NEurope

No way will Heidfeld ever get a Ferrari seat, personally I don't rate him at all. But yeah I can see Kubica/Alonso there in the future, not sure next year though but in 2011.

I heard Anthony Hamilton may consider advising Lewis to leave, but I don't think it'll happen. BMW is where I could see him though.

Apparently Lewis was set to leave McLaren and possibly the sport when all this came to light, but Moseley talked him out of it.

There's also ALOT of talk that it was Schumacher who advised the team to put Kimi on wets. Whether he did or not, it's time he left.

*Breaking news*

McLaren summoned to appear before WMSC

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74346

I actually reported they may have to go before the Motorsport world council. There is the confirmation.

So I'm going to be in Shanghai for the Chinese grand prix, chances ill be able to get a ticket. Chinese ticketmaster says its sold out but in previous years the Chinese government have had to give out thousands of free tickets to fill the place up.

So I'm going to be in Shanghai for the Chinese grand prix, chances ill be able to get a ticket. Chinese ticketmaster says its sold out but in previous years the Chinese government have had to give out thousands of free tickets to fill the place up.

I'm sure if you had a good look around when you get there you'll find some easily. It's true that the attendance has dropped massively since its inception so I'm sure you'll get some good seats very cheaply and witness another Jenson Button victory :)

Stands were pretty much empty for the last race, which is very surprising considering there was a title to be won.

Yeah that's why China were going to drop the race until Bernie stepped in to help them out [unlike with Silverstone the bastard], because they don't make any profit from hosting it!

Shame really, I for one really like Fuji!

What the?...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74388

Abu Dhabi considers 'unique' start time

Abu Dhabi is considering a 'unique' start time for its first Formula 1 race this year, track boss Philippe Gurdjian has revealed.

The Yas Marina's event is currently scheduled to begin at 3pm, but Gurdjian has hinted that race chiefs are hoping they can move it.

Speaking to AUTOSPORT, Gurdjian said: "At this moment, the start time is 3pm. But the final decision depends on Mr. [bernie] Ecclestone.

"We have a certain idea of what we would like to do, but I cannot tell you today what it is! We have a very specific idea, and I hope we will be able to do it - and it will be as unique as the track."

Gurdjian also dismissed as ‘ridiculous' speculation that emerged in recent weeks suggesting Abu Dhabi's track would not be ready in time - and that Canada could fill its slot.

"I don't know who made this wrong story, but on my side it was ridiculous," he explained. "I don't understand where it came from.

"On my side, we are progressing. Aldar, the people who are building the circuit, are doing a good job.

"They are making also a good job for the island, because we are starting from an island that only had sand - no bridges, no roads, no electricity and no water. But everything will be done on time."

Any guesses? I can't possibly think what they mean!

I can only think of a race starting at midnight, but it's never been talked about as being a night race, and I don't think the drivers would want to race at that time anyways!

I don't get it!

What the?...

Any guesses? I can't possibly think what they mean!

I can only think of a race starting at midnight, but it's never been talked about as being a night race, and I don't think the drivers would want to race at that time anyways!

I don't get it!

Night races require a LOT of planning so if thats what he's hinting at he needs to get on it, and quick!

Night races require a LOT of planning so if thats what he's hinting at he needs to get on it, and quick!
Yeah exactly, Singapore were talking about the massive flood lights and exactly what they were gonna be doing, WAY in advance of the race.

We all know Singapore is so great at night because of it's setting and backdrop, hence why China/Japan etc... at night would be aweful and they look great in the day!

Was gonna say Abu Dhabi wouldn't work, but then it is around a moderm Marina and Hotel complex, so night time reflections etc... may look nice!

Anyways, ultimately I like Singapore being the only night race, and would prefer it to stay that way.

But what else could they be implying?

Edited by Retro_Link

BTW, does anyone know for sure if the news that "Shumacher was the one who decided it was best for Kimi to go out on full wets when he did" news is true?

There's been alot written about it in the Italian press and others, but no it's not been confirmed.

Schumacher's manager denide it, but then he's going to isn't he!

The fact the Stefano Domenicalli couldn't give a direct answer to a simple question, makes it seem he was involved...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74325

Q. Who took the decision to put Kimi onto wet tyres?

SD: Well, you know, I don't want to say that. It is something that we have discussed internally. Respecting your question, of course. I can tell you the reason why was we had information that a big downpour was coming. We felt some drops of rain at that stage, so because of this that is why we took that decision.

Q. And what about Michael Schumacher's role? Should all these mistakes happen with a seven-time world champion on board?

SD: I was expecting that question, but I do not want to give an answer because I did not also answer who decided what here. So I don't want to. This is something we will discuss internally, it is not something that we will discuss outside.

If it's true, he can't be fully blamed, because it wouldn't have been him who made the final call, but still!

Honestly the guy needs to move on! He just hangs around unable to offer an real advice on anything because F1 has moved on massively since he left. The '09 season is like nothing he's ever experienced!

