without an irrational fear of the unknown. This is the world, not Britain. Everyone has a right to be here, Leeds, York, Harrogate, anywhere. No matter what your background. Everyone has a right to work here if they want to. Just like anyone has a right to work in Bulgaria, Poland, Slovenia or wherever they choose, freedom. It's just names. Lucasz. Anjali. Susan. Paul.

Reject the flag, reject the monarchy. They simply symbolise everything wrong with the world, the underlying cause that unsettles the masses when the dynamic shifts less than a mere millimetre. Nationalism is dead. Britannia rules the graves. So put it in its place, burn the fucking union jack and all its affiliated atrocities, but never forget. Burn it to pile of dust to be swept away by an ever flowing breeze of righteousness. There is no place for patriotism. Tell me, what have we got to be patriotic about? Prince cuntface Harry and the fucking British army? Well, Fuck the Armed forces. Why not Force them to lay down their arms and open their hearts? And you do the same. The most powerful 'weapon' is initiative, not some complex piece of metal. Use it. Conversation can solve quarrels, not a co-alition.

So while these wastes of space are being aired on the BBC, expressing their coherently racist views, no matter what pretty garment they dress it up in. Don't fall for it. Don't sympathise. See it for what it is. Undress it and glare at the naked, nationalistic, narcissistic undertones laid bare before your eyes. Don't be brainwashed by the media. Question everything that's presented to you from David fucking Dimbleby to a Cadburys advert with stupid fucking eyebrows. Think for yourself, think, think for yourself.

We are all equal. Men, women and children. We are all equal. We are all one. One world, one love. Unity. Peace and unity. Just ONE life - Anarchy.

Alcohol-fuelled rant. Over.

x

Why not Force them to lay down their arms and open their hearts? And you do the same. The most powerful 'weapon' is initiative, not some complex piece of metal. Use it. Conversation can solve quarrels, not a co-alition.

Main jipe with your rant - you start off demanding we 'rise up' and 'revolt' against the 'bigots', and burn flags and queens. You've contradicted yourself by demanding violence then stating that it is not the right answer. Your essay is your part of a dialogue between you and the people you want to convince are wrong, and you have to focus on who you are trying to convince in order to use the best method. You're mostly preaching to the choir, here.

But! I do like your anger, your focus. The subject matter is an interesting one (or an interesting several) that is made of grey middle ground. I agree with you on several points but not all - the role of nation is more than just queen or army - nations are a sense of identity, of belonging that you don't get from accepting true equality with everyone. If there was equality then why have competitions to see who is the best? If there's equality, then which language should we all learn and why? So much rubble to sift through with the equality mess, so avoid that.

Pride. What you are really asking for is for us to accept other cultures, other races, other creeds and colours without prejudice or patronising reason. This is indeed done with words by convincing/informing/educating people, but not of how equal we are but of how other people are different. Understanding that there really is difference is the first step towards acceptance.

Nations, media control, xenophobia, beurocracy, class... you packed a lot in!

Anarchy's not my thing. "British Jobs for British Workers" is not about racism (or xenophobia), it's about skilled workers wanting to earn a living in their own country. I'm not against immigrants who agree with this country's values and really want to make a go of it here. We're talking about "floating hotels" that are full of people only here to take the jobs.

We've got to look after our own. Firstly, because this nation is built upon the hard work and taxes of our families and ancestors. Secondly, because we'll be in deep trouble the day most British people can't earn a living. We have the Welfare State now, but only because there are enough people who pay their taxes. If things got to extremes, people wouldn't be able to work and, with no other taxpayers, we'd literally starve.

You say there's no such thing as Britain, but different nations do have different values. When Jews were driven out of Russia and then Germany, they fled to countries where they could have freedom, ie. Britain (and USA).

The only reason we've been able to keep our freedom over the centuries is because we've always had a strong army, loyal to the monarch. I don't necessarily agree with the way they've been deployed since Labour got in power (blame Tony Blair and his three wars), but the idea of an armed forces whose priority is "Defence of the Realm" is a sound one.

Yes, we are a world, which is why we try to have good relations with other countries. However, there are people who would kick us around at the first opportunity. The media don't invent this threat.

By the way, the BBC isn't inherently racist. The right-wing newspapers are always accusing them of being left-wing, if anything. We're getting hysterical about racism, to the point of not caring about actual cruelty.

I'm not so patriotic that I don't criticise Britain. In fact, I agree strongly with the idea of free speech and criticism. There are problems, but the basic template does work. To my mind, things have simply gone downhill an awful lot since 1997 when Labour got in, but that's politics.

I think this thread is now better suited to the main gen-chit-chat :) Lots of lovely topics to discuss!

From what i've read of your essay as it were so far is pretty darn good. But something which caught my eye which interests me which is your title "British Jobs For British Workers". In some ways, i agree with you. The lazy Brits who can't be asked to get a job and linger on the dole all their lives then moan about it when the Polish/Spanish etc take these jobs that these Brits refused. What else do employers do, if the Brits don't want the jobs hire in people who will.

