NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

Sony Vs Nintendo

AQlso some 3rd party stuff which looks good / unusual early next year ie:- madworld, fatal frame, monster hunter3, fragile just off the top of my head & is no more heroes 2009?

I S-Ranked excite truck even though it was just a 'good' game. Wii Sports 2: they're pretty much just gonna do the same as the first. Whilst the first was good and lasted a while, I'd rather have most of the PS3 games.

I don't like Pikmin :/

It's all down to preferances, but sometimes I think that no matter how bad the stuff that Nintendo produces, some people here will still say they are the best.

Punchout Pikmin and more!?

Your excited about 2 games for next year and think Nintendo can pull it out of the bag? No chance! (subjective obviously)

There is so much more stuff to get excited about next year for Sony and Microsoft.

for PS3:

Gran Turismo 5

Tekken 6

Killzone 2 (which I already know will be awesome cause I played the beta)

Rachet and clank future 2

God of War 3

Resident Evil 5

Infamous

MAG

Yakuza 3

Heavy Rain

(Timesplitters 4 :()

Shame most of them are sequels, but that isn't the point.

Heard of these games?

Wii 2009 Games:

Another Code R

Arc Rise Fantasia

BOOM BLOX 2

Cave Story

Cosmic Walker

Cursed Mountain

Deadly Creatures

Dynamic Slash

Endless Ocean 2: Beautiful Ocean

Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

Icarian: Kindred Spirits

K.O.R.E Gang

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

Let's Tap

Little King's Story

Mad World

Marble Saga: Kororinpa 2

Monster Hunter 3

Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars

New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis

New Play Control! Pikmin

Overlord: Dark Legend

Phantom Brave

Pikmin 3

Punch-Out! Wii

Ready 2 Rumble

Rune Factory Frontier

Sam and Max: Season 2

Sin and Punishment 2

Sonic and the Black Knight

Swords & Soldiers

Taiko Drum Master

Tales of ---

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Tenchu 4: Shadow Assassins

The Conduit

The House of the Dead: Overkill

The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces

Wii Sports Resort

360 2009 Games:

2 Days to Vegas

Alan Wake

ARMA II

Banjo-Tooie

Battlestations: Pacific

Bayonetta

Bionic Commando

Borderlands

Call of Duty 6

Dead or Alive: Code Chronos

Divinity 2 - Ego Draconis

Dungeon Hero

F.E.A.R. 2

Fightnight Round 4

Forza Motorsport 3

Galactic Command - Excalibur

GTR

Guitar Hero : Metallica

Halo 3 : Recon

Halo Wars

JellyCar

Just Cause 2

Mafia II

Magna Carta 2

Mass Effect 2

Metal Slug 7

Mobile Ops: The One Year War

Ninety-Nine Nights II

Postal III

Prey 2

Prototype

Proximity HD

Quake Arena Arcade

RacePro

Raven Squad: Operation Hidden Dagger

Red Baron

Resident Evil 5

Skate 2

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Street Fighter 4

Tekken 6

The King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match

The Precursors

Theseis

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Two Worlds: The Temptation

Uno Rush

Warhound

PS3 2009 Games:

Bayonetta

Bionic Commando

Borderlands

Call of Duty 6

Dark Void

DC Universe Online

Demon's Souls

F.E.A.R. 2

Fat Princess

Flower

God of War III

Gran Turismo 5

Guitar Hero : Metallica

HAWX

Heavy Rain

Infamous

Killzone 2

King of Fighters XII

Mafia II

MAG: Massive Action Game

Prototype

Quantum Theory

Ratchet & Clank Future 2

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Resident Evil 5

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

Skate 2

Street Fighter 4

Tekken 6

The Agency

The Last Remnant

Uncharted 2

White Knight Chronicles

Yakuza 3

You've posted that about 10 times now so yeah. For me there is a huge genre difference, not enough of my type of games on the Wii.

I S-Ranked excite truck even though it was just a 'good' game. Wii Sports 2: they're pretty much just gonna do the same as the first. Whilst the first was good and lasted a while, I'd rather have most of the PS3 games.