The fact that his manager said he's unlikely to renew his contract with Ferrari at the end of the year, just heightens speculation.

Edited by Retro_Link

Get rid of Massa or Kimi and put Schumy back into the flippin car. Seriously.

With the current state of Ferrari, such as poor decision making, strategies, constant unreliability, their cars problem with tyre warming etc... I'm not sure it would make much difference who the drivers were!

Things need to change in that company and fast!

Well with this week break I wonder if any developments will have been made to shuffle the grid a little more.

I know that Ferrari for one have a couple of aero updates coming, and McLaren seem to be keeping up development at each race aswell.

But the teams are having to wait for the results of the diffuser hearing, which I think is tomorrow. If it's ruled legal, which surely it will be, the other teams will then be fully behind developing their own solution; but it will take them many months to catch up!

Right looks like Jenson is going to walk away with the title after all.

Hmm.

Yeah, I'd also edge more towards 'Hmm' than 'immense'.

The rest of the teams will be out of the running until around mid season, by which time it'll prob be to late anyway!

Ferrari, McLaren... just start your 2010 car now and switch the tables!

I don't think Jenson will run away with it. I hope he wins it because he is a spectacular driver and he has needed a good car since he began in F1. I hope the Toyotas put up a good fight because I love that team and both their drivers as well. It will be an intersting season and probably the most exciting for years. As the other teams progress it will be intersting to see how the grid changes (and just how good the Brawn car is, because my betting is it's excellent and will be at or very close to the front all year). Keep an eye out for Red Bull as well as they don't have the DD Diffuser and they are extremely quick at the moment, especially in the wet. It's going to be a great season!

Let's get on with the racing!

I don't think Jensen will run away with the title either. He only has 5 points over his teammate and 6.5 from 3rd. I hope to see Barrichello pushing Button maybe even getting the title himself.

I don't think Barrichello will be able to keep up with Button this season; it seems to me that he's not quite as comfortable/dialed in with the car.

I don't think Jensen will run away with the title either. He only has 5 points over his teammate and 6.5 from 3rd. I hope to see Barrichello pushing Button maybe even getting the title himself.

You can hardly expect it to be more of a gap than 6 points at this stage. That's no good as evidence he won't run away with it - his scoring so far is perfect.

It'll be interesting to see how and when the other teams will be able to introduce their own double-deckers. The suspicion is McLaren will be well ahead of the rest having already been redesigning their aero since well before the season start, plus their silence on the matter seems telling.

If reports are to be believed, McLaren and Renault will have the easiest task redesigning their aero to accomodate the new DDD and may even have something on the car by the race this week.

For Ferrari it will take a while longer as it requires them to design a new gearbox [amongsth other aspects], with the very earliest for the DDD being Spain.

Even longer for BMW, where as Red Bull may not be able to get their car to accomodate one at all without a major redesign.

BMW are said to be working on a B-spec car that will include the DDD, and also be lighter so Kubica's car can also accomodate KERS.

EDIT:

So much for improving overtaking and keeping costs down...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74485

Theissen: Diffusers will hurt overtaking

BMW Motorsport director Mario Theissen has warned that the FIA's decision to approve the diffusers on the Brawn, Williams and Toyota cars will keep Formula 1 from reaching the intended reduction in downforce levels this season.

BMW-Sauber was one of several teams to appeal against the double-decker diffusers, but the International Court of Appeal today approved the designs and BMW has joined Ferrari and Red Bull in admitting it will have to re-design its diffuser.

"We will accept the decision of the International Court of Appeal," said Theissen. "This ruling means we now have clarity regarding the application of the regulations.

"However, it does not achieve the reduction in downforce and cornering speeds intended by the Overtaking Working Group when the new regulations were drawn up. At the same time, this decision means that seven teams will have to invest heavily in carrying out the necessary modifications to their cars."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74483

Newey starts work on new diffuser

"We are working flat-out on a new solution already," said Red Bull's motorsport advisor Helmut Marko. "As the verdict became official, Adrian [Newey] immediately cancelled his flight to Shanghai and will stay in the factory. If everything goes according to plan, we will have the 'new' car ready for Monaco."

Marko says Red Bull was angered by the decision to approve the three double-decker diffusers because it had already submitted a similar design for approval and had it rejected.

"What angers us is the fact that we had approached [Charlie] Whiting for a clarification on a diffuser solution like the one in question and we were told it was illegal, therefore we did not pursue it any further though our design team had similar ideas," said Marko.

"I wonder what impact this will have on cornering speeds. I assume there will be problems soon when cars are going too fast, and the airflow the double diffuser creates for sure will make overtaking more difficult again. Thus it is against the spirit of the rules agreed in the working groups."

Apparantly this was also true of Renault and I'm not surprised they're pissed! The rules should have been clarified so much earlier!

And really it's rediculous that the diffusers go against the plans for F1 yet are allowed to go ahead.

Edited by Retro_Link