NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

Nope, Flair is retired.

But they make such a good team! I know they're opponents in this, but think of the glory if they combined forces.

You'll need to crank the volume up to fully appreciate it.

Nope, Flair is retired.

Tempted to check wwe.com for confirmation on those rumours, but i will wait and hopefully download it tonight. So excited about Austin! I'll be gutted if it wasn't true now.

Jericho challenged Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboad, Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka to a match with Flair in the corner. Apparantly Mickey Rourke will be on the front row at Mania.

i cant see that being the finallized match...theres still 2 raws before WM so maybe austin will be involved HOPEFULLY!! will be gutted otherwise :shakehead

match made on ECW

cant get spoiler tag to show but its a match everyone saw coming

Edited by BeerMonkey

miz and morrison vs carlito and primo both tag titles on the line

christian is in mitb

am expecting bourne to face swagger

Ah, Swagger, thats the guy. Forgot about Christian being in MITB, he'll be pretty entertaining in that.

Both tag titles on the line is a bit strange. Surely unifying them is a better option. Ah well, i guess one team will walk out with two belts each :p

A revival is needed.

Awesome RAW this week. The HHH, Orton stuff always makes me happy, no matter who gets the upper hand. Randy kissing Stephanie was so twisted, and just more motivation for HHH to kick his ass. HHH will get the better of him next week as he's bound to lose at mania.

Still no advancement on the stone cold rumour. Looks set to be a crappy 3 on 1 match. I hope thats just to throw us off, but im not so sure.

Only one week to go!

New DLC is up for Smackdown vs RAW

4 new superstars and an alternative costume for Chris Jericho

Superstars are

Evan Bourne, Ted DiBiase, Super Crazy and Charlie Haas

Cost 330 MS Points

Meanwhile, the Smackdown main event was awesome. It's still strange seeing Shawn on Smackdown, but damn, that made for an awesome show.

Meanwhile, the Smackdown main event was awesome. It's still strange seeing Shawn on Smackdown, but damn, that made for an awesome show.

It was strange seeing Shawn as it were, quite strange but cool at the same time.

Oh, and Gail Kim has returned

Just watched yesterdays RAW, awesome, great ending.

Can't believe I'm gonna miss Mania... how long after the PPV does it normally take for the DVD to come out?

with Mania it's usually out within a couple of months I think

Just watched yesterdays RAW, awesome, great ending.

Can't believe I'm gonna miss Mania... how long after the PPV does it normally take for the DVD to come out?

Why will you miss it? Box Office repeats it for at least a week.

And if you're going to Phillipines, surely a hotel or something will have it to order as well?!

Got me excited for RAW now, i havnt seen it yet. Was expecting a good one though as its the last one before mania.

Lets get into the Wrestlemania mood, what is everyone's Top 5 Wrestlemania matches. Reasons as well if possible.

Bret Hart vs Stone Cold Steve Austin (Wrestlemania XIII)

What a match this was, it was so back and forth. The way both Bret and Austin changed between Heel and Face halfway in the match. The end of the match was the turning point for Bret's Heel turn.

Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon (Wrestlemania X)

First Ladder Match, and it was a great one to be fair.

Hulk Hogan vs The Rock (Wrestlemania XVIII)

It was hyped beyond, the build up was awesome and the way Hogan turned back to face right from the start was just awesome. The end of the match is a moment not to be forgotten.

TLC (Wrestlemania XVII)

First Triangle TLC match, featuring the Dudleys, Edge and Christian and the Hardys. It was a breathtaking match with so much happening at once it was hard to keep up. It really turned into a 3 vs 3 vs 3 match once the third persons arrived for each team.

Undertaker vs Kane (Wrestlemania XIV)

How many Tombstones can one man take before staying down, this was a great match to be fair.

And a special shout goes to this match

Bret Hart vs Owen Hart (Wrestlemania X)

What a true Brother vs Brother match is, and could be the best B vs B match i've seen.

Edited by Jimbob

I haven't been watching wrestling for that long (only since 2004), but here go 5 awesome WM matches, in no particular order:

Edge vs. Mick Foley (WM22): Definitely one of the best Hardcore matches I've seen;

Benoit vs. HBK vs. HHH (WMXX): Incredible match. Amazing ending, too;

Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle (WM21): Stole the show at a good Wrestlemania;

Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair (WM24): Wow, just Wow. Unusually emotional;

TLC at Wrestlemania X7: Yet another incredible match, and an example of the potential of Tag Teams.

hmm I completely disagree with igns list.. All good matches but I would never give tlcII number 1.. especially seen as tlc at summerslam2000 was much better..

ill do up a nice list. But it's always difficult to seperate good "wrestling" matches with good "brawls" if you get me

I'm gutted that I'm working nightshift on the night of mania :(.

I NEVER EVER miss it :(.

But on the bright side Bret Hart is doing a book signing in Belfast on the 17th so that makes up for it :).

This is the first time since Wresltemania 16 I won't be watching. The build up (IMO) has been dreadful, the matches look poorly put together and the Vickie storyline is atrocious, especially for a main event WM. The Orton/HHH storyline is also stupid. Attacking women and breaking into people's home on a program rated PG. WWE have lost all sight of what used to make them good. Fail.

Bah, dont be silly. The HHH/Orton storyline has been amazing. He didn't attack them for the fun of it, even if thats what he says now. He attacked Vince as he was going to fire him. He atatcked Shane because he stook up for his dad and wanted to fight. And he attacked Stephanie because... well, it was a long time coming. She was the one who started the whole firing thing, plus the added incentive of provoking HHH of course.

As for the home invasion, they've always done stuff like that. I remember Rikishi running over someone, bar brawls and all sorts of crazy crap. Besides which, you can imagine someone who has just had his wife attacked doing something like that, so it wasn't far-fetched at all. You say you want old stuff but i bet you right now that would whinge if they did it the old way, saying its not as good as back then. At the end of the day, in-ring taunting and little back-stage moments or whatever are still used. They do that too, just look at the Taker/HKB match, the build up for that has been very old-school, but you'd probably say it isn't as good. So they cant win with some people.

I think Mania is looking amazing. I'm excited for every match apart from the Jericho one. It seems impossible now for Austin to be involved :(

Just Smackdown to go!!!

Maybe it's just me, I can't seem to stomach any wrestling at the moment and the storyines in WWE and TNA just bore me to death. Perhaps I should give up, it's too much of a soap opera now, not that it wasn't before but at least there was some high quality wrestling and not just people who could play a good character.

Anyone know who's in the Hall of Fame this year?

The class of 2009 is...

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Terry and Dory Funk, Jr.

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

"Cowboy" Bill Watts

Koko B. Ware

The Von Erichs

Howard Finkel

The class of 2009 is...

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Terry and Dory Funk, Jr.

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

"Cowboy" Bill Watts

Koko B. Ware

The Von Erichs

Howard Finkel

I knew Austin was going in, didn't know about the others. Cheers for the info mate.