I don't like Pikmin :/

It's all down to preferances, but sometimes I think that no matter how bad the stuff that Nintendo produces, some people here will still say they are the best.

WAY better than motorsport for me.

As for Wii Sports 2, same as the last......? Huh? In what way? In the way that there'll be double the amount of sports, all different to Wii Sports, and the use of motionplus.....you have bizarre thoughts? :) GT5 will b exactly the same type of game and that's fine. And then you say Wii Sports 2 will be just the same when it will undoubtedly be more different a game to the first than pretty much all the sequels you mentioned :)

Don't like it, fair enough; but some people seem to slag things off that they don't fully understand!

You've posted that about 10 times now so yeah. For me there is a huge genre difference, not enough of my type of games on the Wii.

What is your type of game?

I was just listing the first party games that come to mind. Personally I think GT5 is pretty dull, it's just not my thing likewise Project Siren. Both great games but not for me.

To bad people can't be as comprehensive with Wii games. (not necessarily you, but in general)

There's a lot of shovelware on Wii, admittedly but the PS2 was the same because of it's popularity but amid the cr@p on Wii there are a lot of great, original, classic games that you can't get on a 360 or PS3 with a lot of promising titles on the way in 09.

Don't like it, fair enough; but some people seem to slag things off that they don't fully understand!

Yeah, it is like the "said console has no games!" then say "not my type of games on said console" after shown them that saying no games is stupid.

DC Universe is going to be on PS3.............

WWWWOWWWWWW WHAAAA WWHEEEEEE WWWAAAWWW WOWWWW EEEEE WWWHAAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No but... argh! I'm saying no games from my perspective. You've just posted a big list of Wii games I couldn't give a shit about bar a couple, I'm more interested in the PS3 list. If you prefer the Wii's then fine.

GT5 is definetly not going to be original, but it isn't trying to be. If you get a steering wheel for it and master the driving then it is very rewarding.

Wii Sports 2 will be great but I'm pretty certain it will be similar to the last one like sequels are. Yeah on the face of it the sports are different but it'll still retain the same goals like the original. Forgot about Wii + though, could be interesting if it works well.

Yeah, it is like the "said console has no games!" then say "not my type of games on said console" after shown them that saying no games is stupid.

Yeah exactly. Always happens, there's a perception about the Wii and thats all that people think about. Even though said perception is completely wrong, people still say the same things.

If people have played all of the great games on the Wii and still think it's crap, fair enough, but I get a feeling most people who slag it haven't played them. Could be wrong, but I doubt it :)

No but... argh! I'm saying no games from my perspective. You've just posted a big list of Wii games I couldn't give a shit about bar a couple, I'm more interested in the PS3 list. If you prefer the Wii's then fine.

GT5 is definetly not going to be original, but it isn't trying to be. If you get a steering wheel for it and master the driving then it is very rewarding.

Wii Sports 2 will be great but I'm pretty certain it will be similar to the last one like sequels are. Yeah on the face of it the sports are different but it'll still retain the same goals like the original. Forgot about Wii + though, could be interesting if it works well.

To be honest I'm playing devils advocate, I have all systems and get all the good games for them all, so I win either way :D

Though I have always hated Gran Tourismo games! Any racing sim (except F1) gets on my tits! Colin McCrae, V-Rally, even diluted ones like PGR I can't stand. Give me Mario Kart/Wipeout/FZero any day of the week!

I've played the Wii and it has great games but they come too far in between, and they mainly revolve around the same franchises, which was why I sold it.

There are more than several franchises available as the result of better third party support for Sony and MS.

Why do I care about this 'console war' so much? I need to shut up.

btw I like both styles of racers

I would say both do a pretty good job for different markets. The wii and ds satisfy a market that aren't hardcore gamers whereas the ps3 markets well for the opposite.

Back before the ps3 and wii I would say both again were good except they applied themselves to the same market, people who played games regularly instead of just playing a tiny bit.