It is a competitive world, and with this recession Britain is currently facing any job going will have maximum competition to acquire the job.

What this is really all about from what i have worked out from all the news reports, paper reports etc is that if the Brits can't be bothered to earn a living and rather "scrounge it" from the working Tax Payers then Foreigners who have a permit to work in this country will take any opportunity to earn a living rather than "scrounge" it like some Brits do.

Yes, i agree with the protesters who claim that we should be first in line for jobs because of our current financial situation. But again, some Brits are too lazy to apply for jobs so we won't be first in line for much longer. And if many more Brits become unemployed for Foreign nationals to replace them who earn minimum wage (thus don't pay a lot of Tax), we won't have as much Tax money to pay Benefits and what else will be left to do, we will have to go back to work with no choice really.

You also claim that Britain no longer exists. Actually, Britain does exist. We have the freedom that other countries do not thanks to a strong Army and are loyal to our Monarchy which some countries don't have (some don't have a Monarchy in power like us). Which is why some people attempt to get into this country because it is safe.

This country only has many things to blame to the British Media, who mix things up and makes things sound worse than they actually are. We can also blame the Labour Party, namely Tony Blair for his "fake" (i believe it was for Oil only) war in Iraq. Ok, we caught Saddam and executed him for his crimes against humanity.

I believe we should now look at Zimbabwe and get Mugabe out of there for his crimes. But all Britain does is complain to the EU. That was not what we did years ago, we invaded these countries (Falklands to name one) and grant them freedom which they deserve as well. Ok, Iraq is free from Saddam and his reign but what is left. His supporters who don't like change, thus they attack and cause problems like blowing up our troops, which in turn causes the families of the soldiers to get angry and call for an end to this meaningless war now. America has listened, and Britain probably will follow suit soon as we always do.

Britain needs to change to become Great once more. Us Brits need to pull a finger out and do more to get work. We should take a leaf out of Americas play book and give people 6 months on benefits if they are capable of work and if they don't prove they are looking hard enough or get a job, the benefits stop and no more money for freeloaders.

If we looked for work instead of complaining about why we don't get work and foreign nationals do, then maybe foreign workers won't get first priority for work and perhaps we will get back in first place for jobs and work. Maybe we Brits need to change, not the employers as the protesters want.

End.

Edit: For the record i am in no way racist or discriminating.

Main jipe with your rant - you start off demanding we 'rise up' and 'revolt' against the 'bigots', and burn flags and queens. You've contradicted yourself by demanding violence then stating that it is not the right answer. Your essay is your part of a dialogue between you and the people you want to convince are wrong, and you have to focus on who you are trying to convince in order to use the best method. You're mostly preaching to the choir, here.

But! I do like your anger, your focus. The subject matter is an interesting one (or an interesting several) that is made of grey middle ground. I agree with you on several points but not all - the role of nation is more than just queen or army - nations are a sense of identity, of belonging that you don't get from accepting true equality with everyone. If there was equality then why have competitions to see who is the best? If there's equality, then which language should we all learn and why? So much rubble to sift through with the equality mess, so avoid that.

Pride. What you are really asking for is for us to accept other cultures, other races, other creeds and colours without prejudice or patronising reason. This is indeed done with words by convincing/informing/educating people, but not of how equal we are but of how other people are different. Understanding that there really is difference is the first step towards acceptance.

Nations, media control, xenophobia, beurocracy, class... you packed a lot in!

I am 100% anti-violence. What I am suggesting is not to physically burn the queen, but burn everything she stands for. A ruler of all classes. An elite. I am suggesting burning British flags not as an act of violence but as a political statement, saying that what I believe is that this country should not stand for what it has done in the past. Anyone who resorts to violence, or promotes it loses my respect instantly and anything they have to say I will generally disregard, especially if acts of violence come before they open their mouths.

I am very passionate about this topic and do not believe nationalism is healthy. Having a national identity is improtant to many people, and you are right that there are differences between many people in the places they come from and the cultures they have lived through and experinced. What I am against is people thinking their culture / way of life is superior or it needs "protecting" from being destroyed. I think cultures naturally evolve and change as they become richer. I wonder how many BNP members have a curry or a kebab after a night out? Stupid example, but it has been come part of the "British" culture.

I know there is no focus as I was off my tits an just listed the things that annoyed me and I have little or no experience with writing. lol. I'm just getting fed up with the way the world seems to be turning out and the importance placed on financial gain. It really pisses me off because I know money is not needed for people to have rich, fulfilling lives, it just seems to get in the way of everything and be the underlying cause of all the global issues and grievances.

By the way, the BBC isn't inherently racist. The right-wing newspapers are always accusing them of being left-wing, if anything. We're getting hysterical about racism, to the point of not caring about actual cruelty.

I like the BBC and do beleive it to be pretty impartial, I was just annoyed that the chose to voice these opinions on the news when they clearly were subtly, quite racist. But freedom of speech is something that is very important as well. So i guess these people need to have a platform to voice their own opinions even if they make me cringe.

