NEurope

Also, Brawn could actually be in real trouble now regarding both championships!

They start p8 (dirty side!!) and p13 tomorrow... If Red Bull both finish on the podium which is looking likely, and form continues... they could well end up winning neither of them!

Also, Brawn could actually be in real trouble now regarding both championships!

They start p8 (dirty side!!) and p13 tomorrow... If Red Bull both finish on the podium which is looking likely, and form continues... they could well end up winning neither of them!

As Legard would say, getting a good start is KEY for Jenson tomorrow, on a circuit like Hungaroring, losing positions at the start will pretty much wreck your points chances, regardless of how much of a charge you put on later. It's the opposite for Lewis though, expecting him to lead into Turn 1.

Felipe Massa's accident, just wow what are the chances, especially after last weeks events. Just read on planet-f1 that the doctors described it as a 'life threatening but stable' condition, wow. I'm not usually a praying man but seriously i hope the guys alright, he's a terrific ambassador for the sport.

Jenson was unlucky with qualifying, he could only do 1 run in Q3 because they had to check his suspension. So he didn't burn off fuel like he would have expected to from the first run, and so is probably heavier than everyone else.

I love every interview with Vettel after qualifying, goes along the lines of:

-Smile at camera, say 'I had a good lap and have good stategy'

-Then says 'I need a good start because i'm surrounded by those KERS cars'. This is often said with a grin on his face because we know how he hates those KERS cars (Spain for example).

-Loiuse Goodman says 'Have a good one' and he just gives off a cute smile.

Ahh Vettel i love thee :)

Gonna be a boring race, first few corners will decide it tbh. That said, the run down to turn 1 and 2 is going to be mental.

Edit. Quite liking this race so far :) Can't believe how quick Kimi and Lewis are; very impressed with Lewis actually, it's good to see him a the front again I must admit.

Poor Vettel :(

Edited by Goron_3

Turned out to be a half decent race, certainly wasn't expecting Lewis and Kimi to stroll away with it like that, though almost everything seemed to go wrong for this year's big boys.

Button edges nearer the championship- 5 wins clear with not loads of races left

Button edges nearer the championship- 5 wins clear with not loads of races left

hes only 2 wins clear. Not even that actually.

hes only 2 wins clear. Not even that actually.

WHAT? He has won 5, vettel has won 1, webber has won 1, hamilton has won 1

WHAT? He has won 5, vettel has won 1, webber has won 1, hamilton has won 1

He's only 18.5 points ahead of Webber though. If Red Bull can keep up the pace or Brawn suffer some misfortune, Button could be easily caught by both Webber and Vettel in the six rounds remaining. A single retirement and the championship could be blown wide open in a stroke.

He's only 18.5 points ahead of Webber though. If Red Bull can keep up the pace or Brawn suffer some misfortune, Button could be easily caught by both Webber and Vettel in the six rounds remaining. A single retirement and the championship could be blown wide open in a stroke.

The championship is on number of wins this year

No it's not, that utterly ludicrous idea was dropped before the season even started.

lol, poor Stuwii!

I thought the race was fantastic today! Especially the first 30 laps, then it became a little more processional, but there was lots of action and drama early on!

Another incidents along the same theme with Alonso's tyre!!

That could have hit another car, hit a marshel, or settled on the track... man, what a strange coincedental week!

Loved seeing Kimi and Hamilton racing back at the front and both put in fantastic drives!... and having the rest of the Red Bull and Brawn drivers back through the pack for a change!

Overall a great race... just a shame there's a 6 week gap now ;)

Renault Suspended from Euro GP: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77354

Renault has been suspended from the European Grand Prix for the events that led to a wheel coming off Fernando Alonso's car in Hungary today.

Following a post-race discussion with the stewards, it was deemed that the team had breached the regulations enough for it to be suspended from the next event.

It means Alonso will miss his home event that takes place in Valencia next month, unless he moves to another team.

The championship is on number of wins this year

hahahaahhahahaa :bowdown:

tbf he probably should have pulled over when he could clearly see it sliding loose; that's what I thought when watching it.

Yeah, especially with what has happened recently I'm not surprised they are punishing them for letting that wheel come loose and bouncing around the track.

Anything come of the investigation into Kimi at the first corner?

Yeah no action was taken on it:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77353

Hungarian Grand Prix stewards have decided that no action was needed following the investigation of an incident involving Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen at the start of the race.

Raikkonen was under investigation over his driving at the first corner after making contact with Red Bull rival Sebastian Vettel.

The Finn, who finished in second place, escaped a penalty, however, as the stewards deemed it was just a racing incident.

Right decision, it was barely an incident!

They showed it in slow motion on the Red Button Forum, and said it was minimal and that the cars are supposed to be built to be able to take wheel to wheel knocks like that, and also that he was effectively squeezed into it.

I think going into a corner four abreast makes contact quite inevitable :D

I think going into a corner four abreast makes contact quite inevitable :D

Yeah i haven't seen 4 cars abreast in a corner for a LONG time :)

No it's not, that utterly ludicrous idea was dropped before the season even started.

Well that is button fucked- no British champion this year then

Overall a great race... just a shame there's a 6 week gap now ;)

;) indeed...

Quite surprised Renualt have been chucked out of the next race. A fine would have been a better punishment imo. All that means is less cars, less chance for drama and less chance of Piquet getting fired, unless he's already gone by then. Today's race was really, really good but I agree towards the end it dropped off a bit, and so did I. Woke up just in time for Lewis to cross the line and as much as I hated him last year, I'm really pleased he won today, he drove a well deserved and flawless victory and I cannot deny that he is a supreme talent (unlike his misses).

Roll on Belgium.

Edited by Nicktendo

6 week wtf! Thought it was 4.

At least that gives Massa some time to recover.

6 week wtf! Thought it was 4.

At least that gives Massa some time to recover.

Yeah Valencia is in 4 weeks ;)