NEurope
Rummy

Falcon...PUNCH!!!

Remember ladies, you never come before a man's games.

Man flips after girlfriend 'stood in front of TV'

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Television

A gamer beat up his girlfriend after she killed off his character by standing in front of the TV.

Police arrested Isac Benjamin Pettinger, 21, of Des Moines in the US, on charges of domestic abuse with injury, false imprisonment and obstruction of emergency communications.

His girlfriend, Lacey Proctor, 20, has made a request for a no-contact order against him.

Police said it all started with a video game, local media reported.

According to the official police report, Proctor said she stood in front of Pettinger, blocking his view of the screen. At that point Pettinger's video game character died and he became very angry."

He allegedly punched her in the side of the head.

She ran to a bathroom but he then allegedly attacked her again, beating her head against a wall.

When she tried to call for help, he grabbed the phone and disconnected it.

Saucey

So it seems there's yet more videogame related violence, though to be honest, all I could think of was Falcon Punch jokes when I read this.

This guy sounds like a psycho, if you would have taken his dinner away from him I would have expected the same result.

Does he not know that the proper response is to ask for make-up sex (for killing his in-game character, not the beating up)?

I bet the game was GTA IV, or Saints Row.

As Jordan said, he sounds like a Psycho to me as well. Don't take anything away from this guy, same results are expected i think.

I bet the game was GTA IV, or Saints Row

You retard! :blank: it was obviously Halo, or chess. Haven't you been keeping up to date with ANYTHING?!

Indeed, I love to debate myself

I keep misreading what you say.

You retard! :blank: it was obviously Halo, or chess. Haven't you been keeping up to date with ANYTHING?!

No. He was clearly playing Viva Pinata.

Viva Pinata is pretty fucking brutal behind its cute over tones...

Viva Pinata is pretty fucking brutal behind its cute over tones...

Not nearly as brutal as Pikmin (especially the second), though.

I keep misreading what you say.

Well, that's not MY fault, is it? :p

Bitch probably deserved it. In a world where we have wireless controllers, you can no longer unplug their controller, so I guess now you just stand in the way. Seriously though, this guy must be abusive like this all the time, time to cue old clichés

Pssh, never stand in the way of my gaming either, biatches.

Joking aside, what a twat.

Pssh, never stand in the way of my gaming either, biatches.

Joking aside, what a twat.

Yeah, at least you saw I was being sarcastic, guy is an asshole who apparently lacks the ability to press the start button to pause. If he was online, well, diddums

In his defence, it could have been a really hard-to-get-to-again bit in the game.

Well, could of been any of them games as well. Or Viva Pinata as Jordan said or Pikmin (2) as Cube said.

You never know, it could of been My Horse and Me as well that could of set him off.

He deserves to have the charges against him persued.

Assault is assault...

I know violence is never the answer, but i think he deserves a beating just for hitting someone.

Especially someone helpless and unaware.

You never know, it could of been My Horse and Me as well that could of set him off.

The Daily Mail had a recent crusade against Scrabble DS, anything's possible.

Proof that no one should get in the way of anyone's game.

Joking aside, it is pretty screwed up that he went so oot over a game. Plus I bet this starts the press off on an anti-videogame campaign again. ¬¬