Well, Fuck the Armed forces. Why not Force them to lay down their arms and open their hearts? And you do the same. The most powerful 'weapon' is initiative, not some complex piece of metal. Use it. Conversation can solve quarrels, not a co-alition.

Maybe you'd prefer being a North Korean, Tibetan or a Jew in a German concentration camp, not a free person because hippies are just would be slaves protected by people with big guns. Being all cuddly and nice is a universe away from being wise. If it wasnt for our military, our country would have been destroyed so many countless times in our history by people who don't give a s**t about being cuddly and nice.

Maybe you'd prefer being a North Korean, Tibetan or a Jew in a German concentration camp, not a free person because hippies are just would be slaves protected by people with big guns. Being all cuddly and nice is a universe away from being wise. If it wasnt for our military, our country would have been destroyed so many countless times in our history.

It wouldn't have if there were no armed forces.

*I am fully aware that this a completely romantic idea and would never reach fruition*

If we had anarchy, the first thing I'd bet would happen is that people would organise gangs and people would pay them for protection from other gangs/groups of people. The gangs would get corrupt and would end up ruling the people as if they were slaves, like they did in the olden days where the rich owned land and the people that were on it. So much for anarchy.:p

People that use the "(insert country) Jobs for (insert same country) workers" slogan don't understand that the problem isn't actually with the foreign workers, who were willing to leave their country behind so they could have a better life and support the family back home.

If they're a more competitive workers with the same "tools" (minimum wage, rights etc...) the locals have, than tough luck, their doing what they can to have a living in strange environment to them and you shouldn't be accustomed to having a better paying job by default just because you live near the place.

The British are a bit worse in this aspect because they include EU citizens in the same bag as people from outside the EU, showing a complete lack of knowledge in the whole concept behind the EU.

What people should be complaining is the companies moving their factories and services to countries that don't even have minimum wage and no workers rights, just to make shit for the richer and now jobless countries to buy, making a loophole in the whole economy of western economies. China might be on the up now being the factory of the world, but I want to see what will happen when there's no one with money to buy their products.

If I hear any more racist twats say that fucking statement one more time I'm going to scream. I'm so sick of people in this country saying they're being robbed by foreign labour. What the fuck is foreign anyway? Aren't we all one? It's called globalisation, sunshine. Just because someone comes from Poland doesn't mean they won't do a decent job that the majority of the whiny bastards here aren't willing to do. All these dole scrounging cunts who fucking piss and moan that their jobs are being stolen need to fucking wake up and realise that we live in a competitive world and if someone comes along that is better than them then it's just tough shit. Don't play the old 'they get paid lower than minimum wage' card. Put some fucking effort into your approach to life instead of wasting it being pissed off at everyone else.

I fucking love this guy already - I'm with you buddy.

I'm very pro-Europe - we need it more than any of you nationalistic cunts realise - anyone thinks otherwise, they can officially suck my balls.

I don't care if you're Polish, Pakistani or purple with yellow spots - you're welcome in my country anytime if you're here for a worthwhile cause (that doesn't include blowing yourself up...).

If we had anarchy, the first thing I'd bet would happen is that people would organise gangs and people would pay them for protection from other gangs/groups of people. The gangs would get corrupt and would end up ruling the people as if they were slaves, like they did in the olden days where the rich owned land and the people that were on it. So much for anarchy.:p

Wasn't that feudalism - I believe it worked in a slightly different way too? Maybe you mean something else, apologies if so!

If brown wants british workers he should leave the EU ^^

Then companies will have no choice but to employ these local workers instead of skilled italians, curses.

If brown wants british workers he should leave the EU ^^

Then companies will have no choice but to employ these local workers instead of skilled italians, curses.

I think the point that the protesters are making (or rather, they should be making if they want a decent case) is that employers should, when potential employees are equally skilled, employ locals.

Of course, if it's a case of employing a, let's say, Greek specialist vs some chav, then I'd go with the Hellenic fellow.

I think the point that the protesters are making (or rather, they should be making if they want a decent case) is that employers should, when potential employees are equally skilled, employ locals.

Of course, if it's a case of employing a, let's say, Greek specialist vs some chav, then I'd go with the Hellenic fellow.

But they don't, probably because they aren't.

What pisses me off is how some guy was complaining that, although we as citizens can move to somewhere else in the EU, it's not a viable option DESPITE the fact that loads of people are pretty capable of moving to the UK in order to find work. It is viable, I've fucking done it mate and believe it ain't that hard. Maybe you should try learning another language and doing what some of us call a little known process called integration or actually make yourself something of a competitive candidate for a job.

Touches on this subject in a polite manner.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=walmart

Indeed that was pleasent and has a similar point. To be honest companies willing to undercut the minimum wage to employ illeagal immagrants should be heavily reprimanded. The abuse and blame should never be directed at the workers, who when in a tight situation will likely take anything they can get.