I love both always have! Right now I would never pick up a ps3 because of the price not because of what it offers. Even though it isn't included I would say the exact same for the xbox, I've never liked one more than the other.

I wasnt talking about you.

It was example of what fanboys do.

I would say both do a pretty good job for different markets. The wii and ds satisfy a market that aren't hardcore gamers whereas the ps3 markets well for the opposite.

Back before the ps3 and wii I would say both again were good except they applied themselves to the same market, people who played games regularly instead of just playing a tiny bit.

I love both always have! Right now I would never pick up a ps3 because of the price not because of what it offers. Even though it isn't included I would say the exact same for the xbox, I've never liked one more than the other.

They are all extremely good, whichever one you have you'll have loads of great games on it. The only bit I dispute is the Wii = casuals PS3/360 = hardcore. The Wii has loads of great hardcore games! Lots of them. The PS3 has a few good casual games too!

That's my main problem with the whole reoccurring debate on these boards, people dismissing the Wii has a genuine core gamers console.

They are all extremely good, whichever one you have you'll have loads of great games on it. The only bit I dispute is the Wii = casuals PS3/360 = hardcore. The Wii has loads of great hardcore games! Lots of them. The PS3 has a few good casual games too!

That's my main problem with the whole reoccurring debate on these boards, people dismissing the Wii has a genuine core gamers console.

Well I'm not saying it's solely a casual machine, I definately wouldn't say zelda is, alot of my friends wouldn't touch it when I told them how long it was. But 70% of the console games are. It's definately not a bad thing. For one, it was the reason I bought it!

It's just a shame that the wii doesn't push more decent games out. For it to be a decent console it relies on it's games not it's hardware! Take the wiifit..

..I won't buy it because £70 for a board and so little games just isn't worth t..however if nintendo suddenly went ''hey let's put more on wiifit'' I'd jump to go buy one.

Yeah, they do need to use it more, it's such a good bit of kit. I've just got skate it and Shaun White and both are amazing. Wii Music uses it well too. But there's about 6 games in total that use it. Hopefully next year there'll be loads.

..I won't buy it because £70 for a board and so little games just isn't worth t..however if nintendo suddenly went ''hey let's put more on wiifit'' I'd jump to go buy one.

You're in luck :P

Shaun-White-Snowboarding-US.jpg

250px-Skate-it-box-cover.jpg

wiimusic_box.jpg

10gmtyd.jpg

157326.jpg

rayman-raving-rabbids-tv-party-wii-ass-controls.jpg

etc...

(yes I like pics it makes a thread prettier :P )

Honestly Wii Fit alone already justified the price, although I've been slacking off lately, I certainly noticed that "playing" it made a difference.

But let's try to keep this about ingenuity and innovation cause it's kind of veering off (I know, I'm guilty too)

Whoever posted the stupidly long list of random games for all systems, just to point out, it was definitely missing some of my most hyped PS3 games.

But yeah, to get some sort of innovation chat back, anyone think the 360 and PS3 are starting to branch out a bit more? The past few years have pretty much been about getting the best graphics, and normally setting for shallower gameplay in order to be a safer bet for sales.

In 2009 I think companies have realised that no one can topple Call of Duty making another War shooter and so everyones starting to try other innovations and use the tech to do things that we couldn't do on the PS2 / GameCube other then shiny graphics. Games like Borderlands, Alpha Protocol, Star Ocean, Prototype etc. I think we may be entering the 'second' or 'third' wave of games for the consoles now.

But er yeah, Brutal Legend is gonna be game of 2009.

Heard of these games?

You would do well to contribute to forum topics rather than just paste copied shit off the internet all the time.

You would do well to contribute to forum topics rather than just paste copied shit off the internet all the time.

But I do contribute to forum topics.

You would do well to actually listen to what other people are saying and to be objective for once.

You would do well to actually listen to what other people are saying and to be objective for once.

Non-applicable advice; my issue was that almost all of his posts are just copied information off the net and it gets rather tiresome. His post with a list of games seemed silly due to the fact that there were so many and loads of randoms.